• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help W/Merging Emails Into Outlook

V
vwpamperedchef
OK I do think I know a lot about computer, however, I am not an expert and I am asking for your help. If possible---please list steps. That would be easiest for me! TIA:angel:

Basically I opened Outlook, tried to merge my contacts with my WORK [email protected] email. I merged the email, but not the contacts. (Don't know what I was doing wrong, but it didnt work). I got frustrated.

So at this point, I need one of two things. Help to finishing merging PP3 and website contacts, OR canceling Outlook and just using my Comcast email again.

Since I did the merge of the email from Comcast to Outlook, when I check email on Comcast, it say "Account Unavailable". Which means I have to log in seperately to view that folder ---whereas before I could sign on to the main email address and view all my email mailboxes.

Does that make sense?? HELP!

Hey Vanessa...

Can you save your Comcast contacts as a .csv (Excel) file first? Then you should be able to open it up in Outlook. I don't have Comcast so I'm not sure how it works, but that would be my suggestion.

I don't really care about my comcast address book, I Just mainly want to merge PP3 and the PC website.

But yes, it did save to a csv file--i think it did anyway. It prompted me so I saved it.

Go to tools -> account settings to view your set-up for the comcast e-mail. You should be able to remove it from there.

Or, if you can do the .csv file with your contacts, then you can import them into Outlook.

First, you need to export your comcast contacts into a .csv file. I'm not sure how to do that 'cuz I don't have comcast.

File -> Import or Export -> Import from another program or file -> Comma Separated Values (Windows). From there you should be able to see what you need to do. If you want to dump them into your personal contacts you can. There's a question about allowing duplicates to be created. Or, you can create a business contacts folder & dump them there.

I am going out to plant some tomatoes, but I will try it when I get back. Thank you!

vwpamperedchef said:
I don't really care about my comcast address book, I Just mainly want to merge PP3 and the PC website.

But yes, it did save to a csv file--i think it did anyway. It prompted me so I saved it.

I'm kind of confused. Do you want to bring the P3 & website contacts into Outlook? Or make P3 & website match?

crystalscookingnow said:
Do you want to bring the P3 & website contacts into Outlook? QUOTE]

YES!! I know it isnt the easiest thing to explain! LOL THANK YOU!

You can do a couple of different things. The easiest would probably be to sync P3 & your website contacts. Then do an export from one or the other.

To sync P3 & PWS - There's a button within P3 that will do this for you. You'll need to be connected to the internet while doing this. It's a button that has arrows going two different ways (like a circle). This will sync the two sets of contacts.

From P3 to Outlook - Export your contact file. There's a button in P3 that looks like an envelope with an arrow. This is the export button. Click this & then it will walk you through saving the file. Remember where you save the file! It will be a .CSV file.

In Outlook - File -> Import from another program or file -> Comma Separated Values (Windows). You'll need to find the file that you saved in the previous step. Select that file. Then you will be walked through a few more prompts that will get you set up.

Thank you! That comma part was the one I was stuck on! You are a life saver!

Now just one more question...when I have new contacts to add into outlook, so I just covert PP3 into a CSV file and then transfer like you told me?

Yep. Or, you can just manually add them to outlook. Whichever is easiest. :) Glad I could help.

1. How do I merge my contacts from Outlook with my work email?

To merge your contacts from Outlook with your work email, follow these steps:

1. Open Outlook and click on the "File" tab.
  2. Select "Open & Export" from the left sidebar.
  3. Click on "Import/Export".
  4. In the Import and Export Wizard, select "Import from another program or file" and click "Next".
  5. Select "Comma Separated Values (CSV)" as the file type and click "Next".
  6. Click on the "Browse" button and locate the CSV file that contains your contacts. If you do not have a CSV file, you can export your contacts from your work email as a CSV file.
  7. Choose the appropriate options for handling duplicates and click "Next".
  8. Select the destination folder for your contacts and click "Next".
  9. Click "Finish" to complete the merge process.

2. How do I merge my PP3 and website contacts with Outlook?

To merge your PP3 and website contacts with Outlook, follow the steps outlined in the previous answer for merging contacts from another program or file. Instead of selecting a CSV file, choose the appropriate file type for your PP3 or website contacts.

3. How do I cancel Outlook and go back to using my Comcast email?

To cancel Outlook and use your Comcast email again, follow these steps:

1. Open Outlook and click on the "File" tab.
  2. Select "Account Settings" and then "Account Settings" again from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the Account Settings window, select your Outlook account and click on "Remove".
  4. Confirm the removal and then close the Account Settings window.
  5. Open your Comcast email and log in with your username and password.

4. Why does my Comcast email say "Account Unavailable" after merging with Outlook?

This is because you have set up your Comcast email as an additional account in your Outlook program. When you check your Comcast email, you are now accessing it through Outlook instead of directly through the Comcast website. If you prefer to use your Comcast email separately from Outlook, you can follow the steps outlined in the previous answer to cancel Outlook and use your Comcast email again.

5. What should I do if I am having trouble merging my contacts with Outlook?

If you are having trouble merging your contacts with Outlook, you may want to try exporting your contacts from your email program as a CSV file and then importing them into Outlook. If this does not work, you can also try reaching out to the technical support team for your email program or for Outlook for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
beepampered
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies