• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed to Make My Website a Success - Email [email protected]

In summary, the conversation discussed ways to improve personal websites to make them more successful. Suggestions included using email invitations for shows and regularly updating the website with new content such as recipes, product instructions, and cooking tips. It was also recommended to keep a show open at all times and to send monthly emails to past customers with the guest special and ordering instructions. Additionally, it was mentioned that promoting the website on all forms of communication, such as business cards and newsletters, can also help increase traffic. Overall, these strategies have proven successful for increasing website hits and generating outside orders.
CAmomCookin4U
Ok I see that everybody loves there personal website. So how are you all making yours such a great success? Help desparately needed! I have had mine for over a year with just a few hits. Please e-mail [email protected] any ideas. you can also check my website out to see what I can do to improve it if possible. Thanks again Laurel
P.S.
www.pamperedchef.biz/cheflaurel

A couple things. One even on this forum you can't put the whole website out there. So you can see my bland and boring site at /lennhoff.

I ask my hostesses for a list of guests including email addresses and then I input that information into their show on the site and I send out e-vites about the show as well as the usual phone calls (well I intend to do that). Get your host to then go and take a look and see who else she could send evites to that would not attend but might order.

Then make sure your website is listed on everything, every email you send to anyone, your business cards, your newsletters, everything.

Things other people are doing, including recipes that they change either bi-weekly or monthly, return product/broken product instructions, making use of the calendar including booked shows and dates that you want to book shows, make sure you regularly change the pictures on the front page and the articles you have on it, cooking tips, make it a happening place that people want to come back to regularly.

In my case all of my orders have been from remote guests/friends of the hosts or friends of mine. One of my hosts managed to come up with over 40 people to put evites to most that live a distance away from her. Her show the day before closing was not even at $75 and so we sent a reminder out to everyone from the site and the show is now over $200 and growing. Not a lot for a show but given where we were 2 days ago not bad.

Keep a show open at all times in your name, close it every 2 weeks/monthly or when it hits $500 - let people know that product may not ship until the beginning of the next month. Send an email to all your past customers at the beginning of each month with what the guest special is and how to place orders through your show.

Include it in your host coaching. I think that's why mine has been a success. I always get outside orders for a show...and it's great for catty shows that way as well.

tlennhoff said:
A couple things. One even on this forum you can't put the whole website out there. So you can see my bland and boring site at /lennhoff.

I ask my hostesses for a list of guests including email addresses and then I input that information into their show on the site and I send out e-vites about the show as well as the usual phone calls (well I intend to do that). Get your host to then go and take a look and see who else she could send evites to that would not attend but might order.

Then make sure your website is listed on everything, every email you send to anyone, your business cards, your newsletters, everything.

Things other people are doing, including recipes that they change either bi-weekly or monthly, return product/broken product instructions, making use of the calendar including booked shows and dates that you want to book shows, make sure you regularly change the pictures on the front page and the articles you have on it, cooking tips, make it a happening place that people want to come back to regularly.

In my case all of my orders have been from remote guests/friends of the hosts or friends of mine. One of my hosts managed to come up with over 40 people to put evites to most that live a distance away from her. Her show the day before closing was not even at $75 and so we sent a reminder out to everyone from the site and the show is now over $200 and growing. Not a lot for a show but given where we were 2 days ago not bad.

Keep a show open at all times in your name, close it every 2 weeks/monthly or when it hits $500 - let people know that product may not ship until the beginning of the next month. Send an email to all your past customers at the beginning of each month with what the guest special is and how to place orders through your show.

That sums it up very well. I also think that the liqidation store is going to be a huge hit for the websites, there are lots of people looking for discontinued things and we now have an answer for them.

Also be sure to promote the wedding registry, this also gets your website out in front of peoples faces.

you can check out mine if you like.
/bbaumanskitchen

One thing that has helped me is sending out the invitations. I put a label on them saying "can't come to the show? order online at ...." I have been averaging 2-3 outside orders per show online.

Good point Lacy. This month, i started putting little labels with my site over the PC site address on the postcards. Let's see if it helps!

invite templatehere is what I print on all my invites before they go to the host.
When I put the invites in my printer it says the paper is not the right size, but I just press "continue" and it prints on the invites perfectly. It saves on the labels.

Attachments

• invites template mine.doc
    23 KB · Views: 605
I am in the same boat. I just don't know whether to do it!! I just started out and have had only 3 shows so I am still unsure about the whole thing! I know its the cheapest way to have a website, but it still seems a big investment. I am trying to minimize all my upfront costs in everyway.

Do you guys think I should take the plunge??

Misty

advertise advertiseadvertise.....put it on EVERYTHING, your signature on emails, your business cards, your voicemail on your phone "be sure to visit me on the worldwide web at www. blah blah blah..."......make sure it is on ALL your labels....when doing invites, be sure to do labels to cover the www.pamperedchef.com one....host coaching, get emails for all the guests and use the evites.....that is how I got all my orders....and EVERY show I've done has gotten at LEAST 2 orders from online......

it's all about MARKETING.....get a sticker made up for your car...."visit www.blahblahblah.....with the Pampered Chef window sticker above it.....

It ReALLy isn'ta big investment...I'd HATE to say how much i pay for my Real Estate website.....when I say this is the BEST investment you'll make, it is.....I have done my own websites, design, maintain and thought THOSE where inexpensive, NOT....this is by far the BEST I have seen....Partylite doesn't have the ability to send "sorry evites" that give the guest the ability to click Order Now.......so they LOSE sales that way.....MaryKay doesn't either, i dont' think.....

So do it, even if it is the 42.00 JUST DO IT....
AND you can put up your schedule for folks to see so if your doing expos etc....

AND it allows you to get a rolling contact list going that you can shoot emails to all at once....keep them up to date of new stuff.....

AND it is a WRITE OFF for your business......so it is a NO LOSE proposition....

Kelley Sells said:
a big investment...I'd HATE to say how much i pay for my Real Estate website.....when I say this is the BEST investment you'll make, it is.....I have done my own websites, design, maintain and thought THOSE where inexpensive, NOT....this is by far the BEST I have seen....Partylite doesn't have the ability to send "sorry evites" that give the guest the ability to click Order Now.......so they LOSE sales that way.....MaryKay doesn't either, i dont' think.....

So do it, even if it is the 42.00 JUST DO IT....
AND you can put up your schedule for folks to see so if your doing expos etc....

AND it allows you to get a rolling contact list going that you can shoot emails to all at once....keep them up to date of new stuff.....

AND it is a WRITE OFF for your business......so it is a NO LOSE proposition....

AMEN to what Kelley said. My real estate site is tremendously more expensive than my Pampered Chef one! These are a STEAL!

There is a thread on here about a website idea exchange so you can check out other people's sites and add things. Also, on CC is a recorded teleclass about websites. Very informative!!

Personal WebsitThanks to all for the great ideas. I took it all in and peaked at many websites and borrowed and created and now have an updated more welcoming website. Thank You Thank You Thank You. Laurel

karlene said:
here is what I print on all my invites before they go to the host.
When I put the invites in my printer it says the paper is not the right size, but I just press "continue" and it prints on the invites perfectly. It saves on the labels.

I have used this template for Postcard invites. I have not tweaked it lately since I do not do Post cards anymore. too many never got to the guests. I now do full page invites in a buis env. I like it cause I can get more info on there too.
I average 2 website orders per show. Durring the holidays I usually get a few web orders from people who have picked up my catalog somewhere.

Attachments

• Post Card Show Info-Invites (new format)Sample.doc
    23 KB · Views: 440
  • full page Invite sample.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 389
I'm thinking that I could put the postcards into envelopes and then they'd get lost less.

The recorded Tele-Class is a gem - listen to it! There are also recordings available on supply order with ideas.

The most important thing is to keep your site fresh. Set aside 10 minutes a week to update information. You don't have to change your articles each week, but change which ones display on the home page. It's amazing how many people only click onto the links from the front and never go to the "News" listings.

Encourage people to bookmark your page, too. If they don't have to retype the address, it's easier for them to just pop in for a quick visit.

When you post factoids and tips, make sure you include some reference to our products. Sure, it's great to learn a tip that silicone mats work fabulously for keeping children from sliding out of high chairs at restaurants. But you'll probably make a sale if you post that fact with a mention that the Baker's Mat is large and easily packed in a diaper bag for trips. And it makes a great surface for rolling out clay/Play-Doh.

I send a monthly email newsletter. It includes references to stories on my PWS, and usually features a recipe that I do not use on the PWS that month. That way, my newsletter readers are more likely to also go to my site. I also occasionally include a "newsletter-only" special on my site, to encourage people to get the email.

Try to post a variety of news items: recruiting, product tips, recipes, hosting, etc. The more types of information you include, the more likely a viewer is to find something that interests them.

And finally, when in doubt, think "Would I be likely to visit this site more than once?"

/annszwarc

Ann

Related to Help Needed to Make My Website a Success - Email [email protected]

1. How can I increase traffic to my website?

There are several ways to increase traffic to your website. One effective method is to regularly update your website with new and engaging content. This can include blog posts, recipes, and product demonstrations. Additionally, utilizing social media and email marketing can help drive traffic to your site. Collaborating with other websites or influencers in your industry can also help attract new visitors.

2. How can I improve my website's search engine ranking?

Improving your search engine ranking involves implementing proper search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. This includes using relevant keywords in your website's content, having a well-organized website structure, and obtaining backlinks from reputable sources. You can also improve your ranking by regularly updating your website with fresh, high-quality content.

3. How can I make my website more user-friendly?

Making your website user-friendly involves creating a clean and organized layout, making sure your website is easy to navigate, and ensuring that all links and buttons are functioning properly. It's also important to have a responsive design that is compatible with different devices, such as smartphones and tablets. Lastly, regularly gathering feedback from users and implementing any necessary changes can also help improve the overall user experience.

4. How can I use email marketing to promote my website?

Email marketing is a great way to promote your website and reach out to potential customers. You can start by building an email list through your website or social media platforms. Then, regularly sending out newsletters or promotional emails with links to your website can help drive traffic. Personalizing your emails and offering exclusive deals or discounts can also encourage people to visit your site.

5. How can I track the success of my website?

There are various tools and metrics you can use to track the success of your website. Google Analytics is a popular option that can provide insight on website traffic, user behavior, and conversion rates. You can also track your website's search engine ranking and social media engagement to see how well your website is performing. Be sure to regularly analyze this data and make any necessary adjustments to continuously improve your website's success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vwpamperedchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • dexheimers
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Shawnna