• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Outside Order Forms Verses Actual Order Forms

D
danabasket
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone only use the outside order forms at Kitchen Shows? I used the regular forms but then printed out their receipts from Pampered Partner. I was just curious as too what other consultants were doing.

Is it okay to just use the outside order forms?

Thank you,
Dana Dunphy:confused:

I love using the outside order forms at shows BUT legally you are supposed to give them a form that has the information on the back. You could print the back of the oof with the information stuff that's on the back of the regular order form. From the legal view, the customer has 72 hours to change there mind about there order and it says this on the back of the form.

HTH

I use the outside order form at all of my shows and love it. I like that it has the guest special at the top and in the order section. It really reminds them that they can get something free and I think it increases my sales.

I did not know that we are supposed to give them something with the legelese on the back of the form at the show. I usually just send the host all of the receipts when she closes her show.

I use the OOF which does have all the pertinant legal information on the back. I take my laptop to shows and get all the info off the OOF before giving it back to the customer as a receipt.

From the bottom of the outside order form:

"THIS FORM MAY NOT BE USED AS AN ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT. This form is not to be sent to
the Home Office as an order form. For reproduction and use by Pampered Chef® Consultants only."

You have to use the write in, itemized, or PP sales receipt for it to be valid.

I dont' see why you couldn't use it as your shows, but then you would have to print out valid receipts for each order on your pc.

I use it as well, and I think it's great. It's just a nice reminder for what they can get for free while they're looking through the catty.

The disclaimer at the bottom is for them sending returns, not because you can't use it at shows. I don't print the back of the form. I just print the front and tell them I will be closing the show on (date)...which is usually a week away...and if they need to make changes before then to let me know.

I've been using the 3 part for shows and the OOF for outside orders or catty shows. For ppl placing outside or catty orders I do print the PP reciepts for the host, but with the show orders I give them their copy on the spot, then send the host copy w/the tyou and outside PP ones in case they lost it. B/c believe me, some have!

I use the OOF's with no info on the back (bad, I know!) because I sell a lot more guest specials that way! I give the host all the reciepts for returns, but the guests just call me anyway.

I use the write but have thought about switching back to the OOF, the thing I don't like about the OOFs is that they don't have a copy to take with them.

Most people just throw away there receipts anyway.

That is my question if you use the OOF at shows do you keep them or give them to the quest and write their orders down somewhere else?

After I enter the information from the OOF I print PP receipts to give to the host to put in with the products. I do use the 3-part forms some, but when I run out after my first order, I don't buy anymore and just use the OOF. Either way, I always print a PP receipt for them. It is neater and easier to read. You can't always read what is written on the 3-part forms because it doesn't go thru the pages very good.

I keep the OOF's so they don't get anything at the show, but they have my business card to call if they have a problem. They get an actual PP real reciept when the products come in.

I use the 3-sheet Write-ins

I really liked using the OOF at my shows. I'd input it into the laptop right there, give them back the form so they know what they ordered, then send printed receipts on the legal receipt paper to the host when the show is submitted. However, I had some computer problems the last day or two of the month and got scared back into the triplicate forms. If you lose the data, you have no idea what everyone ordered whereas with the Triplicate, I have a copy, the host has a copy, and the customer has a copy. However, I still need to mail the printed receipts for the outside orders she collects.

Everyone's sort of missing the point if you don't get them something with the legal part on the back. I could see if you were printing the "legal" part on the back of the receipt but otherwise they don't know that they have 72 hours to cancel there order. By law, you have to let them know this.

tiffanypc05 said:
Everyone's sort of missing the point if you don't get them something with the legal part on the back. I could see if you were printing the "legal" part on the back of the receipt but otherwise they don't know that they have 72 hours to cancel there order. By law, you have to let them know this.

Does anyone know if this is 72 hours from the party or from when the order was submitted?

If you're using OOF's you could always just verbally tell them they have 3 days to add or cancel their order. Same thing with taking orders over the phone - you wouldnt tell them "oh sorry, we'll have to meet so I can show you the back of this reciept before I take your order". ;)I use the OOF's and my laptop at shows, but I'm going to be switching to Write in 3 parts from now on, and have them write my name/phone number and the special themselves during part of my intro. I'll use the OOF's for outdide orders and catalog shows.
I'm soooo tired of printing 5 million reciepts after every show. LOL
I wish there was a way we could email a receipt from PP directly. Wouldn't that be awesome??

I print my own forms with monthly specials (usually found on CS) and then at the show, I keep the OOF. I give them my business card and a temporary receipt that says if they call me within 24 hours and book a show they get a bonus at their show (and tells them they can call me if they forget something).I've actually had several people call me after the show and book a party. I then print off receipts and mail them (which is a pain) or drop them off if I'm near by.

Malinda Klein said:
I print my own forms with monthly specials (usually found on CS) and then at the show, I keep the OOF. I give them my business card and a temporary receipt that says if they call me within 24 hours and book a show they get a bonus at their show (and tells them they can call me if they forget something).

I've actually had several people call me after the show and book a party.

I then print off receipts and mail them (which is a pain) or drop them off if I'm near by.

Can you post what your temporary receipt looks like with the wording

Thanks for sharing

:chef:

whiteyteresa said:
Can you post what your temporary receipt looks like with the wording

Thanks for sharing

Yeah! I would like to see it too.

Thanks,

Oh, has anyone ever emailed the host/customer the receipts? and scanned the back so that they could print their own? Just a thought.

I think I'd check with HO first before trying to email the receipt/guarantee info (back) to a customer- JUST in case that didn't count as a valid receipt.

Ok...so some of you don't give them anything at the show. You use OOF and keep it yourself. Then print off reciepts (on the sales receipt paper) and either mail them to the customers, drop them off if they're local, or send them all to the host when they close the show.

But from what I can tell, LEGALLY we HAVE to give them a PAPER COPY of our return policies. And that the only valid, legally binding ways to this are with either the triplicate, letting them keep the OOF (if you've printed both sides), or by printing and giving them a sales receipt from P3 on the spot. Is that correct?

But then what about OOFs that have been collected by the host prior to or after the show? Those people don't keep the OOF (because you need the order info), there's no triplicate form to give, and you can't print them out a receipt on the spot for them. What does HO policy tell us to do for those?

When I get the OOFs from outside orders, I write out the regular write-in receipt and give them the yellow copy with their order. I toss the pink one. I keep the white one for my Master file. I have a copy of every order that has been placed with me since November 2007, even those that I have bought items for my Kit, etc.

I give a homemade receipt at the show and tell each and everyone that the receipt they receive in there bag is the one they need to keep/put under there silverware drawer in the kitchen - this way if they need to to return the product for any reason - they will know where the receipt is for HO

Just so you know, this thread was actually started in 2006 (almost all of page 1 of posts), so there are a lot of other threads since then w/ more (and some newer) ideas regarding this topic. Not that this thread isn't useful, just thought I'd point that out. :D

Just a note about using OOF at shows - I used to do this (started because the old order forms w/ every single product on them were just too hard for people to read and use), and then I found out that, by law, when someone makes a purchase, they are supposed to get a receipt with return and exchange info. So, in order to make sure that I am completely above board, I returned to using the 3-ply order forms from PC. It has actually been easier that way for me, and 2-3 less things I have to do for each show. (printing order forms for the show, and then again after the show, and mailing them out) I've found that my hosts REALLY like getting a copy of the receipts, too.

Becky - OOF vs 3ply ones has been my 'self question of the week'. I finished June and have 2 weeks before my next shows so I'm regrouping and need to place my first supplies order as I'm low on everything. In your opinion, do you feel that the 3ply ones are as cost effective as having copies made of OOF (or printing yourself) and then printing P3 receipts? I do enjoy the ease of the 3ply ones however I find that the Guest special on the OOF is very helpful to both guest (and myself when entering them on P3) but leaving the order forms with my host and not worrying about getting them out in the mail is nice as well (and the customer has their copy as well from the day of the show).

I'm torn on cost vs impact on sales vs practicality/ease on myself and less to do.

Can I ask your insight? (anyone can chime in and it'd be much appreciated as well!)

TIA!

1. What are the outside order forms and how do they differ from actual order forms?

The outside order forms are forms that customers can fill out at a Kitchen Show or other events to place an order for Pampered Chef products. They differ from actual order forms in that they are not the official forms used by the company and do not have the same format or customization options.

2. Can I use only the outside order forms at Kitchen Shows?

Yes, you can use only the outside order forms, but it is recommended to also have the official order forms available for customers who prefer to use them. The outside order forms may not have all the same features and information as the official forms.

3. Should I print out receipts from Pampered Partner instead of using the regular order forms?

This is a personal preference and may depend on the customer's preference as well. Some consultants find it easier to use the regular order forms and then enter the orders into Pampered Partner later, while others prefer to use the receipts from Pampered Partner for a more streamlined process.

4. Is it okay to only use the outside order forms?

While you can use only the outside order forms, it is recommended to have both the outside order forms and the official order forms available for customers to use. This ensures that all customers are able to place their orders in their preferred format.

5. What are other consultants doing in terms of using outside order forms vs. official order forms?

It varies among consultants, but many choose to have both options available for their customers. Some may primarily use the outside order forms at events, while others may only use the official order forms. It is ultimately up to the consultant and what works best for their business and customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sprout18
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • chellb1234
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • heatherstobbs