• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's in Store for the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?

if you can live without chocolate that is).Is dark chocolate a vegetable? Yes, dark chocolate is a vegetable.
Brandi; aren't team meetings great for that?! We have another meeting next week, as well as one the week before we leave.

Cathy; what hotel are you staying at? I'm at the Sheraton....& I"m no good at organizing things either!
I think I'm going shopping this weekend, my mom & I are going to a river-festival out of town where they actually have stores besides the dollar stores:rolleyes:

Hey, 39:)

Lacy~ uhhhhh...... ummmmmm...... I don't know! My Advanced director has it all set up! I know I have a room because I was one of the first to tell her to count me in! I need to e-mail her and find out.
Now, if worse comes to worse we can just make an announcement of where we'll be and invite everyone and see what happens from there! Most of the time the ladies that I'm with stay in one of the main hotels. I'll find out and let you know!
39 days! I can't wait!
My daugher is counting down her own countdown, today is her field trip, tomorrow is her birthday, and I always take in a really huge Choc.Chip cookie made on the lg rnd stone, decorated with chocolate frosting and happy birthday on it! I've done it for my son for years and last year I was going to do it for my daughter and she came down with strep throat the afternoon before her birthday!
I also make for her whatever she'd like for dinner, this year it's breakfast for dinner! Pancakes, eggs, country fried potatoes, sausage, bacon and english muffins! And of course it will be served on the Celebrate plate because that's our tradition! Dang I'm going to be pooped by the end of tomorrow night!

And then she's excited about Saturday, cause that's her party! So tomorrow I'll be working ALL day in the kitchen. Cause I need to make her cupcakes, and she wants me to make her and ice cream cake! oh boy! this is my first!
Wish me luck....!:)

Last edited:
lacychef said:
I'm at the Sheraton

I'm staying at the Sheraton too!

I would love to attend a meet-n-great! I'd be willing to help out.

My group is at the Sheraton as well. We should set up a time to meet!!

I'm at the Sheraton, too! (Like how I just invite myself?!)

Yeah Anne, I will finially get to meet you. You didn't stay at the Sheraton last year did you?

Invite yourself, that's what I did.:)

Awesome! Sounds like lots of us are at the same hotel:) We stayed there 2 yrs ago; I know there's a restaurant with an outdoor patio.....hmmm

Cathy, how old is your daughter turning? My dd turns 8 :)eek: ) next Thursday. We're having her first slumber party & will have 7 other girls. We're having a hula party--we went crazy with the Oriental Trading magazine--got leis & grass skirts for each girl & they'll hula to a DVD my parents brought back from Hawaii, then they're going to limbo (my dad made a limbo pole out of some wood & pvc pipe he had)....not sure what else yet, but it will look festive with fake palm trees, parrot, flowers....oh boy!

38 days! :D

outdoor patio, huh?! Hmmmm does sounds very intriguing (sp?)

Lacy, my daughter is 7 today! We are not doing a big party, just family. I think maybe next year we'll think about it! And the thought of that many little girls in my house.... scary.... my 11 year old son would freak!!!!
But we'll see! I just might do it to torture him! :eek: J/K!:D LOL!

It's a hamburger place, and let me tell you how good that burger was. It was a little $$ like $9 but it was so good.

I'm staying at Embassy Suites... anyone else???

lacychef said:
Brandi; aren't team meetings great for that?! We have another meeting next week, as well as one the week before we leave.

Cathy; what hotel are you staying at? I'm at the Sheraton....& I"m no good at organizing things either!
I think I'm going shopping this weekend, my mom & I are going to a river-festival out of town where they actually have stores besides the dollar stores:rolleyes:

Hey, 39:)
I got an answer. I'm at the Sheraton too!!!! yeah, I'm thinking it would be good to meet either Sunday night, if everyone will be there? or Tuesday night after the Excutive Banquets! I leave Wednesday night, I need to get back home, for my kids!
So what are all of you thinking about this, what day works best for everyone, Sunday or Tuesday?
Let me know if you want me to start a thread in wave 3 about a meet-n-greet ...cause not eveyone may be reading this thread!

I'm guessing Sunday would be the best for me. We're going on Saturday to goof off a day early. After our exec dinner sometimes my director has our cluster get-together...

Sunday I know our cluster is going to Dick's, and we are Navy Peer. What about the first Night after general ses. Lacy I love your quote about walking!! I need to change mine, because it didn't kill me yet.

37 DAYS!!! AND COUNTING!!!!:p

Monday would work too, I guess. I heard that the first general session won't be so long this year because they are spreading out the recognition through all three of the general sessions right? If this is the cast then the 1st night is fine with me!

Brandi2007 said:
I'm staying at Embassy Suites... anyone else???
Where is the Embassy Suites and how much is it costing you?

I would be happy to exchange cell #'s. Last year we stayed at Palmer. This year, I am bringing my husband. I would love to meet up, even if its just coffee!!

That's cool that your honey's coming Anne! I would die of shock if mine came!
I would be happy to exchange cell's too.....& I"m glad you said coffee! I don't drink coffee, but I'm more likely to meet at a coffeeshop than a bar!

Amanda, I hear ya....it didn't kill me yet either! I think I was trying to hard to get director maybe....I just think it will happen if/when it's meant to be:( :)

I'm getting ready to go shopping today:)

Embassy Suites is almost right around the corner from the Sheraton. My Team has stayed there before because the rooms are a lot bigger.Lacy, I am starting to think when it's time it will happen.Anne I would love to meet for Coffee, lately I can't get enough.

36 days! I'm just about game for anything as far as meeting goes, just let me know!

I want to meet too! I'll keep checking back to see what gets firmed up!

I'm at the Sheraton too!!! See ya there!

Ginny Syphax
Elk Grove, CA

lacychef said:
That's cool that your honey's coming Anne! I would die of shock if mine came!I would be happy to exchange cell's too.....& I"m glad you said coffee! I don't drink coffee, but I'm more likely to meet at a coffeeshop than a bar!:)

My thoughts exactly on all the bolded stuff!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee! So I'm game for that! Maybe the very first day! Monday! ohhh I likey this idea! If everyone who wants to meet, can make it, let's do it! And an extra bonus would be that it would be before conference officially started and then we'd all know each other and if we see each other in the halls, workshops, luncheons, general session.... you get where I'm going with this....right? Then we'd recognize each other and could chat some more!
What do you think of that? It needs to be gooooood coffee though! I love a good STRONG cup of coffee. Love my lattes! (sp?) And Spokane has an espresso stand on almost every corner!:eek: :D :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Those of us who are not Directors yet could meet at the McCormick on Monday before classes begin. Anyone else coming in on Sunday? I'm staying at the Hilton.

Yes, that's true...us non-directors (yet) can meet Monday morning! We won't have to be at the conference until after lunch.
I went shopping yesterday & got 2 outfits for conference:D I found some cute stuff at Target of all places! Man, if you want a confidence booster; I found a brand of clothes there that obviously runs small! I got a size 6 skirt that is so cute & I usually wear a 8-10.....then of course the confidence went away when I tried on a swimsuit.....:rolleyes: :p
I have a team meeting tonight with my director....I'm sure we'll be talkin' conference:)

Lacy,
Where in KS are you? My family is in Wichita and Clearwater?

Kristi

:) I am at the Hilton.

35 days!!!!
It's getting closer and closer! My freind who is also my neighbor, brought me over a bag full of dress pants!!! I only need to hem up the pant legs because she's taller than me and maybe go find a few shirts and a sweater or a cute business style blazer type thing!
I also need to go buy some shoes NOW and get them broke in BEFORE conference! I hope to find something comfortable but classy!

As I said before, I'm game to anything Monday morning! I'd also be willing to meet up again, time permitting, for people who are directors!:)

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:
Lacy,
Where in KS are you? My family is in Wichita and Clearwater?

Kristi

I'm right smack in the middle of the state! About 2 hours northwest of Wichita.

34 days!!!
Can't wait! Struggling with the weight loss thing! Damn Ice Cream Cake!:(
I need to get serious! I have done the south beach diet and did really good with it, and I want to do it again. My only problem is that in the morning the only thing that is a morning food to me is eggs and some mornings I can't stomach the thought of eggs!

MissChef said:
34 days!!!
Can't wait! Struggling with the weight loss thing! Damn Ice Cream Cake!:(
I need to get serious! I have done the south beach diet and did really good with it, and I want to do it again. My only problem is that in the morning the only thing that is a morning food to me is eggs and some mornings I can't stomach the thought of eggs!
I know what you mean. I can eat anything at any time, so there have been mornings that I had chicken or steak for breakfast. Its actually best to eat the larger meals in the morning.

There are other things you can have, packed with protein that would be good for the morning. Yogurt, plain, low fat, 12 grams protein per 8 ounce2278-oz container. My nutritionist also highly recommends the EAS Edge Carb Control bars. Some of them aren't that bad and they keep me full--and I can chow down!

Wow! Thanks Anne! I do love protein bars! And I've been wondering which ones would be best! So thank you! I do like yogurt too, it just doesn't feel me up for long! But I guess I can buy some cottage cheese too. Thanks for the tips!

33:D
I know, I'm struggling with losing this tummy too....

MissChef said:
Wow! Thanks Anne! I do love protein bars! And I've been wondering which ones would be best! So thank you! I do like yogurt too, it just doesn't feel me up for long! But I guess I can buy some cottage cheese too. Thanks for the tips!
Happy to help! I had my weigh in last night. I started seeing the nutritionist on April 30th. To date I am down 16 pounds. Dave has lost 20.

Just watch your sugar and carbs--switch to whole wheat where possible and eat lighter in the evening than you do in the AM.

Wahoooo 33! We are almost to only a month left! My hubby tried to come home the other night and tell me about his boss trying to set up some training for him in the next month or 2 and quickly told him "not July 15-18! He said "well, I can't help when he sets it up!" Well, I gave it right back to him! Cause yes he can help it! He is 2nd in command at his work and has a kosher little office set up right next to the boss and they are always talking! I told him "yes you will make sure that he doesn't schedule anything for that time because you said I could go, and I have scheduled everything and I am not canceling now! You told me you marked it off on your calendar and you need to take that calendar into your boss and show him the "no, I can't dates"! He got the message and backed down! Most of the time I will not go against him much because he is a great guy and a great hubby, but this time he got told in no uncertain terms that if he (and his boss) made these plans, he needed then to figure out propper care for the kids and he would be the one to miss his class not me, or he can take the kids with him and make sure they are well taken care of!
He quit arguing! And I am planning a visit to his office today or tomorrow to take him to lunch and to "remind" his boss that those days DO NOT WORK!:)

How funny Cathy--did you dh get the hint that you're just a little excited?!

He's catching on!!! I don't let my excitement out toooo much at home, I don't want them to think I'm just soooo excited to leave them! Cause really I'm not and I'm torn! I love my kids and my hubby more than life it's self! But I do look forward to time for me and my business without all the responsibilities, plus it's good for my kids to know they can rely on Daddy just as much!
I let my excitement out her and I'm so thankful for this site! Cause I know you all know how I feel!:D ;)
32 days!

Seriously...... I can't watch the countdown anymore.......... ACK! I'm so NOT ready! And I have no business casual clothes! I work in an office by MYSELF, so I just wear jeans and tshirt.... THAT is business casual to me ;)

I really gotta go shopping........

:D celeste.... no one is making you look in here... LOL!!!! :p Or can you feel me twisting your arm from over here.... look in here, Celeste, look in here! Can you hear the erie music playing.....ROTFL!!:D You know you want to be part of the fun! Now everytime you get on here you will have to come looking for this thread, cause I have now made it my personal mission to tease you! J/K!:D ;) :p
Seriously...... you'll be ready though! Even if you are like me and wait until like the last day or 2 to get ready you'll do it! I better not wait that long... this year....I have like 2-3 show that week before conference!
You'll do okay! Keep looking in here, it will keep you on track and keep the firecracker lit for you!:eek: :D

Last edited:
OUCH!!!!!!! You're hurting my arm with all that twisting!!!!!! ;)

HEY! I'll get to meet another Washington cheffer ;) And I'll know who to send people to over that way, if I'm unable to get there!!!!!

How did this come so fast!? Seems like yesterday we had 2 months to go! I need to shop! I need to organize! I need business cards! And I NEED TWO SHOWS BEFORE WE LEAVE! lol But I am so incredibly excited! Don't get me wrong! i just get all frantic when i am not prepared. Time to hit the stores!

31 days! Are you checking Celeste? 31 days!!!!! I know you're peeking!:eek: :D

wouldn't it be funny if I counted wrong in the beginning & we're off a day?! LOL, I was just thinking about that:rolleyes:
I can't hardly wait.....my dh is actually not going to mind. Our girls are staying at my parents' while I'm gone, so he's going to have lots of peace & quiet; which makes him happy. I joked that he's more excited for me to leave now!

Lacy ~ You can count on the fact that I already checked your numbers! If you count today the # is right on, if you count from tomorrow and don't actually count today as one of the days then we are off and we leave in 30 days! So you pick whichever way you want me to count down! Because I am consistently getting on here everyday, even if I only have a minute, just so I can keep counting down!:D :eek: :rolleyes: ;)
As for leaving your kids with your parents, that is exactly what I wanted to do and I think I'm going to do that next year! My parents just moved to Tennessee and just made an offer on a house. If they stay there then I will do that next year, because for me to get a flight round trip from tennessee to chicago is only about $100. I'm going to see if they will help me next year by buying one of the kid's tickets so that it doesn't end up costing me to much money! This whole idea of taking the kids and I to see my parents will be one of the driving forces behind me doing really good this next year with PC! I have a fair that I signed up to do and I signedup for 6 shifts (we got a great deal, didn't cost much at all!) and I'm hoping to get a new customer base this fall. Of course I'll still work with my current customer base but I'm excited for the new leads to come too!
Anyway, I know that my husband will give me no grief at all about going next year if I can take the kids to my parents' house! It's hard on him when I leave because of the kids, he works early and gets home late! So it's just more difficult for him to be available for them!

I hope that works out for you next year! I'm lucky that my parents live 10 miles away, so they spend lots of time with my girls. They probably won't be ready to come home when I get home from Chicago;)

30 days! Oh my gosh starting tomorrow we will have less than a month! Wahooooooooo! 4 weeks from tomorrow we leave! Some of you may leave sooner but for me I leave at like 6:50 am! My hubby is going to freak when I tell him how early he has to get up and take me to the airport! But I have done it for him more times than I can count! And I've gone even earlier for him!:eek:
By the way, can you tell I'm getting excited?!:D :rolleyes: ;)

I'm not looking... you didn't see me here.... and since I'm actually leaving early, I have LESS than a month.....

sshhhh you didn't see me here....

29 days, here in the Eastern time zone!!! LOL

Sorry, I'm corny!:p :p :p :p

LOL! to both Anne and Celeste! You can do and say whatever you want Celeste, I do see you!..... I am a Mom! Go ask my kids, I have eyes in the back of my head and I see and know everything! LOL! Gosh, kids are funny!:)

AJPratt said:
29 days, here in the Eastern time zone!!! LOL

Sorry, I'm corny!:p :p :p :p

HA! Bragger:p
I'm glad I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn this year. My director will be here around 8:30-9am, then we have a couple other stops to pick people up, & drive to KC (about 3 1/2 hours away) to get on the airplane. Then it only takes an hour to get to Chicago:)

<H2>1. What is the date and location of the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?</H2><p>The Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago will be held on May 30, 2007 at an undisclosed location.</p><H2>2. How many days are left until the conference?</H2><p>As of today, there are 47 days left until the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago.</p><H2>3. Can anyone attend the conference or is it only open to Pampered Chef consultants?</H2><p>The conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants and their guests. Non-consultants are not permitted to attend.</p><H2>4. Is there a dress code for the conference?</H2><p>Yes, there is a dress code for the conference. All attendees are expected to dress in business casual attire. Please avoid wearing jeans, shorts, or flip flops.</p><H2>5. Will there be any special events or promotions at the conference?</H2><p>Yes, there will be special events and promotions at the conference. These will be announced closer to the date of the conference. Stay tuned for more information!</p>

Related to What's in Store for the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?

1. What is the date and location of the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?

The Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago will be held on May 30, 2007 at an undisclosed location.

2. How many days are left until the conference?

As of today, there are 47 days left until the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago.

3. Can anyone attend the conference or is it only open to Pampered Chef consultants?

The conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants and their guests. Non-consultants are not permitted to attend.

4. Is there a dress code for the conference?

Yes, there is a dress code for the conference. All attendees are expected to dress in business casual attire. Please avoid wearing jeans, shorts, or flip flops.

5. Will there be any special events or promotions at the conference?

Yes, there will be special events and promotions at the conference. These will be announced closer to the date of the conference. Stay tuned for more information!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • JAE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkspeir