• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's in Store for the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?

if you can live without chocolate that is).Is dark chocolate a vegetable? Yes, dark chocolate is a vegetable.
lacychef
So, we can't have the other 2 waves counting down without us.....5-30-07: days until conference: 47:D (man, I need to go shopping for some new clothes!:D )

Lacy:

I'm with you! Plus I am crossing fingers and toes that we'll both be walking!!

Mary

I am going to wait until the last minute to get anything new. I am hoping to be a size of two smaller!

PS... Thanks for starting our own countdown. I wish there was a way to link it to a page. I guess that's a great question for Mr. greg!

yeah! I am so excited! It is really coming fast now!

AJPratt said:
I am going to wait until the last minute to get anything new. I am hoping to be a size of two smaller!
Me too! LOL!:D I got 2 great dresses about a month ago, but now I want 2-3 outfits that are casual/professional! JC Penny here I come! Okay, I'll wait about a month and then I'm going!:D

Oh yeah! And I can hardly wait! I NEED conference BAD!!!! I need a vacation from here and a kick in the butt from there! I can't wait to see how on fire I get again!:D

What is the attire usually anyway - I just got a note from my director that I have a room now

Casual Business attire! Some people go really casual but I know the company frowns on that. And at least one of the general sessions is a dress up affair!:)

If you are walking you will want a really nice outfit (some people even go formal but that isn't necessary - just YOUR preference) and many of the Exec dinners are more dressy but otherwise business casual. The majority of people wear capris and a nice top.

None of the sessions are more than business casual for the "audience" unless they changed that for this year.

I plan to wear something nicer on Day 1 (but not dressy) since we have the director training/lunch, something casual nice and pink on day two - HWC/RUFTH recognition, dressier for Exec dinner, casual nice last day.

Thanks for starting this Lacy! I can't wait (looking forward to meeting you too!) I need to go shopping too. Seems I can never find anything when I'm looking though. I think I need to get some comfortable shoes to take with.

Oh, definitely get comfy shoes. And get them ahead of time enough that you can break them in before you get to Chicago.

That was my thoughts. I want some cute sandals, but don't want blisters either!

I wore comfy sandals, but the band across the top gave me a rash! So, bring an extra pair to also wear.

How does this work for you?? I tried putting in my signature line, but it wouldn't take the codes, so I thought I'd just post it!

That's neat.

It wouldn't go in your siggy because pics are not allowed in signatures. That's how the forum is set up. (It helps save some download time for people with slow connections, and keeps it looking neat around here.)

Our banquet usually has a theme from what a hear but I don't know the theme yet

Thank you Lacy!!!
I wanted to start a thread too but the math hurt my head :D
I can not wait!!!
First time and we are going to have a fine time!
Woo-Hoo
!!!

Lacy you rock!!!Anne I am right there w/ you I hope to be smaller by the time conference rolls around so we will see. I will shop the week before we leave!!!

straitfan said:
Thanks for starting this Lacy! I can't wait (looking forward to meeting you too!) I need to go shopping too. Seems I can never find anything when I'm looking though. I think I need to get some comfortable shoes to take with.

Who is your director? We should know each other since you're not THAT far away!

pamperedalf said:
Lacy you rock!!!

Anne I am right there w/ you I hope to be smaller by the time conference rolls around so we will see. I will shop the week before we leave!!!
Aw thanks:)

Yes, don't we all want to be a little smaller?! I've got to start doing some tummy crunches....

Ok, one day less now:p

46 days!!!!:p :D I just love counting down!:D

Okay I lost 2 pounds, but I am sitting at work eating Dark chocolate hershy kisables (it's dark, so that's better for you).

I need to go run extra laps around the school, here I go.

Oh no 46 days, I need to get in gear!

pamperedalf said:
Dark chocolate hershy kisables (it's dark, so that's better for you).
I am so sorry, I need to correct you.
Dark chocolate is a VEGETABLE!
so munch away and know you will live a happier healthier life ( don't forget to wash your veggies down with red wine! )

lacychef said:
Who is your director? We should know each other since you're not THAT far away!

Carrie Robinson, in Hutchinson. She's under her Sister, Glee Witzke in NE.

45:D

And there was something on the news last night about eating chocolate improves your memory? Well, I don't think that's true because I eat WAY too much of it & my memory stinks!:rolleyes:

^^They probably meant dark chocolate and they probably mean in moderation!:D ;) But hey, chocolate's chocolate right? I love dark chocolate and I love that it's actually good for you, but just how much of that excuse can I really get away with:eek: :rolleyes: !!! Except for when I'm hormonal and premenstrual and then I can say anything and I'm right!:D :p And I can get away with it!LOL!

45 days! wahoooooo! Oh, I can't wait!:D

I figured they probably meant dark chocolate; which is the only kind I don't like! go figure....

44:D

^^Doesn't it always work like that?!;)
44! I like counting down, makes it go by faster for me!:D

:eek: STOP THE COUNTDOWN!!!!! I'm not ready! Not even close to being ready!!!!!!! lol

I did start looking and shopping for clothes today. Got 1 outfit and a pair of sandals. I'm taking a friend with me to conference, who is MUCH BETTER at shopping than I am, so I think I'm gonna drag her along for a day of shopping soon!!!! I need to get into the tanning beds, too! I am sooooo white, it's just pathetic!!! lol

NOOOOO!!! No stopping! I need to go soooo bad! I LOVE MY GIRL TIME!:D
I need to go shopping too!
43days and COUNTING! :p J/K! LOL!:D;)

42 days!!!! I'm still counting!:D ;)

I went shopping over the weekend and got sandals and 1 new outfit. Getting ready!

OK, FINE! Keep counting.... :p

I will! 41......!!!!:D LOL!

:::::I'm not looking, though:::::: LOL Once I see a big sales month for June, I'll be ready, then I'll know that I can afford the trip!!!! lol (I already paid for the plane ticket and conference.... but I'm planning on SHOPPING and eating LOTS while I'm there!!!! lol)

soccermama said:
:::::I'm not looking, though:::::: LOL Once I see a big sales month for June, I'll be ready, then I'll know that I can afford the trip!!!! lol (I already paid for the plane ticket and conference.... but I'm planning on SHOPPING and eating LOTS while I'm there!!!! lol)
I'm with you Celeste! I am praying for a big check also!:D

AJPratt said:
If you want to lose a size or two, walk at least a half hour every day, no exceptions. AND eat oatmeal, the slow cooking kind, with no sugar, every day until conference. I add golden raisins, bananas, or frozen blueberries (picked fresh and frozen by me last summer). I make sure I get fruit in every bite or YUCK. Cinnamon added is good too. I just forget sometimes. I'll be rooting for you!

I can't wait for conference, I am going to have a great June, and I can't wait until the paycheck comes. Chicago watch out.

JAE said:
If you want to lose a size or two, walk at least a half hour every day, no exceptions. AND eat oatmeal, the slow cooking kind, with no sugar, every day until conference. I add golden raisins, bananas, or frozen blueberries (picked fresh and frozen by me last summer). I make sure I get fruit in every bite or YUCK. Cinnamon added is good too. I just forget sometimes. I'll be rooting for you!
Adding some splenda would help make it sweet. I also put a small amount of walnuts in there with the cinnamon!

My June should really be great! I currently have held 2 shows and I'm sitting just under $1,000 :) I have 3 more cooking shows and a catalog show going. I'm still trying to book some more shows..... I might hold my own "Shop & Go" show for a quick show to bump up the sales a bit (and hopefully the bookings, too ;))

Shop & Go?
soccermama said:
..... I might hold my own "Shop & Go" show for a quick show to bump up the sales a bit (and hopefully the bookings, too ;))

How will this work? Just a cute name for an open house, or is there something more to it? I HAVE to do something to get my June going!!!!!!

I guess it's basically a no cooking demo show. Most people I've talked to just are soooo busy, that I thought I could offer them a "Shop & Go" show by making a recipe at home and brining it with me. Then at the show, I'll have an on-time drawing so we can start ON TIME, I'll have 1-2 games (depending on the group, I think) and just do a quick Queen of Shoppers or Catalog Walk. The guests can eat, shop and GO.... should be about an hour (or less) Sales might not be as high, but it's better than NO SHOW at all.....

So you still need a hostess--or else do your own. Hmmmmmmm I might offer that to some of the on the fence hostesses. I also need to look into pampering a business. The girls from the huge bridal shower I had a couple of months ago all work in the same dental office. One of them was going to host, but then backed out the week before. I thought I might take the show to them!

I have a couple "on the fence" hosts that I'm going to offer this to, and I'm also planning to have one myself!!! I will invite all my customers, especially those that haven't bee to a show in awhile.

Good idea on taking the show to them, after the show got cancelled. I love it!!!

OK, 40:D I think we're the only countdown still going, lol!

I like the "shop & go" name! I may do a "shop & go, & see my new house!". I've gotta come up with another couple shows....

Lacy! Where have you been?! I just kept on counting down, wondering where you were!
40 days! Wow this is the amount of time that Noah spent on the Ark!:eek: ;)
I did a little shopping yesterday, but I'm not going to take off the tags, cause I'm jumping on my South Beach diet phase 1 and I'm going to do it, I'm heading to the grocery store in just a minute and loading up on fresh veggies and lowfat cheese and whatever else I can eat on phase 1, it's the only way I'll make it! My cabinets have to be stocked with the stuff I need or I will backslide!
I'm hoping to pull off some weight and go about 2-3 sizes smaller! I need to start walking today too or riding my bike, I like that idea even better, than the kids will join in and have a blast!

I stood in the dressing rooms yesterday and just looked at myself and almost cried! And those darn mirrors don't lie!!! Dang, they slapped me right in the face and punched me right between the eyes!:eek: :eek: ! I can't blame it on the 'camera adding five-ten pountds, it wasn't a camera!
I need to do this for my happiness and for my health! I can do it, I know I can!:D

Last edited:
Cathy, you crack me up! I hope to meet you:) You all were just doing such a good job, I was letting you count down!
I know what you mean, I need to drop a couple sizes too. I'm going to drag my old 10speed bike out of my parents' basement I think. I've been walking a lot, but I need something else.....actually I should say my 95 lb chcolate lab has been walking me, lol:D

Well, I know Rae and Carolyn have set up a meet and greet in one of the hotels but that is for wave 2, and I'm not about to fly in 2 days early and pay hotel costs to do that!;) lol, I mean I love all the cheffers but I'll just have to be content with wave 3!
What I'm trying to say here is that maybe someone here in wave 3 could organized a meet and greet in one of the hotel's little lounge/restaurant area. I'm not a great organizer but I'd help out and I'd surely go. They are going to do it I think the 2nd night after the exec banquet. What do you all think?

OMG! We had our cluster meeting last night... the LAST one until after conference! It was soooo energizing and exciting! We got our special binders and talked about the fun we are going to have all night long! WOO HOO! I really need to get shopping.....!!!!!

<H2>1. What is the date and location of the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?</H2><p>The Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago will be held on May 30, 2007 at an undisclosed location.</p><H2>2. How many days are left until the conference?</H2><p>As of today, there are 47 days left until the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago.</p><H2>3. Can anyone attend the conference or is it only open to Pampered Chef consultants?</H2><p>The conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants and their guests. Non-consultants are not permitted to attend.</p><H2>4. Is there a dress code for the conference?</H2><p>Yes, there is a dress code for the conference. All attendees are expected to dress in business casual attire. Please avoid wearing jeans, shorts, or flip flops.</p><H2>5. Will there be any special events or promotions at the conference?</H2><p>Yes, there will be special events and promotions at the conference. These will be announced closer to the date of the conference. Stay tuned for more information!</p>

1. What is the date and location of the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?

The Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago will be held on May 30, 2007 at an undisclosed location.

2. How many days are left until the conference?

As of today, there are 47 days left until the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago.

3. Can anyone attend the conference or is it only open to Pampered Chef consultants?

The conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants and their guests. Non-consultants are not permitted to attend.

4. Is there a dress code for the conference?

Yes, there is a dress code for the conference. All attendees are expected to dress in business casual attire. Please avoid wearing jeans, shorts, or flip flops.

5. Will there be any special events or promotions at the conference?

Yes, there will be special events and promotions at the conference. These will be announced closer to the date of the conference. Stay tuned for more information!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • JAE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkspeir