• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Summer Berry Shortcakes/Great Demo

In summary, the author made the Summer Berry Shortcakes and they liked them. The crescents were a little under done, so next time she would make sure they look over done. She also needs to make sure she rolls them a little tighter. The taste was very good and a great demo.
JAE
I just made the Summer Berry Shortcakes. My two boys, my dh, and I really liked them. I didn't have a lemon so I used a clementine. The crescents were a little under done, so next time I'd make sure they look over done because they looked golden brown after baking for the maximum time on the recipe. I also need to make sure I roll them a little tighter. Tastes very good and a great demo.
I used:
*Large Bar Pan
Citrus Press
*Microplane Grater
*Prep Bowls
*Easy Read Meas. Cup
Large Grooved Cutting Board
*Utility Knife
*Silicone Pastry Brush
*8" saute
*Measuring spoon
*Food chopper
*Mix n' Scraper
Egg Slicer (strawberries)
Colander (for washing berries)
Large Serving Spatula
Hot pad trivet
Hot pad, etc...
Around $350 worth of product, much of which a new consultant has*.
I'll be making this at my spring and summer shows, for sure.

do you think the pillsbury shortcake biscuits could be used instead?

I have never purchased those. Actually, I've never heard of them.

they may be seasonal, but I do know they came out last year around maybe summer time? they are like the originals but sweeter I think. I made some strawberry shortcake sandwhiches (recipe on the package) actually last summer after I saw a commercial for them! Everyone loved them!

Last edited:
I really want to try this recipe along with the strawberry shortcake trifle (I'm not good with recipe names). But I've had to limit what I've made lately so if you want to try again and mail me some, I'd be glad to taste test it for you.

Do you think I could use a mixture of berries in place of only blueberries?
I was thinking of black and red raspberries along with blueberries.

I made this once & I would like to add more fruit. I think as July comes near if I add bananas it would look more red,white & blue...;) Also I want to try the sauce using strawberries.

Last edited:
thanks for the tips! I have some spring shows that I'm going to suggest the hostess thing about this recipe. Do you think it would work well in an interactive show?

I am finally making this tomorrow! I'll see how it goes. Depending on the price of the strawberries and blueberries, this is a pretty cheap recipe. Alot of the stuff you already have on hand.

I made this recipe at my last cooking show and it was a success :p Everyone loved seeing how easy it came together and then how beautiful you could plate it. I used frozen fruits because the fresh was to pricey.

Aloha,
I made this yesterday at my show and used a frozen medley of red, black, and blueberries. I even screwed up the recipe and it went over great. I forgot to press the dough into the chopped nuts before I baked it so I just spooned some into the well. They loved it.

I LOVE :love: this recipe and have used it at several shows. It is very popular and is going to be a great summer recipe too. It is so easy to make the pastry (I even forgot the sugar in the pastry once - just added it to the chopped nuts).

The SB gives a no bake variation using a pound cake and a microwave version of the blueberry sauce so even in the hottest day this will be perfect! I think I would still do the original pastry though - just make it ahead of time.

More tips:

I sprinkled some of our caramel sprinkles on top - very pretty and yummy!

If you make the pastry ahead or if you have leftovers, put one in the microwave for about 15 seconds before adding the fruits. It softens the crust and is so good!!

1. How do I make the perfect shortcake for my summer berry dessert?

To make the perfect shortcake for your summer berry dessert, start by combining flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut in cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly mix in milk until a dough forms. Roll out the dough and cut into circles. Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.

2. What type of berries should I use for my summer berry shortcakes?

You can use a variety of berries for your summer berry shortcakes such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. You can also mix and match different types of berries for a colorful and delicious dessert.

3. Can I make the shortcakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the shortcakes ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Just make sure to reheat them in the oven for a few minutes before serving to ensure they are warm and crispy.

4. Can I substitute the flour for a gluten-free option?

Yes, you can substitute the flour for a gluten-free option such as almond flour or a gluten-free baking mix. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for the best results.

5. What is the best way to assemble the summer berry shortcakes for a great demo?

The best way to assemble the summer berry shortcakes for a great demo is to first slice the shortcake in half and place it on a plate. Then, add a layer of whipped cream or whipped topping followed by a layer of mixed berries. Place the other half of the shortcake on top and add another layer of whipped cream and berries on top for a beautiful and delicious presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
merego
  • RossDeb2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies