• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Advice: Participating in a Bridal Show - Worth the Cost?

In summary, the cost of participating in a bridal show is $500, but the consultant is willing to give the participant a 10% discount. They believe that the show is worth the money and that it is widely advertised and held at a big venue. The consultant would not do it for $500.
plichte
I have the opportunity to be a part of a bridal show in my area which I am waaaaaay excited about. :D However, I found out today the cost of the space is $500 - she is willing to give me a 10% discount - I am hoping for more after the sappy e-mail I just sent her. :) I wanted your guys' opinion though. What do you think about this cost? Has anyone ever participated in a Bridal Show and found it to be worth their while? I am a little nervous to spend that much without knowing if something will come out of it.

I have and got quite a few leads, but this is WAAAAYYYYY more than I paid. Here our bridal fairs are around $175 and I split it with another consultant. Are there other consultants in your cluster that you could consider doing that with - or doing it in shifts?

That is what I was thinking was splitting it. I just didnd't know what the results MIGHT be and if I would want to split 2 contacts. Know what I mean? Thanks for your insight - I hope some others have some as well.

plichte said:
That is what I was thinking was splitting it. I just didnd't know what the results MIGHT be and if I would want to split 2 contacts. Know what I mean? Thanks for your insight - I hope some others have some as well.
Around the Chicago area, the big bridal shows are at least that. Some go as high as $700 or more. One of my consultants was offered the chance to participate in one FOR FREE because her friend coordinated it.....normally her price would have been $1000!!!:eek:

I'm doing a big one here in GR in Sept. It is Friday Evening and all day Saturday and Sunday afternnoon, and we all paid $50 for 2 hr time slots! There are 3 of us per time slot.....that figures out to $1500! This is my first time doing it, but from what I hear - it is well worth the money! It is widely advertised and held at the DeVos Convention Center (HUGE!) and people are lined up waiting to get in before the doors open!
Maybe you could find out what the expected attendance is and split the time up with several consultants? If its going to be very busy - you may be able to do it that way?

I would not do it for $500.

And I would not do it unless you have time available after the fair for follow up and if you do not commit to doing it. It's all about gathering the leads and doing the follow up.

1. How much does it typically cost to participate in a bridal show?

The cost of participating in a bridal show can vary depending on the location, size of the show, and any additional services or packages offered by the event organizers. On average, the cost can range from $300 to $1000.

2. Is it worth the cost to participate in a bridal show?

While the cost may seem high, participating in a bridal show can be worth it for the exposure and potential sales. It allows you to reach a targeted audience of brides-to-be who are actively looking for wedding-related products and services.

3. How should I prepare for a bridal show?

Before the show, make sure you have enough inventory, promotional materials, and a well-designed display to showcase your products. It's also a good idea to have a special offer or discount for brides who book your services at the show.

4. How can I stand out among other vendors at the bridal show?

To stand out, make sure your booth is visually appealing and eye-catching. Offer samples of your products and engage with potential customers by providing demonstrations or offering consultations. It's also helpful to have a professional and approachable demeanor.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when participating in a bridal show?

Avoid having a cluttered or disorganized booth, not having enough staff to assist with customers, and not following up with potential leads after the show. It's also important to have a clear understanding of the event's rules and regulations to avoid any issues during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TxBecky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • letscook04
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • ChefChris