• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Robyn's Determination Pays Off: A Mom's Tale

In summary, Robyn's 16 year old daughter failed her driver's test because she was on vicadin and taking it at the same time. Her male examiner said she should be back in about 15 minutes, but she was gone for over an hour. Robyn's son passed his driving test when he was 22. Robyn's daughter was surprised when one of the female examiners was wearing leggings and an oversized T-shirt.
Kitchen2u
You're going to get a kick out of this . . .

Robyn got her wisdom teeth out Fri ~ took vicadin on Fri, not needed on Sat, but needed on Sun. So I tell her, "I'm going to have to cancel your driver's test on Tues ~ you can't be on vicadin and taking the test." ~~ "NO! I will NOT be on vicadin...if my teeth hurt...oh well, I'll have to deal with it!" ~~ "You can't take it on Mon or Tues, honey..." ~~ "That's okay, I'll be fine."

Determined, huh?

Tuesday afternoon 3:30 appt. Got to DMV 15 mins early as instructed to do so. An examiner comes back from a test..."nope, she failed ~ she backed on to the curb and onto the grass!" (Robyn hears this and looks at me with a "oh, no" look on her face)...waiting in the car for her test...another examiner comes back.."No he didn't pass" (Robyn hears this and looks at me again).

Her examiner (male) comes, does the usual pre-test stuff...looks at me and says "should be back in about 15 minutes" ~ 3:35 PM they take off...

2 cars come in who took off after Robyn

3:50...no sign

1 more car comes in

3:55...no sign

I'm thinking...it's only 5 minutes Gin, relax

ANOTHER car comes in

4:00 PANIC starts to set in...I call Robert "what the heck...it's been 25 minutes...do you think she got into an accident?" Robert's TRYING to assure me it's okay .... as I'm rambling on..."okay...okay...okay...I'll call you when she comes in..."

4:05 still nothing

2 more cars come in!!!

Okay...I'm beyond panic now...I stopped the examiner..."should I be worried, because I AM!" She said, they're probably okay...don't worry ~ WHAT THE HECK TO DO YOU MEAN DON'T WORRY (I'm thinking to myself) ~~ the examiner was a MALE, my daughter is FEMALE...things are really starting to freak me out! I took her cell phone, so if something happened, she couldn't call me if she wanted to...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 more car comes in...

4:08 FINALLY she pulls into the driveway and parks...they sit in the car for about 5 minutes...she gets out...not smiling...Uh, Oh...not a good sign...about 10 feet from me, she breaks out a HUGE smile...Phew, I can breathe now! WAIT! Never mind...I'll be holding my breath when we let her drive on her own...until she comes home safely!

On the way home I'm telling her this ~ she's cracking up at me "Oh Mom, you're too much!" Apparently they ran into some bad traffic and was stuff for a little bit...

...I thought the second one (Robyn's 16 and Ryan's 22!) would have been easier ~ NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ! ! ! ! !

poor ginny... I would have totally been worried too! but congrats for your daughter and congrats for you to not have to drive her everywhere now and to be able to send her on errands for you (that was my mom's favorite part of me turning 16) :D

ROFL that is too funny!!!

I needed a laugh tonight! That is great! I bet your daughter is beside herself!

Ginny....you sound just like me! I can laugh because I would have been thinking the SAME scenerios!!

Glad she passed!

Congratulations on her passing! I bet she was so excited.

I'm happy for her.Honestly, I have only one son. If he left for a driving test and was gone for over half an hour, I'd be concerned, too. I don't tend to be a worrier, but I am aware of all the things that can happen. Once she is a mom (many, many years from now), she'll understand why you worried.

Believe me, I wasn't laughing :cry: at the time...but sure am now! :D :D My Mom said..."your worrying is just beginning honey!" :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: So right!!! :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

FunnyWas the guy cute? I would have been happy to have been stuck in traffic with a cute guy during my driving test when I was her age.:D Heck I'd be happy to be stuck in traffic with a cute guy now;) ;)

Check out the photo in the HBOT thread, then ask Robyn if she'd like to drive my tank this afternoon. ;)

rennea said:
Was the guy cute? I would have been happy to have been stuck in traffic with a cute guy during my driving test when I was her age.:D Heck I'd be happy to be stuck in traffic with a cute guy now;) ;)

Uhhh NOOOOOOOO ~ he looked like I could have seen his picture on the the Most Wanted wall at the postoffice! But he was really nice. They dress pretty scrubbie!!! I was surprised. On of the female examiners had on leggings and an oversized T-shirt...out of style plus the leggings were 5 sizes too small...LOL

Kitchen2u said:
Uhhh NOOOOOOOO ~ he looked like I could have seen his picture on the the Most Wanted wall at the postoffice! But he was really nice. They dress pretty scrubbie!!! I was surprised. On of the female examiners had on leggings and an oversized T-shirt...out of style plus the leggings were 5 sizes too small...LOL

Agh!! To bad for her:D Most have seemed longer for your daughter then:D

Congrats on her passing! :thumbup: I'm so glad I still have at least 13 years before my kids start driving... I'll be a nervous wreck! lol :D

Kitchen2u said:
Kitchen2u said:
Oh my God :eek: ...spittin' image of Robyn's DMV examiner! :yuck: ~~~~~~ JK! :p You're cute! :D
Hmmmmmm.

I think I've just been insulted. :(

ahammons said:
Congrats on her passing! :thumbup: I'm so glad I still have at least 13 years before my kids start driving... I'll be a nervous wreck! lol :D
That's the origin of Carolyn's location. See this post to see it.

Q: What's lays on the bottom of Lake Superior and shivers?

A: A nervous wreck.

On the dress issue... our examiners have uniforms very similar to our highway patrol officers... what in the world is going on with leggins and sloppy dressing??? That certainly doesn't speak well to teens and others who are getting their license. Amazing!

I'm glad I'm not an examiner - I'd never be able to wear a dress.

That is so funny....I thought you were going to say that it took longer because she was doing so well and that he was trying to fail her..lol

I could not imagine being stuck in traffic with my driving instructor...my dad knew who he was (hmmm...wonder if that's how i passed :) but I had this fear if I talked to him he would think I was not paying attention and fail me.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hmmmmmm.

I think I've just been insulted. :(

Just Kiddinggggggggggggggggggg KG! ! !

quiverfull7 said:
On the dress issue... our examiners have uniforms very similar to our highway patrol officers... what in the world is going on with leggins and sloppy dressing??? That certainly doesn't speak well to teens and others who are getting their license. Amazing!

TOTALLY Agree Diane...State workers here always get a bad rap...go figure! I used to work for the State (California) ~ dressed to the nines M-Th...Friday was jeans day...but my jeans were NICE ones...If you want respect, you'e got to earn it...appearance is the KEY! First impressions!

What is "Robyn's Determination Pays Off: A Mom's Tale"?

"Robyn's Determination Pays Off: A Mom's Tale" is a heartwarming story about a mother's journey of determination and perseverance as she navigates the challenges of balancing motherhood, career, and personal growth.

Who is the author of "Robyn's Determination Pays Off: A Mom's Tale"?

The author of "Robyn's Determination Pays Off: A Mom's Tale" is Robyn Smith, a working mom and consultant for Pampered Chef.

Is "Robyn's Determination Pays Off: A Mom's Tale" a true story?

Yes, "Robyn's Determination Pays Off: A Mom's Tale" is based on the real-life experiences of the author, Robyn Smith, and her journey as a working mom.

Can I purchase "Robyn's Determination Pays Off: A Mom's Tale" as a gift for a friend or family member?

Absolutely! "Robyn's Determination Pays Off: A Mom's Tale" makes a great gift for any mom or mom-to-be who is looking for inspiration and motivation in their own journey of motherhood.

Does Pampered Chef offer any other books or products related to motherhood?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of cookbooks and kitchen tools that are perfect for busy moms who are looking for quick and easy meal solutions. We also offer a line of children's cookbooks and cooking tools to help parents and kids bond over cooking and meal preparation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jst4467
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
koima
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl