• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy / Light Recipe for an Express Show??

In summary, the conversation was about finding a healthy recipe for a show at a pediatrician's office where only a microwave was available. The suggestion of making a salad in a trifle bowl was made, but it was too big for the bowl. One person recommended the Chicken DeLight Salad made with spinach, chicken, apples, cranberries, and pecans. Another alternative suggested was the 7 Layer Southwest Salad, with the option to serve the sour cream on the side. The idea of making apple berry salsa with pita chips was also mentioned, as well as a strawberry spinach salad.
kristina16marie
Gold Member
I'm trying to find a fabulous recipe for an express show at my pediatrician's office. Most of the ladies are on WW, so I want to have a healthy recipe that they'll actually eat, but there is only a microwave available. I was thinking of doing a salad in the trifle bowl, but I'm drawing a blank. Any ideas??

I just made the Chicken Harvest (renamed it to Chicken DeLight) yesterday for a healthy recipe show. It was a HUGE hit. I used the large Square Simple Additions bowl to serve. Unfortunately, it didn't fit in Trifle bowl.
Hope this helps.

Chicken DeLight Salad (Harvest Chicken Salad)
---------------------

Ingredients:

Dressing
2 oranges
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
1 small garlic clove, pressed

Salad
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
2 cups diced roasted chicken
1 cup diced celery
2 medium Red Delicious apples
1/2 cup chopped red onion
3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup toasted pecan halves (optional)
Orange segments and Whole-Grain Croutons (optional)

Directions:
1. For dressing, zest one orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 2
teaspoons zest. Juice oranges to measure 1/2 cup juice. Combine orange zest, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk. While continuously whisking, add orange juice in a thin, steady stream; set dressing aside.

2. For salad, place spinach in bottom of large serving bowl. Dice chicken and
celery using Utility Knife. Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove stems and
seeds using Cook’s Corer(R). Cut each apple half into four wedges; crinkle cut wedges into small pieces using Crinkle Cutter. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Layer chicken, celery, apples, onion, cranberries and pecans, if desired, over spinach. To serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Top with orange segments and Whole-Grain Croutons, if desired. Serve immediately.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Light (1 cup salad): Calories 100, Total Fat 2 g,
Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium
170 mg, Fiber 2 g

mmmmm, that sounds yummy! thanks!

This salad is delicious and everyone always loves the dressing!

I did this at a show and it seemed to take a long time. Another alternative is the 7 Layer Southwest Salad. Great and I do the sour cream on the side, because I hate it and not everyone feels the same!

The apple berry salsa goes over well with WW. I just leave out the apple jelly and use a little Splenda to sweeten to taste. We also made pita chips with cinnamon sugar.

Strawberry Spinach salad - to die for!

I agree with the Apple Berry Salsa it is super easy and tasty and have the chips prepared ahead of time, they will love the salsa....

What are some healthy and light recipes that I can make for an express show?

Some healthy and light recipes that are perfect for an express show include grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, zucchini noodles with marinara sauce, quinoa and black bean salad, and roasted salmon with asparagus.

Can I make any substitutions to make the recipes even healthier?

Yes, you can make substitutions to make the recipes even healthier. For example, you can use cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta.

Are there any vegetarian options for the recipes?

Yes, there are vegetarian options for the recipes. You can make a vegetable stir-fry with tofu, a salad with a variety of fresh vegetables and a homemade vinaigrette dressing, or a quinoa and vegetable stir-fry.

Are the recipes easy and quick to make?

Yes, all of the recipes are designed to be quick and easy to make for an express show. They require minimal prep time and can be made in under 30 minutes.

Can I adjust the serving sizes for larger groups?

Yes, you can easily adjust the serving sizes for larger groups. The recipes can be doubled or tripled to accommodate more people. You can also use larger pans or cooking equipment to make larger portions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• zaharof
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
zaharof
  • 2chefsAJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
2chefsAJ
  • smartcookie