• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What a Night! Waring - Realy Long Post

In summary, Robyn's 16 year old daughter had 4 badly impacted wisdom teeth taken out and was given painkillers and ice packs to help with the pain. There was a lot of bleeding and she needed to use more gauze than was sent home with.
Kitchen2u
First of all, it's been a crazy week. Trying to chase down a JULY fundraiser, which ended up to be a dud...less than $400 in sales! The fundraiser chair is a good friend of mine. She had high hopes since there's over 220 members in this HOGS groups. But found out the President was not supportive at all. Only 4 people turned in orders. I made 75 packets, only 10 were returned to me! Oh well, that's how life is sometimes...move on to bigger and better things! Got a booking, but my friend (fundraiser chair) did not want the organization to get credit for it! LOL She all excited, making her list, etc...the show's not til Nov 9! She's emailing me or calling me just about everyday about how excited she is to be having a party..I hope I can keep the excitement up for her! I'm thinking every week, I'll be sending her tips how to have a GREAT show.

So Thursday, Robyn (daughter, 16 year old) has a consultation with the oral surgeon ~ 4 BADLY impacted wisdom teeth. She's got a REALLY small jaw structure and to protect her teeth ~ these puppies had to be taken out. (She's barely a 100 pounds, 5'3", size 00 ~ the joke I tell her is I was born a size 10! They just added the 1 infront instead of a 0!) Anyway...consult went fine...well if you call $1,764 fine! After what dental coverage is remaining for the year for her, out-of-pocket for us was $1,094 ~ divded by 4 teeth...OMG! Just before she was given the laughing gas...she was asked if she wanted to have the teeth...she said, "I think I better framed these teeth for this cost!" She came home with the teeth and they are humongeous! (spelling?) Robert and I said, "good thing these WERE taken out!"

So Robyn's sugery was Friday morning...she was really nervous (I was too. With Ryan, my 22 yr old son, having to go through 7 eye surgeries before the age of 18 months...I freak out now when someone has to be put under ~ that wondering if he/she will come out of it...scares me to death...right before Ryan's 1st surgery we lost a vERY GOOD friend to a routine hysterectomy due to over mediation, never woke up ~ that surely didn't help me!)

{Are you still with me? LOL}

So I told my team the only way they would be able to get ahold of me is via my cell phone. I wouldn't be calling them like I normally do each month on the last day (any trouble shooting with getting shwos submitted...they're all fairly new folks). I even put a reminder on my phone to "send in shows at 8 PM" since I always have customer who don't want the credit card transaction to go through until the 1st...

We get home about noon from surgery, everything went okay...was told the bleeding would stop in about 2 hours...but they had to really "dig" at them to get them out...she's going to be pretty sore and hurting. The meds didn't wear off til about 3 PM...pain? Not too bad ...yet. I was changing gauze every 20 minutes (like we were instructed) ~ ice packs on for 20, off for 20. This went all day long...she got hungry about 4 PM...we tried Jamba Juice...not good. Jello worked best since it was a "glob" that she could slide down her throat. She didn't want ice cream or yogurt. Good thing we made 3 different flavors of jello Thursday night! The heavy bleeding didn't subside until about 8:30 PM! I was told the gauze they sent us home with should be enough...uh, no...try 3 more boxes! I had to call Robert to stop by the drugstore and get 2 more boxes on his way home from work. I only bought 1 thinking "she said a couple of hours, uh, 1 should be good." When she went to bed at 9:30, bleeding not completely stopped either. I think the hardest part for Robyn was taking the meds (3 of them) when we got home. She was stil numb and couldn't "feel" the water to swallow...ended up choaking, etc. But she managed. So when 5 PM rolled around to take more, she was a bit aprehensive to say the least. But this time was better since she could "feel" everything (and more!) by then. My nephew called and asked if everything went okay since he just had this done about 2 weeks ago. They talk a little ~ he was amazed she hadn't slept all day..."I slept right away for about 6 hours!" Nope, Robyn went to bed last night about 9:30 PM...so I expect her to wake up in pain since we're getting close to 12 hours without any meds. Especially since the pain came back a bit quicker come 9 PM...really uncomfortable between 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM

So imagine this...while I'm tenign to Robyn changing gauze & ice packs (every 20 minutes), jello, working through the pain, etc...my phone alarm goes off at 8 PM..."send in shows" ~ oh yeah! Forgot about those! See? All I had to do is transmit....everything was ready to go. First try, "transmission failed", 2 try, same thing, 3rd try, same thing...after the 5th try, I thought I better call HO now...what if it takes the next hour and a half to get these through? OMG!

So I call...Jimmy (Tech Support) goes through EVERYTHING...finally..."are you wireless?" (yep) Oh the last gal I helped, same problem..."

After manually updating, installing a NEW P3 program ~ to no avail...STILL not going through. I was on the phone with Jimmy for over an hour! So he tells me, I'm going to have to go through the same things we did, but install a new version on my desktop computer... call us back (at this point I didn't want to hang up the phone!) if it doesn't work...it's 9:15 PM now...after installing, updating and restoring from my backup...guess what....it's 9:30 PM and ticking! --> --> --> NOT WORKING! ! !

So I call Tech Support back ~ my mind is going a mile a minute (mind you, every 20 minutes I'm changing gauze, timers, ice packs) I DON'T NEED THIS STRESS RIGHT NOW ! ! ! Wait time for Tech Support..15 callers ahead of you...what? CRAP (a nicer word than what I was thinking ) ~ am I going to get these shows in before 10 PM (California time...2 hours ahead of HO time!)...waiting...waiting....waiting...

9:52 PM ! Tah dah! I get a REALLY nice guy (didn't cach him name) ~ told him the situation...okay yada, yada, yada, you did this, and this and this....yep...TRY this:

Walahhh! It worked!!! All shows in...guess what the time was...9:59 PM when the last show was transmitted! I would have KISSED him if he had been in reach!

So today, Saturday...I'm CHILLIN' ! ! ! No, I'm actually going to get on the phone and get some bookings!!! Have a great 3-day ~ woke up with a headache...wonder why? LOL

A day in the life of ME! Ugh......

Ginny~

Glad everything finally went through for you!

How is DD this morning?

Ginny, tell Robyn that I'm with her. I had two wisdom teeth like that, too, that were pulled more years ago than I care to think about.But in the mean time, I've had half my teeth pulled and in a couple of weeks, the rest of them are coming out, at least, what's left of the teeth that are left. (Long story for another time.)So I understand about the gauze, the pain, the Percosets, and the citric acid.So here's my prescription for meals, my fruit smoothie recipe:1 cup milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1 banana
6 strawberries
1 Tsp honey
3 ice cubesBlend in the Osterizer until smooth. Trust me - these saved my life 8 years ago when I couldn't eat at all - and I suspect I'll be drinking a lot of these in the next few months as my gums heal.Variations:Replace the strawberries with:
Blueberries
Raspberries
A PeachOr whatever your heart desires. They all work well with the banana and the honey makes them very sweet. I'm drinking one, with blueberries, as I type this.Good luck!

Hey ginny! I responded to your email but man, you have to make Robyn the KG smoothie! It sounds SO good!!!

Thanks for sharing KG!!:D

Ginny, I am so glad that you finally got everything taken care of. I hope your headache has gone away and I hope your DD is feeling ok.

Wow, what a day! I'm exhausted after just reading about it.

Boy, you had quite the day. I'm glad you were able to get your show in. I know I have had some trouble with P3 updates lately. I had to get tech support to send me a manual update. I hope Robyn is feeling better today!

Oh wow Ginny...what a week!
I had my WT removed years ago and STILL cringe thinking about the healing time...ugh. My heart goes out to Robyn - and to you, too Ginny...AND to you KG!!

Wow! You deserve to take some time for yourself. Grab a good book (or pop in a favorite movie), put your feet up, and sip on one of those yummy smoothies. Hope your DD is back to her old self soon.

Glad that day is over! Hope your DD is doing okay today!

Wow Ginny, what a day. I am glad your shows went through.

Ann R.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ginny, tell Robyn that I'm with her. I had two wisdom teeth like that, too, that were pulled more years ago than I care to think about.

But in the mean time, I've had half my teeth pulled and in a couple of weeks, the rest of them are coming out, at least, what's left of the teeth that are left. (Long story for another time.)

So I understand about the gauze, the pain, the Percosets, and the citric acid.

So here's my prescription for meals, my fruit smoothie recipe:

1 cup milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1 banana
6 strawberries
1 Tsp honey
3 ice cubes

Blend in the Osterizer until smooth.

Trust me - these saved my life 8 years ago when I couldn't eat at all - and I suspect I'll be drinking a lot of these in the next few months as my gums heal.

Variations:

Replace the strawberries with:
Blueberries
Raspberries
A Peach

Or whatever your heart desires. They all work well with the banana and the honey makes them very sweet. I'm drinking one, with blueberries, as I type this.

Good luck!

Be careful when drinking these with the berries with small seeds. They can get in the cavity where the tooth was and cause infection. Also, I'm sure you were told, don't drink anything through a straw. It can cause dry socket, and if you think the pain of a pulled tooth is rough, this is way worse!

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes! Robyn is doing quite well. Kitchen Guy, I made the smoothie for her (substituted peach for strawberries since she's not suppose to have nuts/seeds or anything that would get caught in the pockets) ~ she LOVED it! THANKS!!! . . . Oh Robyn says thanks too! And to everyone else too!

She decided she didn't need the pain med yesterday...only took it on Friday. She said it sore, but not bad. She got a few extra crumbs packed in her cheeks (but if you didn't know what she looked like before, you wouldn't even know) like a "baby" chipmunk. When she showered yesterday morning she got a little dizzy, but that's it. No bruising! She was happy about that...since her appt at DMV is on Tuesday to get her drivers license (eek!). She got a pretty good size bruise where they put the I-V in...small veins.

I just re-read my post...I forgot to mention my DH's BD & 1st day of school was last Monday and I also had an Open House on Wednesday...no wonder I had a headache by the end of the week!

Thanks again everyone ~ I love this forum!!!

Oh...Robyn says for those of you who haven't tried KG's smoothie . . . :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

DO IT! It's the BEST!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

YW! I'm glad it worked out, especially since I'm still dripping from that bucket of cold water.You can put just about any kind of fruit in there (trust me, plums don't work very well) but I always put in a banana because I need the potassium.Now that I think about it, pumpkin, tomato and coffee wouldn't work very well, either. (Yes, coffee is a fruit.) I wonder how watermelon, green pepper, eggplant, cucumber, or squash might work? Okay, so not ALL fruits work so well in a fruit smoothie.

Eeewwww squash in a smoothie? Uh...YUCK! I like squash...but I don't think it would be very good in this!

OMG KG ~ while I was in the waiting room on Friday...I heard the Office Manager (BTW she booked a party :D ~ going to do an office party on Friday the 7th!!! since they only work until about 1 PM) giving someone a rough estimate. He was getting all of his teeth extracted, dentures, etc. Some like 19 teech extractions, anesthesia, office visit...in the $5-6K range :yuck: plus the cost of the dentures! Yikes! Here I was complaining about the out of pocket of $1094.00! You're going to have to have a LOT more shows to cover yours! But I guess right now, you're not doing many shows, right? Might scare them away? :eek:

Well, Robyn just woke up...more pain :( today than yesterday, taking the Vicadin this morning! More swelling today too...looking like an adult chipmunk today!

I'm just going to go to Toys R Us and get a set of clockwork teeth.

http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/images/teeth3.gif

I'd be willing to pay good money to see that. :)

1. What is "What a Night! Waring"?

"What a Night! Waring" is a Pampered Chef theme that was inspired by the iconic phrase "Waring Blender", which was coined by the company's founder, Doris Christopher. This theme is all about celebrating and enjoying delicious food with friends and family.

2. What can I expect from a "What a Night! Waring" party?

At a "What a Night! Waring" party, you can expect to have a fun and interactive cooking experience. Our Pampered Chef consultants will show you how to make delicious recipes using our high-quality kitchen tools and products. You will also have the opportunity to try out the products and purchase them if you wish.

3. Do I need to have any cooking experience to attend a "What a Night! Waring" party?

Absolutely not! Our parties are designed for people of all cooking levels. Our consultants will guide you through the recipes and provide helpful tips and tricks along the way. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, you will have a great time at our parties.

4. Can I host a "What a Night! Waring" party at my home?

Yes, you can! Hosting a "What a Night! Waring" party at your home is a great way to gather your friends and family and have a fun and unique experience together. Our consultants will bring all the necessary ingredients and cooking tools, so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the party.

5. How can I book a "What a Night! Waring" party?

You can book a "What a Night! Waring" party by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting our website and using our "Find a Consultant" tool. Our consultants are always happy to help you plan and host a memorable party that your guests will love.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • jst4467