• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pizza Night Demo: Easy Recipe & Tips for New Consultants

heard of this? LOL...I'm so confused and I don't know if the consultant is making stuff up or if there is something wrong with the pizza recipe. I've been hearing a lot of different things about the amount of dough. The only thing I can think of is that it might have to do with the type of dough. I used the same dough as the other recipe @ http://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/603730/recipe
Cindycooks
Silver Member
We had a training last night for new consultants and we made this as our recipe - everyone got to try out a tool and give tips...anyway the pizza is wonderful! I was iffy on it but I loved it - everybody raved over it and one of our consultants who is pregnant has 3 slices. Very good - very easy and a great demo! The onley thing we really had to study on was cutting up a fresh pineapple, but the forged knife made even that easy! We used the utility knife since that comes in the kit.

I absolutly love the Aloha pizza it was so yummy

OMG it is SOOOOO good. I have a feeling it will be one of my main demos this spring. :)

I love Aloha Pizza! We made it at my team meeting last month. Since fresh pineapple has been very expensive lately (I think it was around $6!!), we used canned pineapple slices in natural juices and it worked out just fine. Great demo recipe!

Mary

UGH, I am DYING to try that!!!!
I went shopping today, and KNEW I wanted to do a recipe at home, but couldn't remember which one...DARN IT!
Thanks for the can Pinapple tip!

I used canned crushed pineapple (it's what I had at home) and drained it really, really well and it worked out great!

I made this for our meeting last night and thought it was really good too! I also used canned pineapple tidbits due to the price.

We said the same thing - use canned pineapple tidbits to save time and use the can strainer. You can still show off the cutlery on the red pepper or onion.

I can't wait to try this. I plan on using either the canned tidbits or one of our local grocery stores sell fresh pineapple that has already been peeled and cored.

Pineapple is the featured fruit at my grocery store this week. Go back and check your stores ladies. You can ask the head grocer about stock and availability. When do they usually have them? When do they have them at a cheap price? How long do they usually have them?

That way you'll know and it won't be a guessing game each time you go to the store.

I made this pizza this weekend and it was a hit too. I used the pineapple tidbits (well-drained) like others have. I would make the pizza again.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to place the pizza crust on the pan. It says to place both packages of dough side by side and then cut off the excess. I only ended up using 1 1/2 packages of dough. Did anybody else have 1/2 package leftover? I'm not sure if I did it right. The crust was nice and thick! Ü

SummerG said:
I made this pizza this weekend and it was a hit too. I used the pineapple tidbits (well-drained) like others have. I would make the pizza again.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to place the pizza crust on the pan. It says to place both packages of dough side by side and then cut off the excess. I only ended up using 1 1/2 packages of dough. Did anybody else have 1/2 package leftover? I'm not sure if I did it right. The crust was nice and thick! Ü

I used our Pizza Roll dough Mix and it was very tasty. I used fresh pineapple, but I will recommend the canned to other consultants and to hosts.
Ann

The same thing happened to me. I had half of the 2nd roll left over!

I have made pizza in the bar pan plenty of times and only needed one crust to cover the pan. Is it not supposed to be flatten or something and is suppose to be made really thick for some reason? I have not tried this recipe.

...waiting to here what you guys say on the pizza crust...I have this lined up for a March 15 show for sure...

The folks from the test kitchen who did the New Consultant Recipes workshop at Leadership sais that you could use one crust if you wanted it thinner. They indicated 2 so that new consultants wouldn't have to worry about trying to roll it out to fit the pan, and then it's a little heartier (with a thicher crust). There WILL be some extra crust when you use 2 tubes.

One of the ladies at my cluster meeting made it last night and it was excellent! She used a dough ball from a local grocery store and a leftover pork chop that she had in her fridge and it was great...

Has anyone made these recipies at a show this month to demo the stoneware?

I am at work, and don't want to go home to get the recipe. Does any one have it handy to paste on here? I would love to try it out tonight.

It's in the SS SBRC, so it's on CC.(OMG! That sentence looks like something from the military - way too many acronyms.)

I haven't watched the new DVD yet, but I need to to see what they do with the crust. I thought two tubes was wasteful (and expensive) when I made it the first time. I am making this for my cluster meeting on Monday and plan on using just one crust.

Last edited:
I'm making it tonight for dinner - and I'm only using one crust. The Pillsbury crust tht I bought actually says "25% more crust" (or 33% - can't remember) and I've used it many times to make Tomato Basil Squares in the bar pan - and it's always enough.

I know I'm bringing up an old thread, but I searched for info about the Aloha Pizza because I'm making it at my open house today. I assume this is best served warm, right?? I had it at our big kick off meeting in February and it was good, but I can't remember if it was fresh out of the oven.

What do you all recommend? Just trying to figure out when to have it ready.:D Thanks for your help!

pamperedbecky said:
I know I'm bringing up an old thread, but I searched for info about the Aloha Pizza because I'm making it at my open house today. I assume this is best served warm, right?? I had it at our big kick off meeting in February and it was good, but I can't remember if it was fresh out of the oven.

What do you all recommend? Just trying to figure out when to have it ready.:D Thanks for your help!
Oh and any suggestions on how to prepare the chicken for it? I have chicken breasts to cook up, but wondered if anyone tried any of our seasonings on the chicken while they cook it. I think I'll use a little garlic oil. Maybe that new sweet and smokey rub???? What do you guys think?

That sounds good to me, because you use BBQ Sauce with the Pizza, so if you cooked the Chicken with something else, it will be too many flavors...

I used the precooked Tyson chicken. We like the southwest chicken the best. It has a great flavor. My husband was really skeptical about this pizza, but he loved it.

Something I did different, I actually baked the pineapple too. I put everything on and baked it. It was so tasty.

Fresh pineapple really makes a difference in making it really yummy. I got some for $2.88 each at Walmart. I didn't care for the crust, I'd make it homeade if I had enough foresight next time.

I attended two cluster meetings last week. The first one was a demo of start to finish, and we had the Aloha pizza warm. It was so much tastier warm! The double crust made is easier to lift from the bar pan, and not have a mess to eat by hand. I know the first pizza had pineapple chunks (probably the Tidbits that Dole carries). I think the second version was crushed pineapple. The first hostess used our new Canola with Garlic, and also used the Garlic press for a couple of cloves which she mixed up, and brushed on the raw dough with our Silicone brush. She used a generic brand of barbeque sauce. Her chicken was the Jerk seasoning, and was delicious. I don't recall the seasoning on the second version. Served WARM is certainly my preference.

Great! Thanks for all of your feedback everyone! I'm excited to make this today! I'm using two pizza dough tubes and the pineapple tidbits, but I will have to try it sometime this summer with fresh pineapple.:D

Another Dough OptionI always use Bridgeford Frozen Bread Dough. It comes three loaves to a pack for around $3.99 So it is more economical then buying the pizza crust in a can. Just set it out to defrost and your set. I have Always down this for my Tomato Basil Squares and Bar-B-Que chicken Pizza. They are always a Huge Hit and many bookings come from the ease of prep/low cost. I can't wait to try the Aloha Pizza Today:)

P.S. The Bridgeford is located in the Freezer section by the waffles (Yellow/Red pkg) HTH

I used 2 cans of Pizza Dough when I made this recipe last Friday for my open house. I literally laid the doughs on the stone side by side and pressed the center seam. I had very little dough leftover. It was SO good....even my kids and ALL the neighborhood kids liked it!!!
I will totally use it for demos this season!

chefann said:
It's in the SS SBRC, so it's on CC.

(OMG! That sentence looks like something from the military - way too many acronyms.)

You made me laugh Ann:D ...welcome to my life!
My DH is a Marine!

erinyourpclady said:
You made me laugh Ann:D ...welcome to my life!
My DH is a Marine!
Me TOO:D :D As a Veteran myself I often still use the accronyms.

Funny story when I was in Basic Training I would call home a tell my mom that I was doing great and that I passed another PT test with flying colors.

Well............
when I came home on leave Mom asked " Why do you have to take all those Pregnancy Tests I was like WHAT? and then it dawned on me that she was referring to our Weekly PT TEST. Had to laugh my hiny off on that one:D

I just made this for a brunch yesterday and everyone enjoyed it, even though I had to make it on the round stone (broke my large bar pan at a show this week) :( but 2 cans for 1 round is too much, I just pinched them together and made a thicker crust around the edges. Tastey pizza!

Yes, have made it a few times! Here's my opinions...

1. Two cans is good, but cut off the extra, 1 seems to few with the weight of all the toppings.

2. I prefer to bake chicken breasts the night before - no seasoning needed - just 375-400 for an hour. When refrigerated overnight they are very easy to cut into tiny pieces for the pizza the next day. With the recall on precooked chicken, it made my guests more at ease.

3. I liked it with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce over other brands I've tried with it.

4. Cut your green onions first in your demo or in your prep. They look very nice on the pizza after soaking in water and curling.

5. Large can of pineapple was fine - tasted fine - just be sure to drain it well or you can get a soggy crust.

6. If you forget to put the BBQ sauce on your pizza before it goes in the oven, it is fine to put it on after (I accidentally did this at my first cooking show - after brushing the crust with garlic and oil I forgot I needed the BBQ sauce before baking. No one knew any different!

7. I think the new garlic oil would taste good, but I love a chance to demo the garlic press!

Loved it!! This worked great for my open house today. Yummy!

For anyone near a Jewel store....the pizza crust is on sale for $1 a can this week as opposed to $3.15 regular price. My can also had a coupon for 50cents off 2, so I bought six. :)

Jewel is owned by Albertson's, so maybe they have it on sale too.

Last edited:
pic postedHello all,
I also have made this pizza and I used only one crust but it filled the pan well. it looked just like the pizza in the catalog. I only had pineapple chunks, and i chopped with the chopper and it worked great. imo 1 can of crust was enough. hope that helps.

At our regional meeting in February, we had a live demo and he prepared the BBQ Chicken pizza. He used two rolls of crust and had a some left over so he put in cheese sticks, rolled the dough over the cheese and had a cheese stuffed crust. I think he said he used a 12 pack. He used 10 and had 2 left over to snack on.

I don't know about the Aloha pizza, but I would imagine it would work for it also.

We made the pizza twice last week and LOVED the thin crust and the thick was good (we did the same thing stuffed the crust with cheese sticks YUM) but we crushed up all the stuff and cooked it all on and it was almost too sweet for me so next time I will leave at least the bell pepper off for topping afterwards but I liked the pineapple cooked on. LOL

PS I only crushed it all because I have toddlers and didn't want them to pick only certain things off.

I have a show at a bar next weekend... she doesn't have an oven and only a small micro. Do you guys think I could bake the crust ahead of time and add everything else just spread on top??

When I made this pizza for our "date night" I used my Rectangle Stone. (I don't have the Bar Pan.) It came out great! The only thing that I will do differently in demos is use pineapple chunks instead of "crushed" (only thing I had in the pantry). I think the chunks will make it a lot more flavorful. Great recipe.

Gillian- I am not sure if I would do that. It tastes a million times better being HOT. Not sure if I would go with that.

I've made it and it is MUCH better hot or warm. We enjoyed it a lot!;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
feather18
  • RCKmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies