• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's in Store for the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?

if you can live without chocolate that is).Is dark chocolate a vegetable? Yes, dark chocolate is a vegetable.
Here's the information for the site of lunch on Monday at McCormick.

The Plate Room Food Court, located on level 2.5 of the South building, offers an interesting array of items available to take on the run or to be enjoyed in the adjacent seating area. Six food concepts are available at this location, including Little Italy, Antipasto Bar, Pacific Rim, the American Grill, The Carvery and Fiesto Bravo. So whether you are craving a gourmet sandwich or salad, Mandarin Orange Chicken with Fried Rice or an authentic Pastrami Reuben, you can find it all at the Plate Room Food Court.

We had talked about meeting at 11:30 but I think I'll try to be there at 11:00. . . there are a few "talkers" in this group. This can be an early (pre-workshop) lunch or breakfast. . .depending on which part of the country you are from.

Here's a link (I hope) for an interactive floor plan of McCormick.
http://www.mccormickplace.com/floorplans/map_index.html

Just kidding Ann!:p

9 for Sundayers~!
8 for Saturdayers~!

Everyone is posting again! Yeah!

chefjeanine said:
Here's the information for the site of lunch on Monday at McCormick.

The Plate Room Food Court, located on level 2.5 of the South building, offers an interesting array of items available to take on the run or to be enjoyed in the adjacent seating area. Six food concepts are available at this location, including Little Italy, Antipasto Bar, Pacific Rim, the American Grill, The Carvery and Fiesto Bravo. So whether you are craving a gourmet sandwich or salad, Mandarin Orange Chicken with Fried Rice or an authentic Pastrami Reuben, you can find it all at the Plate Room Food Court.

We had talked about meeting at 11:30 but I think I'll try to be there at 11:00. . . there are a few "talkers" in this group. This can be an early (pre-workshop) lunch or breakfast. . .depending on which part of the country you are from.

Here's a link (I hope) for an interactive floor plan of McCormick.
http://www.mccormickplace.com/floorplans/map_index.html
Thank you!!! I will be there about 11:00 ish too! yay! Can't wait to meet the few us that can do this! Then we will already be even more comfortable when we meet at night!:)
I'm getting soooooososososo excited!!!!!!!!!!:D

Did I mention that I was gettting soooooososososo excited! LMBO!!! Haha! There I go creating my own words again!!!!:rolleyes: :D LOL!

I am getting excited too!

Last year was my first and I was in Wave 1 - I know it won't be easy, but I want to be totally surprised when we get there - so I am wondering if I should stay off CS so that I don't accidentally read any spoiler threads...

What are all you planning on doing? Am I the only one that is worried about this?

Will I need to check in to see what the plans are for the meet up?

I am so torn - it is hard to stay off for so long!

Technically we are not allowed to post any spoiler threads during National Conference times! If that is done, they are suppossed to delete them, Deb and Greg are the admins so they delete them. So you can check on here!

Last edited:
I think at one point, someone collected emails and mailed out updates.
I am finally OK with the fact that Dave isn't going and I'll have the room to myself, unless someone desperately needs a room.

I am getting excited for my first conference. I went and bought new clothes today for the trip. I can't wait. I am a little concerned about the Executive Banquet. Our theme is come dressed like your dream. What in the world am I suppose to dress like. I know I would like to have PC become my full time and be able to stay home with my kids, but how am I suppose to dress like that?!

Anne, I feel for you having to pay that much for just you in the room! I guess you won't have to worry about hogging the bathroom or anything, lol!

Sara, I know! It's a cool theme, but I am clueless as what to dress as. My goal was to be a stay at home mom too.....I had the thought of bringing on of my dds' baby dolls:D But that might be a little embarassing! We have one week to decide:eek:

Normally, I wouldn't want to pay for that, but we were going to pay it, anyway. Plus, if I visit a few Coffee Houses I can use the trip as part of my capital injection for my loan. I have to look at the schedule. I'm sure I'll have some free time.

AJPratt said:
Normally, I wouldn't want to pay for that, but we were going to pay it, anyway. Plus, if I visit a few Coffee Houses I can use the trip as part of my capital injection for my loan. I have to look at the schedule. I'm sure I'll have some free time.
hey, our meeting is in a 'coffee house' right?!:)

Yep! I think I could getaway with it if I hit a few of them, bring back menus, receipts. I have to admit that I didn't think of it. My brother said that travel is part of an investment in my business. I don't think that far ahead.

so is that the "official" meeing place? I never have gotten the final confirmation! I need to have all my ducks in a row! I'm sorta anal like that!:eek: I talked to my director this morning and we don't have any plans Monday night, so if anyone else is without a plan Monday night, I'd do dinner with them before our "meeting!":D Anyone?:D

Chef Ritz said:
I am getting excited for my first conference. I went and bought new clothes today for the trip. I can't wait. I am a little concerned about the Executive Banquet. Our theme is come dressed like your dream. What in the world am I suppose to dress like. I know I would like to have PC become my full time and be able to stay home with my kids, but how am I suppose to dress like that?!

3 words....

Jammies

And

Slippers!!

:D

Though, I don't know that your Exec Director would like that too much!

LOL!!!

MissChef said:
so is that the "official" meeing place? I never have gotten the final confirmation! I need to have all my ducks in a row! I'm sorta anal like that!:eek: I talked to my director this morning and we don't have any plans Monday night, so if anyone else is without a plan Monday night, I'd do dinner with them before our "meeting!":D Anyone?:D
Sorry, if I missed your post asking... lots of things going on here. Its official:
ATTN WAVE 3 CHEFFERS: WAVE 3 MEET UP IS AT THE JAVA BAR @ THE SHERATON, MONDAY NIGHT FROM 8 TO 10PM. There is also an informal lunch Monday as well.

Like your new pic AnnSara & Lacy I too am struggling with the ED Banquet Dream theme. I'll have to come up with something and quick!

Thanks, Christy!

7 more days till I go to Chicago!!

YIPPEE!!!!! Everyone else heading in on Sunday?

pcchris said:
Though, I don't know that your Exec Director would like that too much!

LOL!!!
Oh, she would go for anything! Kelly is very awesome; the last 2 years the theme was beach party & there were a few that actually came in their swimsuits:eek:

pcchris said:

Saturday for me:D

I don't think our exec (Robin Shilling) is doing anything, theme-wise.

AJPratt said:
I don't think our exec (Robin Shilling) is doing anything, theme-wise.
I haven't heard of her doing anything! I'm with you there, I'm in her banquet too, are you going to go now? I hope so!

7 for Sundayers~!
6 for Saturdayers~!

I changed this because it is less that a week for Saturdayers so 7 days didn't seem appropriate! I think it was counted from when the official day conference started not from when we arrived! And the arrival date seems just as exciting as the day it starts! IMO! I'm just going to be happy to have "me" time!
And as I wrote in the "Wave 3 meet up poll" I have got a lot to do so I won't be on here much!

Last edited:
pcchris said:

I am!!!! When do you get in? I get there (O'Hare) around 12:15ish

AJPratt said:
Sorry, if I missed your post asking... lots of things going on here. Its official:
ATTN WAVE 3 CHEFFERS: WAVE 3 MEET UP IS AT THE JAVA BAR @ THE SHERATON, MONDAY NIGHT FROM 8 TO 10PM. There is also an informal lunch Monday as well.
YAY! WAHOOOOO:D :D !!! I'm so excited! I can't wait to meet you all!!!!
I am just one of those people that need a plan in place!:D :eek: :rolleyes:

MissChef said:
I haven't heard of her doing anything! I'm with you there, I'm in her banquet too, are you going to go now? I hope so!
I might go. But, if I do and there is a seating issue like last year, I'm outta there.

I like to know what I'm doing, too, but wanted to make sure everyone was able to give their input, so I wanted to wait. Ya never know, someone might have a better idea than me, shocking, right? And, I can't wait to meet you!

AJPratt said:
I like to know what I'm doing, too, but wanted to make sure everyone was able to give their input, so I wanted to wait. Ya never know, someone might have a better idea than me, shocking, right? And, I can't wait to meet you!

You did GREAT! I like to have a plan too. I'll just feel a little better when I get a "plan" for getting there. :cool:

7 Days!!!!
I am getting excited!

*****Less than 48 hours til Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix!******

Last edited:
Its almost here!

6 more days for me! I arrive Sunday!!

AJPratt said:
I might go. But, if I do and there is a seating issue like last year, I'm outta there.
What happened last year?

lacychef said:
What happened last year?
At our exec dinner there weren't enough seats. People were saving them for people who didn't even show up. We ound up with a great place to sit, but I just don't want the aggravation, ya know?

6 for Sundayers~!
5 for Saturdayers~!
Closer and closer!

AJPratt said:
At our exec dinner there weren't enough seats. People were saving them for people who didn't even show up. We ound up with a great place to sit, but I just don't want the aggravation, ya know?
You know, I heard that this is what happens at Robin's banquets! Gosh, I wish my executive hadn't lost a director, because I wish it was her banquet I was going to, because she's always given a really good banquet! I just hope Robin's is worth it, because with Pauleen's (my executive), it was always one of my very favorite parts of conference! Yikes:eek: now I'm nervous! Especially considering you said exactly what I've heard from others!!!:(

I know my director isn't going, so I'll be pretty much by myself, I know some extended cluster mates, but I guess I'll just see how I feel.

why isn't your director going? For the same reasons you just told me?
I hope it's worth it! If not, I might try to go with my hospitality director to hers! :rolleyes: I guess I'll decide when I'm there, and depending on what the rest of my cluster does?!

The food was kinda crappy, too. It was a nice choice, but it was presented half cooked and not that great. So, I don't know.

5 for Sundayers~!
4 for Saturdayers~!
I can hardly sit still!:D :D :eek: :eek: :p ;) :D

FIVE DAYS???? :eek:

I have to do some minor alterations on my clothes, finish cleaning my house, pack my son's stuff (going to my sister's house), and do some serious host coaching!!!!

YIKES!!!!

I hear ya Deb.....and yet with so much to do, we still come catch up here!;)

DebbieJ said:
FIVE DAYS???? :eek:

I have to do some minor alterations on my clothes, finish cleaning my house, pack my son's stuff (going to my sister's house), and do some serious host coaching!!!!

YIKES!!!!
In one of these threads I did the exact same thing! I started going nuts naming all the things I needed to do, ! I'm still crazy but breathing a little better!
I need to do some serious host coaching too! I need to make that a priority and do the rest of the stuff regarding packing and whatnot at night when host coaching in unexceptable!:eek: ;)

gettng ready! Things seem to be going smooth... besides the nightmares! Every night it is something new... revolving around Chicago! My Scott says it is because I am living my days and nights thinking it over too much... just like I do with everything! LOL There is one where I get to Chicago and realize I only have $115 and my hotel cost $110 so I have $5 for the next 4 days! Funny now but not so in the dream!

I have also been keeping busy settnig up my mystery host show to take place while I am gone! 7 people committed so far! Still waiting to here from about 13! Even if it's not $1000 show it will still keep the business running!

Brandi: I ended up only having 7 people fulfill the $100 for my mystery host show and it closed at $1,252.00! I'm sure it will go great!

Okay looking forward to meeting my fellow wave 3 cheffers. Doing the countdown and the list to finish before I leave.Oh yah, I got my hair done today, absolutely love it.

So Are any of you Wave 3'ers gonna be there on Saturday? I am leaving at 4:30am on Sunday but would love to meet up with some of you if you get there Saturday!!!

;) :D
pamperedalf said:
Okay looking forward to meeting my fellow wave 3 cheffers. Doing the countdown and the list to finish before I leave.

Oh yah, I got my hair done today, absolutely love it.
I get mind done on Thursday! Yipppeeee!:D :p

MissChef

I get mind done on Thursday! Yipppeeee!

I love getting my hair done it's so reguvinating (SP). Can't wait to meet you ladies!! See you in less than a week. Oh I have way too much to do.

I think my gal cut 2 inches off my hair today.... she was excited! ROFL! She rarely trims up the ends, just cuts the front so it's not in my eyes.... She asked if she should wash it, or just cut and I had to laugh! It would have taken an hour to wash it and then get it brushed out, cut and dried..... she just had me stand up and cut off the ends so it wasn't fried-looking anymore.....

Time to start packing, I guess. Tomorrow I'm working out of town, so I'll do laundry when I get home and start packing my stuff away...... I'll have to get everything packed up by Friday afternoon so I can take it to my friends' house and make sure I'm under the weight limit ;) I will be taking 1 extra bag, that I will hopefully not need, except to fill with my dirty clothes....

Soooooo excited!

I sooo need to start packing. I leave my house Thursday night for the airport. (I have a 6:30am flight on Friday and the airport is 90 minutes away.) I basically don't have anything put together yet. I did have a good cluster meeting tonight though... we will use that as the excuse, I had to plan the meeting

soccermama said:
I think my gal cut 2 inches off my hair today.... she was excited! ROFL! She rarely trims up the ends, just cuts the front so it's not in my eyes.... She asked if she should wash it, or just cut and I had to laugh! It would have taken an hour to wash it and then get it brushed out, cut and dried..... she just had me stand up and cut off the ends so it wasn't fried-looking anymore.....

Time to start packing, I guess. Tomorrow I'm working out of town, so I'll do laundry when I get home and start packing my stuff away...... I'll have to get everything packed up by Friday afternoon so I can take it to my friends' house and make sure I'm under the weight limit ;) I will be taking 1 extra bag, that I will hopefully not need, except to fill with my dirty clothes....

Soooooo excited!

:eek: :eek: WHAT!?! Now there is a weight limit?:( :rolleyes: :eek: Oh geez....., I better get on United's website and read!:rolleyes: :eek:

<H2>1. What is the date and location of the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?</H2><p>The Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago will be held on May 30, 2007 at an undisclosed location.</p><H2>2. How many days are left until the conference?</H2><p>As of today, there are 47 days left until the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago.</p><H2>3. Can anyone attend the conference or is it only open to Pampered Chef consultants?</H2><p>The conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants and their guests. Non-consultants are not permitted to attend.</p><H2>4. Is there a dress code for the conference?</H2><p>Yes, there is a dress code for the conference. All attendees are expected to dress in business casual attire. Please avoid wearing jeans, shorts, or flip flops.</p><H2>5. Will there be any special events or promotions at the conference?</H2><p>Yes, there will be special events and promotions at the conference. These will be announced closer to the date of the conference. Stay tuned for more information!</p>

1. What is the date and location of the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?

The Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago will be held on May 30, 2007 at an undisclosed location.

2. How many days are left until the conference?

As of today, there are 47 days left until the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago.

3. Can anyone attend the conference or is it only open to Pampered Chef consultants?

The conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants and their guests. Non-consultants are not permitted to attend.

4. Is there a dress code for the conference?

Yes, there is a dress code for the conference. All attendees are expected to dress in business casual attire. Please avoid wearing jeans, shorts, or flip flops.

5. Will there be any special events or promotions at the conference?

Yes, there will be special events and promotions at the conference. These will be announced closer to the date of the conference. Stay tuned for more information!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • JAE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkspeir