• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing Your Email: Advice on What Works & What Needs Help

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a web-based email service that can be accessed from any computer. The speaker currently uses Outlook and imports contacts from Pampered Partner, but wants to switch to something more versatile. Some options discussed are Gmail, Yahoo, and Constant Contact. Some users have experienced issues with Gmail, while others prefer Yahoo. Some use Outlook through their local carrier, and others have their own domain and use Entourage or Mail. The need for a web-based email service is also mentioned, as well as the desire to separate personal and business emails.
beepampered
I am ready to change from using Outlook for my e-mail to something that is web-based. I'm looking for advice on what are good options.

Presently, I export my contacts from Pampered Partner and import them into my Outlook. From there, I send my e-mail newsletter. I would like something that I can do from any computer anywhere - even on vacation. I love my personal yahoo account but don't want to have two yahoo accounts and need to separate personal from business. I also don't know how difficult it would be to import/export addresses.

How do you manage your email addresses? What works and what needs help? Thanks in advance for helping me get more organized.....

I use gmail and love it. However, I send my newsletter through constantcontact.com

I used to use gmail but just switched to yahoo. To me people remember yahoo better and with gmail I was having trouble getting all of my contacts to show up when sending a group email.

I pay for Yahoo so I can use it with Outlook. That way I CAN still access it via the web if I don't have my laptop. I used to use gmail but began having HUGE problems with it and google's tech folks wouldn't help me.

I was using yahoo exclusively but ran into issues. I had gotten 'locked out' of my account twice. It was very frustrating not knowing if I was ever going to be able to get back in, get my contact info and important e mails I had. After the second time, I got a road runner e mail. I send everthing from that using outlook. I still have my yahoo as many customers have that e mail address for me. But I only read from that and send from the road runner. I haven't had issues since.

I use outlook through my local carrier!!

DH and I have our own domain (the part after the @ in your email address). We pay a hosting service for web space and mail server. We both have Macs, so we use Entourage (a Microsoft product) and Mail (an Apple product).

I use a roadrunner account now but don't like not being able to access it through the web. Also, I know I'll want to change to something cheaper than cable one day so thought I'd go ahead and get something that I'm not committed to one company as a provider.

I like my personal yahoo account but don't want business and personal emails the same. Thanks for the input....

1. How do I keep my inbox organized?

One way to keep your inbox organized is to create folders and filters to automatically sort incoming emails. You can also set aside specific times each day to go through and respond to emails, rather than constantly checking throughout the day.

2. What are some tips for managing a large volume of emails?

Some tips for managing a large volume of emails include setting up email rules to automatically filter and organize incoming emails, using the search function to quickly find specific emails, and unsubscribing from unnecessary email lists.

3. How often should I clean out my inbox?

It's recommended to clean out your inbox at least once a week to keep it from becoming overwhelming. However, if you receive a high volume of emails, you may need to clean it out more frequently.

4. Is it better to keep all emails or delete them?

This depends on personal preference and the type of emails you receive. Some people prefer to keep all emails for reference, while others prefer to delete them once they have been addressed. It's important to periodically go through and delete unnecessary emails to prevent your inbox from becoming cluttered.

5. How can I prevent important emails from getting lost in my inbox?

You can prevent important emails from getting lost by creating a separate folder for important emails or by flagging them for follow-up. You can also use the search function to quickly find specific emails when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MyPony
  • wadesgirl