• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Price Increases in New S/S Catalog

In summary, prices for various items in the Spring/Summer 2007 catalog have changed. The Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls have increased in price by $5, and many people are concerned about the impact on sales. However, many other products have remained the same in price, including the Rectangle Stone which has only increased by $0.25 in the past 10 years. There is speculation about whether or not shipping costs will also increase, but nothing has been confirmed yet. Some consultants are using the price changes to their advantage by promoting the mixing bowls as a great host special. Others believe that the price increase may actually help with bookings.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey! I looked through the whole catalog and wrote the difference in prices so I thought I would share. I did it in a excel file and it says its invalid. So I copied and pasted it. Sorry!

PRICE CHANGES SPRING/SUMMER 2007

Current Price Item Description New Price-March 2007
15.5 B-B-Q Skewers Set 17
3.25 Corn Cob Nobs 3.5
2.75 Corn Butterer 3
15 Tool Turn About 17
17.5 Lift and Serve 19.5
19 Rice Cooker Plus 20
8.5 Large Micro Cooker 9
6 Small Micro Cooker 6.5
19.75 Chef's Tongs 20
20 Meat Tenderizer 22
9.75 Hot Pad/Trivet 10.5
69.5 Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls 74.5
7 Adjustable Measuring Spoons 7.25
9.25 Small Scoop 10.5
9.75 Medium Scoop 11
10.5 Large Scoop 12.5
12.5 Ice Cream Dipper 13
15.5 Garlic Press 15.75
15.5 Citrus Press 16.5
19.5 Prep Bowl Set 20
28.5 4 piece Colander Bowl Set 29.75
6 Lid Set 6.5
8.75 Cut n Seal 9
15 Kitchen Shears 15.5
9.75 Crinkle Cutter 10
8.5 Pizza Cutter 8.75
10.25 Egg Slicer Plus 10.5
13 A/P/C/S Stand 13.5
35 Classics Rectangular Baker 36
43 New Traditions Rect. Baker 44
32.5 Square Baker 33.5
21 Mini-Baker 21.75
35 Deep Dish Baker 36
17.5 Small Oval Baker 18.25
33 Oval Baker 34
29.75 Deep Dish Pie Plate 30.75
6 Pie Crust Shield 6.75
13 Baker's Mat 15
6.25 Parchment Paper 7.25
5.5 Flour/Sugar Shaker 5.75

Thanks so much for doing the hard work for us!

I just feel bad that it looks like crap!!:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for sharing... I can't believe that the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls went up $5.00. yikes..:eek:

letscook04 said:
Thanks so much for sharing... I can't believe that the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls went up $5.00. yikes..:eek:

Yeah I am upset about that too. People love those...but always say, I wish I could get one at a time. Ouch! 69-74...YIKES!!!!:(

letscook04 said:

Me either! I already have guests complain that they are too much. I think I've only ever sold 2 sets since they've been out! :rolleyes: Now it might be even harder!

Wow..did ANYTHING go lower or stay the same??? LOL

Jilleysue said:
Wow..did ANYTHING go lower or stay the same??? LOL

ALOT stayed the same! In fact, I have a catalog from 1996 and it shows the rectangle stone as $25.25 so in 10 years, it has only gone up $.25!!!:eek:

Thanks for giving us a raise Pampered Chef!!

dannyzmom said:

LOL...Always thinking!!! :D ;)

dannyzmom said:

This puts everything in perspective! Thank you!

We can probably also thank them for not raising shipping.

chefjeanine said:

I agree with that!:D

Just those mixing bowls going up...OUCHIE....hope those go on host special. Many like those!!!

Thank you SOOOO much for taking the time and figuring all of this, then typing it up and posting it for all of us! Your hard work is appreciated! :)

chefjeanine said:
Has anyone noticed though that they haven't published the outside order form for March/April yet? We had a meeting yesterday with our cluster & that question was asked. My director said that at Leadership they avoided that question like the plague & wouldn't give a direct answer. I'm crossing my fingers & everything else that they aren't raising shipping, especially with a change in providers!

Jilleysue said:
Just those mixing bowls going up...OUCHIE....hope those go on host special. Many like those!!!

Isnt it March or April, that the BIG one is a host special.....:confused:

Ginger428 said:
Isnt it March or April, that the BIG one is a host special.....:confused:

No...that was last year, I think I saw they were putting it in the catalog May 1st..

I agree with the mixing bowls !!! So many people like them and then see the price and are like no way my husband would kill me if i spent $65.00 on 3 bowls !!! I gotta admit i do love mine though !!!!

My host from Saturday is getting them with the 1/2 price combo. I have sold several sets... it's funny how guests and what they value varies isn't it? It's just what they do and how they do it in the kitchen that makes the difference I think.

the big one is $50, so it makes sense that they raise the price a little on the set. Is it still a half price combo for the bowls and whisks??

I am horrible with knowing prices, so I am going to make some flashcards like a dork with the new prices and products. I have just been waiting for the new list... thanks Kristi!!

Hosting IncentiveYou have to remember that most of the products that we have that are over say, $50 are the ones we need to use to get bookings. So a raise in the cost of the bowls, may make it easier to those people who really like them to book a show. I use the high cost stuff all the time for that. My show yesterday loves the cookware but really wanted the Santoku but not at $70. She finally relented and had a show. Most of my shows end up like that. It usually has NOT been because of the great 60% off deal they can get but rather something costly, like the Santoku or the Bowls or the UM, that triggers them to have shows. You gotta play to that desire.
Even if all they do is a $300 show, they get their one product at half price and you get at least $60. So it's a win, win situation.
Sometimes it is best to put the most desirable things out of reach for our sake. It creates a need to have a party!

I sell at least one set of the SSB at every show! It is also I great booking product. I always have my bowls stacked in my display (unless I am using one for my recipe) but I still stack the other 2. I always hear other consultants use the food chopper for their booking line but I try and use more expensive items. And the SSB seems to work! Good luck! Kristi

I agree that most of my peopple book to get a "higher price" item at half-off instead of the host specials. I have a lot that does not even purchase the host special. I usually call a good customer that I know wants that item and offer it to her, after the host gives the ok. I know I loose commission on the sale that way, but I earn the loyalty of my customers.

Is anyone planning on using this list to help boost February sales? I always pass out a retiring list to help boost those but might give this out as well.

I was going to attach a cleaned up version but we don't support Excel attachments anymore???

Last year I used the price increase form and the discontinued product form and it seemed to be too much paperwork for everyone. We should combine it into one so people aren't overwhelmed.

I can usually squeeze out a catty show with the discontinued products, but this year there are so many redesigned products that I don't know how much I can get!

chefjeanine said:

AMEN to that one!! That was my fear... hight S & H.

Braggers...

Thanks for the hard work and than sharing it with all of us. I couldn't believe the mixing bowls either. I just hate to see prices go up but than then everything goes up in price sometime, look at the price of gasoling. I am just glad that S&H didn't go up. I always get a complaint about that.

Didn't I see somewhere that the BIG MAMA bowl is part of the Mid-Season products? HMMM>>>> We earned that in July. Does that mean that we earn a 2nd as part of those products?

I am hoping that the price changes will cover the cost of increased shipping. I am praying that we are NOT going to a 10 or 100% flat fee.

Does anyone know the rates of shipping fed ex yet?

Thanks for the price increase information. I will cut and paste that information so I can send out an e-mail on that to my customers to try to boost my February sales!

Chefgirl2 said:
I am hoping that the price changes will cover the cost of increased shipping. I am praying that we are NOT going to a 10 or 100% flat fee.

Does anyone know the rates of shipping fed ex yet?

According to what my director told us tonight the FED EX rates should not raise our shipping rates as it was part of their agreement. She also didn't think that our rates will change with the $4 charge. Time will tell.

I surely hope that it doesn't as this is a bargain in today's home show parties!

At Leadership I checked the order form in the New Consultant Kit room and the shipping was still $4. However the Direct Shipping costs changed. After so much (I think it was $150) there will be a flat 15% shipping rate. It was between 11 and 15% flat shipping. The $4 will remain for now. It may change in the fall.

Tara1021 said:
Didn't I see somewhere that the BIG MAMA bowl is part of the Mid-Season products? HMMM>>>> We earned that in July. Does that mean that we earn a 2nd as part of those products?

No, Tara. The Big Mama bowl wasn't included in the Sale-A-Thon neither was the large Stock pot.

Chef Kearns said:
No, Tara. The Big Mama bowl wasn't included in the Sale-A-Thon neither was the large Stock pot.

Mid season products are usually earned during another promotion.

I am sure that we will have an incentive to earn the mid-season products because we always do!!

Thank you for putting this list together. This season is going to be rough on keeping prices straight. They redesigned so many and changed the prices that it does seem like there isn't much that stayed the same.

I think a cheat sheet is the way to go!

thank you for putting it together!!!

I fixed the formatting and attached it as a Word Document

Thanks again :)

Attachments

• PriceChanges.doc
    55 KB · Views: 302
Looks Great!!! Thanks!!!

jenniferknapp said:
I fixed the formatting and attached it as a Word Document

Thanks again :)

Thanks so much--it is easier to read this way!

The list is in this week's Weekly Bites.

I am going to put item numbers on the list to make it easier for me so when I send my e-mail out to my customers to get them while they can at this price they can have the item number. I will post it later when I get it done. It will most likely be on the flyer Jennifer did as I can easily add a column to that.

Updated Price Increase FlyerOK. I worked on Jennifer's flyer and put in the item numbers. I took out the Tool Turn About, Kitchen Shears and Parchment Paper as these are restyled products. I went by the Weekly Bites that we got today. On the stoneware some of the New Traditions is both French Vanilla and Cranberry and some only Cranberry. Why I don't know but that was how it was listed on the Weekly Bites.

I hope you like the updated flyer.

Attachments

• PriceChanges[1].doc
    56.5 KB · Views: 238
jenniferknapp said:
Great idea! Thanks :)

Thanks, Jennifer! I just e-mailed it to my January and February hosts. Tomorrow I will send it out to all of my customers.

I think the stoneware inconsistencies on the list from HO are just that. Because if you look in the new catalog, the French Vanilla and Cranberry pieces are the same price.I double checked, because of how HO listed them. ;)

Thanks, Ann. I don't have the new catalog yet but I did think it was strange to increase the price on one color and not the other. I will revise the flyer to reflect both numbers.

Oops- I forgot that I only have a spring catalog from Leadership. It's pretty. You'll like it.
;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvbeingachef
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Sarah Ann
  • BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items