• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake in Microwave?

In summary, Sarah is excited for her Cooking Show and is working on a recipe for a PUC that she can make in the microwave. She is also working on a recipe for a PB&J Cake.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
Hello all you wonderful Cheffers!

I'm so excited, I have an actual Cooking Show in two weeks (it's amazing how popular catalog shows are - I have 3 this month!!). My host has never even heard of The Pampered Chef before, so that makes it even more fun! She was already planning a cookout for 6/28, so decided to change the date for the show from 7/24 to 6/28 (helps my SAT). While the guys are outside grilling, the ladies will be inside making BLT Dip and Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

Problem is, I thought I saw a recipe here for a PUC which could be made in the microwave in the Fluted Stone, but now can't find it. Can anyone help me? I can always come up with something (yellow cake mix, pineapple chunks, maraschino cherries on the bottom before pouring in the batter), but want to see if there's anything tried and true out there.

TIA-

Sarah

The PUC sounds delish in the Fluted stone. I wonder if it would take 12 minutes like most other fluted, microwaved cakes???

Well, if no one can provide a recipe, I'll experiment and let you know how it goes!

•Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1 stick butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 medium-size can crushed pineapple

Combine these ingredients in the 8" or 10' sauté skillet until butter is melted and brown sugar dissolved. In 2 qt. Batter bowl, mix a Duncan Hines Pineapple Cake mix with 3 eggs and 16 oz sour cream. Pour tepid mixture from skillet into fluted pan and spoon cake mixture on top. Microwave for 13 minutes. Let rest 10-15 min. Un-mold and serve with whipped topping in desired

Chef Kearns said:
•Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1 stick butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 medium-size can crushed pineapple

Combine these ingredients in the 8" or 10' sauté skillet until butter is melted and brown sugar dissolved. In 2 qt. Batter bowl, mix a Duncan Hines Pineapple Cake mix with 3 eggs and 16 oz sour cream. Pour tepid mixture from skillet into fluted pan and spoon cake mixture on top. Microwave for 13 minutes. Let rest 10-15 min. Un-mold and serve with whipped topping in desired

Chef Kearns, thanks!! That sounds so much better than anything I would have come up with. Don't know about the whipped topping (though, it would be a good way to demo the EAD). I'll add the maraschino cherries, though!

Wanted to thank you guys again for the recipes. I made the (un-pina colada) upside down cake on Sunday night, so my hubby would have something for breakfast this week. I forgot to buy sour cream, but it turned out really delicious and moist, anyway. I did by coconut milk, so I'll try the pina colada version next (have to buy the rum extract, still).

I should be seeing my host today, so I'll ask her which version she wants.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the microwave?

To make Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the microwave, you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, butter, vanilla extract, canned pineapple slices, and maraschino cherries.

2. Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned pineapple?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned pineapple slices. Just make sure to cut the pineapple into thin slices and drain any excess juice before using it in the recipe.

3. How long does it take to cook Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the microwave?

Cooking time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. On average, it takes about 10-12 minutes to cook Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the microwave. It's best to keep an eye on the cake and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Do I need to grease the pan before cooking the cake in the microwave?

Yes, it's important to grease the pan before adding the cake batter to prevent it from sticking. You can use cooking spray or butter to grease the pan.

5. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix that you prefer. However, make sure to follow the instructions on the cake mix box for cooking time and other ingredients needed. You may also need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • ajnewchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ajnewchef
  • raebates