• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Participating in a Bridal Fair Worth the Cost?

In summary, the recruiter is interested in doing a bridal fair in the city where she lives, but the cost is prohibitive. She suggests either splitting the cost or finding someone else to man the booth with her. She agrees that the events may be a good way to boost sales, but cautions that it may not be worth the expense if the bride is not interested in cookware and registry items. She estimates that one person can handle the booth shift for about an hour, and suggests that if the event is too large, the consultant can rotate shifts.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
My recruiter called me today with an opportunity to participate in a bridal fair in my city. The event does sound like an AWESOME opportunity ... but quite pricey. My half of this would basically be the equivalent of a house payment. And this comes between Christmas and mid-January ... when I have presents to buy, bills to pay and recent unexpected expenses, such as car repairs and some problem with my dryer ...

I crunched it and crunched it, and there is no way I can do it unless I stop driving, stop eating or probably both!

Has anyone had good success with these? I think she is right that it would pay for itself in a short time ... but I still can't see fitting it into my tight, tight budget!

If it is too much, it is too much. Pass and wait for another one. Or, fine other people to man the booth with you and your recruiter to share the cost.

I agree with Kate - I wouldn't spend the equivalent of a house payment on something where you may not reap any benefits as well.

I agree with Kate plus in my experience I have had litte to no response as of yet with my Bridal Booths. But you have to remember that most of the Brides to be aren't getting married till next year (mid year at that) So time will tell, and you have to diffently stay in touch so they won't forget about our Bridal Registry and you... Hope this helps.

I talked to her about adding to the number of consultants ... she said it is a 10 foot table, and only 3 chairs so it would be better if there are only two of us.I think I am going to suggest that she ask our director instead of me. Reason being that a) directors get some money to do events like this and b) it is in her best interest to increase the sales of her recruit, since she, unlike my recruiter, makes money from her downline. PLUS ... I value her experience ... if she hasn't found this to be a good way to increase sales, she won't do it either!I'd only do it if there is a way to pay it over time ... less than a month to come up with that money is pretty short notice!But that said ... does anybody know if these events really increase sales? Are brides looking for Pampered Chef stuff and to set up registries with us?

This can diffently boost your sales and little work on your half other then coaching them to get all they want. The girls i know that have had success with this love it, and wish that would be all they did every month.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I talked to her about adding to the number of consultants ... she said it is a 10 foot table, and only 3 chairs so it would be better if there are only two of us.

I think I am going to suggest that she ask our director instead of me. Reason being that a) directors get some money to do events like this and b) it is in her best interest to increase the sales of her recruit, since she, unlike my recruiter, makes money from her downline. PLUS ... I value her experience ... if she hasn't found this to be a good way to increase sales, she won't do it either!

I'd only do it if there is a way to pay it over time ... less than a month to come up with that money is pretty short notice!

But that said ... does anybody know if these events really increase sales? Are brides looking for Pampered Chef stuff and to set up registries with us?

Find out how many people they are expecting. Find out the hours. Figure out how many people per hour could possibly come by the booth and take about 1/10th of that as the people who will stop by the booth. Then, about 1/10th of those will come through with anything. It may not need more than one person per shift - and NEVER sit down unless you are hurt!!! Chairs don't mean anything except for something for your prospectives to sit on, IMHO. It is difficult to share leads, so unless they are expecting 15,000 people, I would do one person per shift. Plus, this business is about helping our hosts, customers and fellow consultants!

This is kind of funny and weird... I had a woman call me to do a bridal fair that I did right after I moved to MI 6 years ago. 6 years ago I did the fair, paid way too much for it, and got nothing from it. Oh well, live and learn.Well, she's called me periodically over the years to do the fair and I've always turned her down because I really couldn't justify spending the $$$ without the decent return.She called me the other day and what's funny, is she told me she was from a different company but then slipped and said the company name when she got talking about the event. She has a common name and she hasn't called me in about 3 years so I didn't remember right away who she was. She started with how AWESOME PC's wedding registry is and how she could help me spread the word about it.In any case, she told me the date and it's the last day of Leadership. When I told her I would be away and why, she said, "Well that's why I can't seem to find anyone!" Very nice. And then changed her sweet way about her and her "excitement" about our registry to rage! I was floored! She said, "NOW what am I supposed to do if all the managers are at a Conference? I NEED A PAMPERED CHEF REP!" I told her that I didn't know what she would do. Bizarre!

Our cluster splits the shows up and 2 people do each hour (you can do multiple hours if you'd like, you just have to pay for the time you work).
Could you do that?

finley1991 said:
"Well that's why I can't seem to find anyone!" Very nice. And then changed her sweet way about her and her "excitement" about our registry to rage! I was floored! She said, "NOW what am I supposed to do if all the managers are at a Conference? I NEED A PAMPERED CHEF REP!" I told her that I didn't know what she would do. Bizarre!
OMG! What a flake! Of course, not all the Directors are going, and Consultants can't - but that doesn't mean that she'll be able to find someone willing to pay for it.

My recruit was contacted for one that's being billed as a "high-end bridal expo for high-end brides." It was way more than I've seen for an expo in this area, and there was no guarantee that there wouldn't be a second rep from each company (it was worded as "limit two of each business type," which could also mean only 2 vendors that have kitchen products). It was a 1-day event and was (I think) $1200. Yikes! :eek: The info said that they'd give all the brides' info to the exhibitors, but I hate calling from those lists because they're cold calls unless they already stopped by the booth.

Hmmmm....

This fair, also, is the last day of leadership summit, as it turns out. Which also would explain why no PC vendor has snapped up the spot.

It is at the local convention center in our city, a rather large venue, and is highly promoted each year to brides that just got that ring for Christmas.

About 5,000 people are expected if I'm remembering right ... hours are 10 to 5 and recruiter would prefer not to do shifts (but personally, I don't think that much standing would be good for her ... she's pregnant!)

And Ann ... maybe your recruit and my recruiter tapped into shows put on by the same vendor ... the fee is $1200 for this one also!

Just got the verdict on my dryer ... there is NO WAY ON EARTH I can do this! At least not in the next 3 weeks ... or at least not without somebody else jumping in!

Di - listen to your gut. I know you would like to have those leads, but not at that expense. The most expensive booth I have EVER done was $380 for two days I and shared that with about 5 other people.

I know that some people have had fantastic luck with bridal fairs, but my personal experience has been at the opposite end of the spectrum. With the exception of a multiple-time host who I met at my very first expo, only 5 months after I started. She's hosted for me 4 or 5 times, and I've had probably another 7 bookings descended from her shows. That said, I do know that my lack of success is directly related to my phone phobia and lack of follow-up with the leads.

Theres no way I would do any type of event for $1200, especially not a bridal fair!

I've done 3 bridal fairsIn the Detroit Metro Area and NOT ONE bride signed up for the registry, nor did I get a recruit lead or a regular show out of them. I consider myself a pretty good "booth" girl, I always seem to get numerous bookings and leads. But when brides go to those events, they just are not focused on registry. They are looking for something "free" right then and there. And unfortuantely many of them are so young - they don't realize the quality of The Pampered Chef product. They would just rather register at Target and be done with it.

Plus I think it's so hard to explain what a registry offers in such a short period of time!If I'm going to promote my bridal registry, I think I'm going to do it in other ways ... say, make up a flyer and post it in bridal shops. Something like, "How would you like to get $200 in free items just by having your friends and family buy you gifts?"Kate, you summed it up in a nutshell ... if recruiter calls me, I'll recommend that she not do it either ... because what if she invests all that time and money for nothing?I already e-mailed her and suggested she contact our director about this opportunity rather than me, because if she doesn't think it's a good idea .. than that is probably why they don't have another PC vendor.

Hi Di,

I just did a booth the end of October with my team. We did the same booth last year and had no results...This year however...I followed up with each bride after they signed up for the opportunity to win a free cooking show. Of course they all "Won" a free cooking show where I provided the ingredients. I had 6 shows that "stuck" and were productive which increased my contacts by about 50.

I would NEVER pay that much for a booth...Splitting it is the way to go! If you can't convince her to split it then get out :)

I have signed up for a booth towards the end of January. I am excited about it and you all have given me some ideas of how to market the registry while I'm there. I have decided not to let the comments here sway me into negative thinking about it, but to let them help me make my booth successful! I also am going into it knowing that I am going to have to make many follow up calls once it is over and that I will most not likely see any results for many months. I decided I had to give it a try at least once, otherwise I will always wonder. My booth was originally $595, but I talked them into $100 off. So $495 for a 5 hour event. Lots of money, but I am hoping that it will pay off.

My director and one other consultant did a big bridal fair in Jan - over 1000 brides in attendance. We each signed at least 15 on the spot registries & about 1/2 seem to be sticking (they have edited the well stocked kitchen). One consultant booked 3 shows & I took some orders, which earned me the striped tablecloth in Jan. We are doing another tomorrow (smaller venue & turnout) & are the only vendor with wedding registry (No Macy's, Penny's, BB&B, etc) so it should be good. We split the cost & it got us an ad in their brochure - $500 so roughly $160 each after director reimbursement. Bridal fairs will negotiate - just ask. The one we did in Jan offered us a labor contract - we provided them with 10 girls to work the event & our booth was FREE - normally $1500!

PS - we offered a door prize that everyone entered and a bigger item for those that register today!!

1. What is a bridal fair and why should I participate?

A bridal fair is an event that brings together various vendors and businesses that cater to weddings and engagements. It is a great opportunity for couples to gather inspiration, connect with vendors, and plan their special day. Participating in a bridal fair can give your business exposure to a targeted audience and potentially generate new leads and customers.

2. How do I prepare for a bridal fair?

To prepare for a bridal fair, make sure you have a well-designed and eye-catching display that showcases your products and services. Have plenty of business cards and promotional materials to hand out. It's also a good idea to have a special offer or promotion for attendees. Lastly, make sure you and your staff are well-informed and knowledgeable about your products and services to answer any questions that potential customers may have.

3. What are some effective ways to attract customers at a bridal fair?

Some effective ways to attract customers at a bridal fair include having a visually appealing display, offering samples or demonstrations of your products, and engaging with attendees by asking them questions and listening to their needs. You can also consider hosting a raffle or giveaway to draw in more attendees.

4. How can I make the most out of my participation in a bridal fair?

To make the most out of your participation in a bridal fair, be sure to follow up with any potential leads and customers after the event. You can also consider offering a special discount or promotion for attendees who visit your booth. Additionally, network with other vendors at the fair and consider collaborating with them in the future.

5. Is it worth the cost to participate in a bridal fair?

The cost of participating in a bridal fair can vary, but it is typically worth the investment. Bridal fairs provide a unique opportunity to connect with a targeted audience and showcase your products and services. It's also a great way to stay up-to-date on current wedding trends and network with other businesses in the industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcheflil
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Fluffy215
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pclinskie
  • ChefChris