• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exercise with Friends: Walking Routine for Early Mornings

In summary, Deb wants to continue walking but is also open to walking with others. Angel is trying to get back into shape and walks about a 20 minute mile. Janice is staying at the Hilton and is not sure if they charge for the fitness center or if the pool is in a different place. Sarah is staying at the Congress Hotel and is looking forward to walking with others.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
and walk with me? I don't want to give up my exercise routine, but also don't want to go out early in the morning by myself. My roomie did that last year, and said it was scary! Sadly, she won't be joining us this year.

When I say early, I mean out the front door by 5:15am, so we have time to come back and shower. Since there'll be some walking involved in just getting to and from the workshops, I'm willing to decrease the length of the morning walk to 2 miles, but would love to do 3 miles at least once. I'll try to go on Google Pedometer later and map out a route.

Please let me know if you're interested. It would definitely be more fun with at least 2 or 3 people.

Sarah what kind of pace do you keep?

Angel and Deb, I could have sworn I responded here a long time ago, but apparently I was wrong!

Deb, I think I sent you an e-mail or PM, but, well, I was wrong about posting here, too. If I didn't, I apologize.

I walk about a 20 minute mile, but could do a little faster if I'm with someone who'll set and maintain a faster pace.

I hope to see you both at Meet & Greet tomorrow, anyway, but if not, my cell phone number is
703-296-9100
. If you can text me your numbers, too, I'd appreciate it.

Not sure how close I will be to Hilton. I'm staying at the Congress Hotel. I just found out they have a 24 hour fitness room:)! I plan on doing 4 miles in an hour on the treadmill, but walking with others would probably be more fun. I'll try to give you a call too or txt you. I know what you mean about not giving up your workout - I'm addicted.

I had hoped to walk while there too because I am trying to get back into shape, however I broke my toe and wile I can walk, my toe gets really sore pretty quick, so I am thinking I better save my walking for conference and just swim for exercise and maybe soak in the hot tub a little.

Angel, there's a couple of us that are going to use the track that goes around the pool, as well as the pool. If you are staying at the Hilton, you just might see us! I'm not sure what time we are planning to walk.

I saw that the "Fitness" area is $18 a day. Is the pool in a different place?

Sarah - wish we were closer!

But at the Hyatt McCormick, there's a running/walking path that goes right along Lake MI, and there's a 24 hour fitness center that's FREE! I'm so glad because it looks like at least part of the time it's going to be HOT!

jwpamp said:
I saw that the "Fitness" area is $18 a day. Is the pool in a different place?

Janice, There is a charge for the fitness center (so much per day, or $25 for your whole stay I think) but the pool and the walking track around it is free. I called last week to make sure.

I am staying at the Hilton. They do charge for fitness center but not for the pool. At least that is how it was last year.

Well I wonder if the Congress charges for their workout room. It didn't say so on the website. Oh well, it's worth it if I can get on a treadmill:)! I did find out I'm very close to the Hilton though so hopefully I can walk with someone instead.

Sorry I missed you guys....I ended up running the lakefront every morning at 5:30am. Maybe we passed each other! My pic is attached -- did we see each other??

Hope you all had an amazing conference!

Attachments

• Janice - 200k wall small file.jpg
    Janice - 200k wall small file.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 424

What is the best time to do a walking routine with friends?

The best time to do a walking routine with friends is in the early morning, preferably before starting your day. This will help boost your energy, metabolism and mood for the rest of the day.

How long should the walking routine be?

The walking routine can vary depending on your fitness level and availability. However, a 30-minute walk is a good start for beginners. As you get more comfortable, you can gradually increase the duration to 45 minutes to an hour.

What are some benefits of doing a walking routine with friends?

Walking with friends not only makes the exercise more enjoyable, but it also provides accountability and motivation. Additionally, it can improve cardiovascular health, strengthen muscles and bones, and reduce stress and anxiety.

What should I wear and bring for the walking routine?

Wear comfortable and breathable clothing and good walking shoes. It's also important to bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated and a small snack if needed. Sunscreen and a hat are also recommended for outdoor walks.

Can I do a walking routine with friends if I have physical limitations?

Yes, you can still do a walking routine with friends even if you have physical limitations. It's important to listen to your body and walk at your own pace. You can also modify the routine by choosing a flatter route or taking breaks when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Michelle D
  • naekelsey
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies