• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opportunity to Sell & Recruit at Fall Fair Event

In summary, the lady who called the table said she hasn't been invited to a show in AGES and has NO clue of anyone in their area who sells so she's praying this will be a great sales and RECR
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I am pretty sure I have the opportunity to do a table at a bazaar/fall fair event. I have not had the opportunity of doing this yet so I'm a bit in freeze mode as far as my brain goes and I knew that y'all would be able to help me. Are there files or posts that would launch me in the right direction? What do you do to get folks to your table? Do you do a mystery host for the day and if they order thier name goes in the pot? I KNOW you all have wisdom to share!!! I am waiting for my director to get home to pick her brain as well. The gal who called me said she hasn't been invited to a show in AGES and has NO clue of anyone in their area who sells so I'm praying this will be a great sales and RECRUITING opportunity.

You HAVE to have a drawing for something, whether a free show or a product to get people's contact information. That is what you are there for, so make sure you get their name, phone number, and interest in hosting/joining. I saw an awesome drawing slip that asked about a catalog show and a cooking show, so I think more people would say yes to a catalog show than a cooking show! Another way to draw people in is the colored water with confetti in the quick-stir pitcher. Be careful with this because the kids will play with it while the parents ignore them and if you don't hold the top on the kids will pull the handle up too hard and get you wet!! This happened about 5 times at the fair that I did! Good luck, and have show packets and recruiting info with you too!

Do you bring prepared food? Or have no food? I'm not sure on what the venue will be allowing/restricting yet either ... just wondering... or should I just take veggies to demo the mandoline and something for the chopper etc... love the QSPitcher idea... I'll plan on that one...
as always.. thanks so much for all the ideas!

The Quick Stir idea is GREAT! Check out the attached Fair Slip and have a drawing for a FREE Item and COOKING Show

Attachments

• bridal survey slip.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
The reason I'd be leary about doing a drawing for a free cooking show and a free item is that I suspect a lot of people would put in for the drawing hoping for the free item that are not interested in holding a show. I personally would prefer to be up front or to do 2 different drawings. Those interested in doing a show could enter both drawings and those that only want a freebie would enter only the contest for that. I'd also probably do a personal gift certificate as the freebie & simply tack the order from the winner onto one of my shows.

I think I'm leaning more toward a drawing for a prize... either the gift certificate or an item I have... I can't decide... you all have my brain juices flowing tho! What about food items? What's a good make ahead thing other than a dip and bread in the tube???

Last year when I did a fair, I brought mini choc chip cookies and put them out on my round stones. I was SHOCKED at how many people didn't know you could make cookies on them and that they wouldn't burn on the bottom. I had some dark ones in there (hey I had a 1 year old! lol) and they still weren't burnt on the bottom.. it was actually neat to be able to show people that if they like their cookies dark (or oopsie and forget about them) that they aren't burnt on the bottom. I think I made a triple batch of dough. I used my son's baby food spoons, as it measured out a really good size, (I think I got over 9 doz cookies, but i can't remember very well!) but if you're pressed for time, make the dough and bake it in the large bar pan. Then just cut it into bite-size pieces, and you'll be able to show guests that the edges don't get hard and crusty and can actually be EATEN! :D We also had apples and the APCS there for people to try.. that was a big hit, especially with the kids. Also, there are recipes on here for quick fudge (frosting and chocolate chips I believe) and cream cheese mints, both you can make with your EAD.

I'm doing a festival on sat. and I'm doing the pecan tassies.

I have done a few fairs. Lately, I have been raffling off a "free" cooking show. I really like this better than giving away a goodie basket. You do not get as many people filling out slips, but you do get people who are really interested in Pampered Chef. I usually bring something to taste. I am doing BRU tomorrow and I made peanut butter cookies in the shape of pumpkins with the cookie press. When I do big fairs, I do not bring any food, maybe candies in our simple addition dishes. I also bring a lot of stock to sell. I am finally ready to start recruiting, after 2 years of selling! So here is a flyer that I got from this website (thank you to whoever made it).

Oh, I also hand out recipe cards. Sometimes it is easier to talk to people if you have something to give out.

Attachments

• now hiring.doc
    88 KB · Views: 507
I agree, take some little hand-out to attract people. Thay may have been planning to walk on by until you ask "Would you like a free recipe card?"

I've had decent luck with giving away a product (cookbooks are nice, because they're easy to ship in an envelope), and then call everyone anyway and tell them that they won the second place prize of a free cooking show.

It is imperative that you follow up within 48 hours. I didn't do this for the first couple years, and I could kick myself now. :eek:

What is the purpose of the "Opportunity to Sell & Recruit at Fall Fair Event"?

The purpose of the "Opportunity to Sell & Recruit at Fall Fair Event" is to provide our Pampered Chef consultants with the chance to showcase and sell our products at a popular community event, while also promoting the opportunity to join our team as a consultant.

Who can participate in the "Opportunity to Sell & Recruit at Fall Fair Event"?

Any Pampered Chef consultant who is in good standing with the company and has the necessary materials and products can participate in the "Opportunity to Sell & Recruit at Fall Fair Event".

What are the benefits of participating in the "Opportunity to Sell & Recruit at Fall Fair Event"?

Participating in the "Opportunity to Sell & Recruit at Fall Fair Event" can provide consultants with the opportunity to reach a larger audience, gain new customers, and potentially recruit new team members. It can also help increase sales and build brand awareness for Pampered Chef.

How do I sign up for the "Opportunity to Sell & Recruit at Fall Fair Event"?

You can sign up for the "Opportunity to Sell & Recruit at Fall Fair Event" by contacting your team leader or reaching out to the event organizers directly. You will need to provide your consultant information and pay any necessary fees or deposits.

What materials and products should I bring to the "Opportunity to Sell & Recruit at Fall Fair Event"?

We recommend bringing a variety of our popular products, as well as any new or seasonal items. You should also bring marketing materials, business cards, and recruitment information to promote the opportunity to join our team. Make sure to also have enough order forms and product catalogs on hand for customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • sarahsellcm