1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Tips for Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza?

1. Ann F

Ann F Advanced Member Gold Member

I'm doing a show Tuesday night (hurray!! 1st kitchen show since Sept!!!) My host wants me to do the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza. I found the recipe and discovered it calls for our Pizza crust mix, which I don't have, and Lemon Pepper Seasoning, which we don't sell anymore.

Any suggestions for substitutions?

Thanks!

Oct 30, 2005
  2. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

Ingredient subs

I'd suggest getting one of the lemon pepper mixes from the grocery store. I know it won't be as good :rolleyes: but it'll probably do in a pinch! As for the crust, you could use the Pillsbury already made pizza dough. Most of the PC recipes are very forgiving and lots of different things could be substituted. Good luck!

Oct 30, 2005
  3. ChefLoriG

ChefLoriG Advanced Member Gold Member

I made this recently.... I just used the Pillsbury Pizza crust in the tube, or you can also use the dry mix from the baking aisle. I didn't put in the lemon pepper seasoning, and we didn't even miss it. I also didn't put in the olives, not a big fan of them. Seems like all the PC recipes still taste great even when you adapt them to your personal tastes.

Oct 31, 2005
  4. chefmary

chefmary Member Gold Member

I've made this recipe many times and you can really use any type of pizza dough, including the type found in plastic bags in your grocery refrigerator aisle. I also began substituting Italian Seasoning for the Lemon Pepper. I like it better anyway, since it enhances the garlic flavor!

HTH!

Mary

Oct 31, 2005
  5. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Which book is this one from please? :)

Oct 31, 2005
  6. chefmary

chefmary Member Gold Member

This was originally in a Season's Best Cookbook (2002??) but can now be found in It's Good For You, page 46.

Mary

Oct 31, 2005
  7. ChefLauraW

ChefLauraW Member

Can someone post this recipe, please? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

Nov 26, 2005
  8. Laurenncraigory

Laurenncraigory Member

you could also do a cresent roll crust, just use one can of pilsbury cresent rolls and roll it out on the stone and bake it before putting the toppongs on

9. chef_leeanne

chef_leeanne Member Silver Member

Here you go ChefLauraW. :D

Lee Anne

Attached Files:

Nov 26, 2005
  10. Chicken Salad Pizza

This is the first time I've posted anything, but I've been reading your comments for a long time. I'm in SS2 and just got back from doing a show. I've done the pizza using Ranch dressing and regular iceberg lettuce instead of the Ceasar dressing and romaine lettuce. I like it better that way.

Nov 26, 2005
  11. A few more tips...

My husband and I have this once every week. We absolutely love this recipe. When I first made it, I did it exactly word for word. It turned out ok but I wasn't too thrilled with the results. First, I didn't like using the hot pizza crust with all of that lettuce. The lettuce just wilted and nothing is worse than hot wilted lettuce (that's why they tell you to serve it immediately). I always let the crust cool down now. The second thing is that I mix all of the salad dressing in the lettuce, chicken and pepper mixture and leave out the dressing that is spread on the pizza crust. I also used the canned chunk white chicken if I'm rushed for dinner. That way I won't have to cook a chicken breast. Hoped these helped a little. :)

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted