• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Running in Chicago during the conference?

In summary, most people plan to exercise while at the conference. Some people plan to run and others plan to walk. The breakfast will start at 7 am and there are many places to eat in the area.
JAE
Who is planning to exercise while at conference? I don't mean all the walking we will be doing. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to bring my running shoes and running clothes. I'll run only Tuesday morning, but the city of Chicago is a great place to run. I don't want to miss the opportunity. I feel gross if I don't exercise at least every other day. Anyone plan to run early Tuesday? Let me know.
JAE
Wave 1
Not Packed or Ready to Go

You Don't Have Time !!!! You Will Be Doing Alot Of Walking ( AND EVEN RUNNING TO CLASS SOMETIMES )

You Would Have To Get Up At 4 In The Morning Cause 1st Class Is At 9 And It Takes A While To Get There By Bus Ext

Exercise?!?!
NOT

I am not a runner but was wondering the same thing - I noticed there is a Hot tub at the Hilton although that is not exercise

Take your shoes and shorts. You might be so keyed up that the exercise will help! There are a lot of PC people that run or go to the workout facilities.

I always pack mine, but have only used them a couple of times. I was glad I had them.

You could go a run in the evening. I never feel scared walking around downtown in the evening, heck even late at night. Bars stay open until 4 so there are always people out.

I don't know how early you runners all want to get up, but the breakfast on the 2nd morning starts at 7 am. And like someone said, getting the shuttle (there will be lines) may take a little bit. Plus, you'll likely be a little worn out from all the activity/energy! You don't HAVE to be at the breakfast right at 7 am though. Now that it's not a "Breakfast of Caring" officially (and I'm assuming no speakers or anything), you have more leeway on getting to breakfast whatever time you want before it ends.

Personally, I like to SLEEP with whatever extra time I might have. But that's just me!:D

I was planning to use the Sheraton's workout facility until I just read that it's $12 for one day $20 after that. You do get alot of walking exercise, but I'm going prepared for run/walking myself.

1. Should I exercise before or after meals?

It is generally recommended to exercise at least 1-2 hours after a meal, or on an empty stomach. This allows your body to digest food properly and avoid any discomfort during your workout.

2. How often should I exercise?

The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous exercise per week. This can be broken down into 30 minutes of exercise, 5 days a week. However, the frequency and intensity of exercise can vary depending on your fitness goals and health status.

3. Is it okay to exercise when I'm sick?

It is generally recommended to listen to your body and rest when you are sick. Exercising while sick can put additional stress on your body and may prolong your recovery time. It is best to wait until you are feeling better before resuming your exercise routine.

4. Can I exercise during pregnancy?

It is generally safe to continue exercising during pregnancy, as long as you have been cleared by your doctor and are not experiencing any complications. However, it is important to modify your exercise routine and avoid high-impact activities or exercises that put strain on your abdominal muscles.

5. How long should I wait to exercise after eating?

It is recommended to wait at least 30 minutes to an hour after eating before engaging in exercise. This allows your body enough time to digest food and avoids any potential discomfort during your workout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilove2cookpc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
pamperedalf