• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Portable Scanner - Does Anyone Use One?

In summary, a Fujitsu SnapScan S1100 Portable Scanner may be a good investment to take to shows with you in order to keep a copy of the order.
mmilus
Gold Member
I print Outside Order forms from CC to use at my shows and have had some clients ask if they can take their order home so they remember what they ordered until it arrives. I am considering purchasing a Fujitsu SnapScan S1100 Portable Scanner to take to shows with me so that I can keep a copy of their order but they can keep the original. Has anyone ever done this? I do take a laptop with me and key orders directly in but like to keep a hard copy in case any problems arise.

I've looked at several of this type of scanner and this one has the best reviews. I'm just curious if anyone else has done this. Thanks!

Seems like a great idea to me! How much do they run?

This one runs about $200 but has excellent reviews. There are a few available for around $100-$150 but their reviews are not as good. I'm headed to OfficeMax shortly and will report back. I don't know if they have it in stock but and going to check.

Why not just get the 2-ply order forms?

I have the Scan Snap s1300i and LOVE it! But, I don't think I'd bring it to a show. I'd just plug their order into P3 and e-mail them their receipt if they want a copy. Or just use the 2 ply forms. While the Scan Snap is small and portable, it is a little bulky for a paperwork bag, plus you might want the charge cord with you. It's just one more awkward thing to pack and you wouldn't want to risk it getting damaged around food/drinks. And the paper needs to be clean as it goes through the machine, so if there are crumbs or oils on their papers, it wouldn't be a good idea to scan them. Hope that helps! :)

One more thing to haul around? Nope. Just use 2-ply forms - they really don't take up that much more room than a stack of single sheets.

chefa said:
One more thing to haul around? Nope. Just use 2-ply forms - they really don't take up that much more room than a stack of single sheets.
The paper is thinner so they take up no more room and with the cost of ink they aren't any more - probably less $ - than printing the OOF and the guests get the receipt without you buying any scanner. I bought a small lightweight printer to take to shows several years ago. As has been stated it was a pain to take that extra thing with me. I only took it to a couple of shows. I wouldn't bother with that investment.

I think the 2-ply order forms are cheaper & probably more lightweight & easier than carrying around a scanner. ;)

1. How does a portable scanner work?

A portable scanner works by using a combination of sensors and light sources to capture an image of a document or photo. The image is then converted into a digital file that can be saved or transferred to a computer or other device.

2. What are the benefits of using a portable scanner?

Portable scanners offer convenience and flexibility, as they are compact and can be easily carried around. They also eliminate the need for bulky and expensive traditional scanners, and allow for quick and easy scanning on the go.

3. Are portable scanners as effective as traditional scanners?

This depends on the specific model and brand of the portable scanner. Some portable scanners may have lower resolution and scanning speed compared to traditional scanners. However, many newer models offer high-quality scanning capabilities and can produce similar results to traditional scanners.

4. What types of documents can be scanned with a portable scanner?

Portable scanners can typically scan a variety of documents, including photos, receipts, business cards, and standard sized documents. Some models may also have the ability to scan larger documents or objects, such as books or posters.

5. Is it easy to use a portable scanner?

Most portable scanners are designed to be user-friendly and require minimal setup. They often come with instructions and may also have helpful features, such as automatic document feeding, to make the scanning process easier. However, the ease of use may vary depending on the specific model and brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • wadesgirl