• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's in Store for the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?

if you can live without chocolate that is).Is dark chocolate a vegetable? Yes, dark chocolate is a vegetable.
Actually I think we started counting for the day 1 of conference, not for when we leave!
I got my conference pack from my director yesterday-she's such a sweetie:) My dh was laughing at me as I was looking through it cause I was so excited.....he just doesn't understand!

lacychef said:
Actually I think we started counting for the day 1 of conference, not for when we leave!
I got my conference pack from my director yesterday-she's such a sweetie:) My dh was laughing at me as I was looking through it cause I was so excited.....he just doesn't understand!
They (husbands) don't get it!!!!! Mine just rolles his eyes at me! Don't care!! I'm still excited!
16 days for Sunday people
15 for Saturdayers! It's now an official word for me!!!

Wahoooooo!!!! I just can barely handle it!!! I SOOOOO NEED TO GET TO CHICAGO!:D :eek: :D I NEED GIRL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

15 Days For Sundayers!
14 For Saturdayers!!!:d :d

I was beginning to wonder where you went.... I thought maybe you left for Chicago early ;)

And we've decided that I am getting a NEW suitcase! My John doesn't want me to use my usual overnight bag because he said it looks terrible. And I came back with the fact that our suitcases look terrible. LOL So I'm getting rid of the ugly green things and I'm going to find a new suitcase. I really do get a lot of use out of these, because I travel for my other job, too...... so I'll find something I live.... probably just black, though......

oh.... I'm here, just laying low today!!!! We had our neighbor over last night for a barbecue because her hubby had to go out of town and she was telling me while we were on our walk yesterday morning that she was going to be bored.... well we invited her to dinner and my hubby took it upon his self to become our bartender!!! He was making us the best strawberry drinks, well the trick is they tasted so dang good, he was using fresh strawberries and all, and blending it with ice and a wine blender, and he then was slipping in shots of rum, anyway they were so good that we were drinking them like lemonade on a hot day!... Well, I'm a little hung over today! I don't drink much at all!!!! And that was too much for me yesterday! Yikes!:eek:
Both my hubby and I are laying very low today!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
OOPS ;) been there...... ugh!!!

Our neighbor has gotten us hooked on mojitos!

AJPratt said:
Our neighbor has gotten us hooked on mojitos!

That is so funny! I just posted a reply in another thread describing how to make one. I made my first tonight... got tired of only being able to have them at restaurants! YUMMY!!!!!;)

ughhhh.... stop talking about drinks!!!! :( :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: Not one thought about alcohol sounds yummy to me right now! :eek: :rolleyes: :)

:cool: The best mojito I ever had was at Catalina Restaraunt in Ft. Lauderdale. Also the most expensive meal :eek: I have ever had too

What is in a conference pack??? I am getting so exctied and hoping I am going to meet all of you. I better go to be through. I have to be at work at 8 and need to have my deposit ready for the bank.

I am excited that I now have a yellow star and I got in two shows for 'sharp items' Hope July will be even better.

I also got two more spots marked on our clutser summer bingo challenge

WOHOO!

I've been getting free Mojitos from My John's boss. Bacardi makes an awesome Mojito... in a bottle.... but then he sent home a 12 pack of CANS of Mojito on Friday ;) MMMMMM Good stuff (and I don't have to do the work to make one myself! lol)

soccermama said:
I've been getting free Mojitos from My John's boss. Bacardi makes an awesome Mojito... in a bottle.... but then he sent home a 12 pack of CANS of Mojito on Friday ;) MMMMMM Good stuff (and I don't have to do the work to make one myself! lol)
okay Celeste.... why do you call him My John :confused: I've wondered this for a while now, do tell!:)

LOL I keep forgetting that nobody here at CS knows that story.... it's a long story......

So, I've been posting on message boards for many years. Well, it took awhile for My John to understand that these people really are real, and they really are my friends. So then he started to care about how I refer to him.... he figured out that DH is dear/darn husband (depending on the mood, right? ;)) so he wanted something, too. Well, if I went with DJ (for dear/darn John), he thought people would assume I left him and was now with some guy named DJ.... LOL

After awhile, it became "My John" for a couple reasons... one of my fave reasons is my kids. When they would introduce us to someone (a teacher, a friend, etc...), they say "This is My Mom and this is My John" kinda like "my dad", but since he's not their dad, he's their John. Cute, huh? ;)

Another reason he's My John is that about half my friends also have a John..... so even when we're just sitting around talking, we all have to say things like "My John...." lol

So that's my weird little story :)

Kathy, my director always sends us that are going to conference a pack of goodies. This year she outdid herself....she sent a 3 ring binder with notebook paper to take notes & a page for each class to list what we learned etc, a checklist, a pencil bag with pens-pencils-bunch of stuff, and a cute personalized letter saying how excited she is for us to go. She had it stuck in a cute bag. Also in the bag is ziploc bags with tylenol, lotion, kleenex, all kinds of stuff. She's awesome:)

my senior director and director use to do so much for us and conference and we use to get all that stuff too Lacy! I wonder what will happen now, both of these ladies left the company so who know!:confused: :)

soccermama said:
LOL I keep forgetting that nobody here at CS knows that story.... it's a long story......

So, I've been posting on message boards for many years. Well, it took awhile for My John to understand that these people really are real, and they really are my friends. So then he started to care about how I refer to him.... he figured out that DH is dear/darn husband (depending on the mood, right? ;)) so he wanted something, too. Well, if I went with DJ (for dear/darn John), he thought people would assume I left him and was now with some guy named DJ.... LOL

After awhile, it became "My John" for a couple reasons... one of my fave reasons is my kids. When they would introduce us to someone (a teacher, a friend, etc...), they say "This is My Mom and this is My John" kinda like "my dad", but since he's not their dad, he's their John. Cute, huh? ;)

Another reason he's My John is that about half my friends also have a John..... so even when we're just sitting around talking, we all have to say things like "My John...." lol

So that's my weird little story :)
Okay, makes more sense now!!! The other way it can be taken is that he's "your john" (pimp!! you know???!!!:eek: :D :eek: !) LOL!!! I knew it wasn't that but if was still sorta freaking me out! So now that I get it, it's cute to me! Especially when I think of it in the idea of your kids introducing him that way and your friends having other "Johns!" I remember when I dated a guy named John for 2 1/2 years when I was a teenager and my Dad's best friend's name was John, so I use to call my boyfriend "my John" too!
So I do "get it" finally!:rolleyes: :D ;)

Last edited:
Oh and BTW!
14 days for Sundayers, 13 for Saturdayers!

Less than 2 weeks and counting!:D

I have a "my Scott"! Both my childrens father and my boyfriend are named scott so "my scott" makes it eassier to know who I am discussing! (although I do have choice names for the birth father...)

Brandi2007 said:
I have a "my Scott"! Both my childrens father and my boyfriend are named scott so "my scott" makes it eassier to know who I am discussing! (although I do have choice names for the birth father...)
LOL! ROTFLMBO! Isn't that the truth! but you have to be careful as to what you say and call him in front of the kids, I'm sure but I definetly can understand. I'm not divorced nor do I plan to be, but my Mom use to feel that way about my Dad!

No worries... They never hear anything but good about him.. Unfortunately they will learn on their own. They have a good role model now and that is all that matters.

Brandi2007 said:
No worries... They never hear anything but good about him.. Unfortunately they will learn on their own. They have a good role model now and that is all that matters.

I just went back and re-read what I wrote and I feel stupid! I didn't mean to make that like a lecture! Or some holier than Thou statement! I'm so not the one to judge! I should not have said "but", what I was trying to say is that how funny that you feel that way but that you probably have to keep that to your self because of the kids! And how hard that must be!!! especiall because of what arses ex's can be!!! Shoot, my own hubby drives me crazy sometimes and when we have our disagreements, how I want to go off on him and tell the kids what an arse he's being but I don't! So I can just imagine how much harder it must be on you and anyone with idiot ex's for that matter!
I hope this time I explained myself better!;)

I could come up with some "choice" words for my ex..... well, I *have* come up with them! lol

Glad you "get it" about My John now. ;)

Can you believe that 2 weeks from today we will KNOW what the NEW products are!??!?!?

^^ And we will almost know each other by now too! Yay!;)

YAY!!!!

I still don't know if I'll make it to any official meet ups... so make sure you get my cell phone number from Ann!!!

soccermama said:
YAY!!!!

I still don't know if I'll make it to any official meet ups... so make sure you get my cell phone number from Ann!!!
What????:confused: :confused: You just have to! did we determine if we had any workshops together?:confused:
I will definetely get your #

Yeah Cathy, after conference we'll chat on here & actually feel like we DO know each other:)

lacychef said:
Yeah Cathy, after conference we'll chat on here & actually feel like we DO know each other:)
Really, I know I will! I will be even more addicted to this place, after I meet a lot of you!:eek: Lord help me! I will need to set some serious boundaries because I have some big plans for this next year!

And to continue with the countdown.....
13 days for Sundayers and 12 for Saturdayers!
Just how much am I going to get teased for my made up names? :eek: :D :eek: :rolleyes:

I think that if we're meeting on Monday evening, I'll be able to pop in...

I'll go find my registration email and post it in that thread.

12 days for Sundayers
11 for Saturdayers!
I am getting soooooo darn excited..!!:D
Going tomorrow morning for somemore clothes! I need to get my check list together! I just have to figure out how to unglue myself from this darn site! :rolleyes: But I can't stay off right now! Not only conference excitement but I keep waiting for news about Paige.... :(

11 for Sunday
10 for Saturday!

Hey doesn't anyone post on this thread but me?????:confused:
Sorry so short.... my eyes hurt too much to be staring at this screen. Had an eye appt. today and they were dialated and it sucks!:( :rolleyes:

WOW a whole 24 hours and no one posted.

Wow! Someone else posted!!! Hi Anne!

I feel neglected over here in my little countdown thread! :p :rolleyes:

I'm counting down with you Cathy!
I'm a Sundayer!

I'm a Sundayer too...(nice word, Christy!)
I'm ridin' the train to Chi-town...and I'm really excited, but nervous about the whole conference thing! I can't believe that we leave NEXT SUNDAY! Woo HOO!!

I was gone all day today.......

and I'm going through a bit of missing my babies :( They're with their dad for 2 weeks...... and this has been the toughest time for me to ever send them!

I'm hoping that Conference will provide a bit of distraction from not being with my kiddos!

...... ok..... onto CONFERENCE NEWS! lol

I *think* I am done shopping now. I bought a pair of slacks (capris, but they're slacks, very business....), a nice shirt and skirt (not my first choice, but I was running out of time for shopping, and I found one that I could actually stand to wear! lol).... I also got a good score with a rolling piece of luggage. It's an Eddie Bauer bag and I got it for $20.01! It was supposed to be a 5-piece set for $200, but it only had the biggest piece for $20.01 ;) And that's the only one I needed! lol And I found a nice bag that looks like a huge purse, but is made for carrying a laptop! So I'll be able to do just ONE carryon bag, since I can put my wallet into it, along with a book and a magazine, too! YIPPEE!!!!

Now to start packing.....

Wow, 1 week from tomorrow I leave....yeah:D Sorry you felt alone Cathy! We're still here:)

MissChef said:
Wow! Someone else posted!!! Hi Anne!

I feel neglected over here in my little countdown thread! :p :rolleyes:
Hi!! LOL

(stupid length)

10 for Sundayers~!
9 for Saturdayers~!

Nice to see you all back! I don't feel so lonely!:D ;)

soccermama said:
I was gone all day today.......

and I'm going through a bit of missing my babies :( They're with their dad for 2 weeks...... and this has been the toughest time for me to ever send them!

I'm hoping that Conference will provide a bit of distraction from not being with my kiddos!

...... ok..... onto CONFERENCE NEWS! lol

I *think* I am done shopping now. I bought a pair of slacks (capris, but they're slacks, very business....), a nice shirt and skirt (not my first choice, but I was running out of time for shopping, and I found one that I could actually stand to wear! lol).... I also got a good score with a rolling piece of luggage. It's an Eddie Bauer bag and I got it for $20.01! It was supposed to be a 5-piece set for $200, but it only had the biggest piece for $20.01 ;) And that's the only one I needed! lol And I found a nice bag that looks like a huge purse, but is made for carrying a laptop! So I'll be able to do just ONE carryon bag, since I can put my wallet into it, along with a book and a magazine, too! YIPPEE!!!!

Now to start packing.....

Well, it looks like at least he (the ex) got back to you! At least you don't have to worry about not having care for your kids!
I will pray for your peace! :)
I have a few more things to get and then I'm done with my shopping too! I bought some comfy shoes yesterday and now I need one more pair and I need a black sweater, for conference rooms and then I'll buy the snacks next week! I'll get travel size supplies next week too!

I'm going with just Keds for my shoes.... I can't wear dressy shoes for more than about 10 minutes without my feet killing me. I suffer through my cooking shows so I look semi-professional, but all that walking would be the end of my poor ol' feet! So I have 3 colors of slipon keds, and I will bring some other shoes, just in case I decide I want to try to suffer through ;)

Yes, the ex finally called me, claiming he had not seen that I had called all the times before.... whatever :rolleyes: After what happened with our DD yesterday, I will be making sure he understands that things like that can happen, and that when I call, there's a reason and he needs to ANSWER HIS PHONE or call me back immediately! Thankfully yesterday was just my over-dramatic little girl being, well, over dramatic.... but it's a good time to make my point to him that things CAN and DO happen, every day. Hate to think about it, but as parents we need to live in the real world and be aware of things like this.....

ANYWAY...... I'll do laundry today and figure out which things I will NOT be wearing this next week and get those ready to pack. I need to make my list of other supplies to buy, too.....

I think I'm set for clothes, but just have to do a few tiny alterations on a couple things. Hopefully today or Sunday I'll shop for some undergarments. :)

I'll check the Metra schedule sometime this week....or convince DH to take a Sunday afternoon drive and drop me off.

I have to add my own countdown. I leave next Friday (yes wave 3) so I only have 1 week left. And I'm getting excited! I have family in Chicago, so I am going to stay with my Aunties for a couple of days first.

:confused: Does anyone know the amenities for the rooms at the Hilton Coffee pot for hote water, microwave, ice machine or mini-fridge etc.

I am trying to eat well or close to my diet while I am at conference. My usual weigh in is on Thursday :eek:

ShanaSmith said:
I have to add my own countdown. I leave next Friday (yes wave 3) so I only have 1 week left. And I'm getting excited! I have family in Chicago, so I am going to stay with my Aunties for a couple of days first.
Sounds like fun:D

Kathytnt said:
:confused: Does anyone know the amenities for the rooms at the Hilton Coffee pot for hote water, microwave, ice machine or mini-fridge etc.

I am trying to eat well or close to my diet while I am at conference. My usual weigh in is on Thursday :eek:
Hilton rooms have a mini coffee pot (4 cup). They also have mini fridges, but I think if you open them, they charge you. It's to cut down on theft from the mini bar. (Of course, I may be misremembering from last year)

Hey Ann, you're back on our wave 3 thread again:p

Sorry.shuffling off to the Wave 1 area.....

chefann said:
Sorry.

shuffling off to the Wave 1 area.....
You can stay as long as you'd like!!!

Kathytnt said:

Coffee pots & hair dryers. No microwave and no mini-fridge (a friend in another room had to request a fridge last year for breast milk storage :rolleyes: )

I would guess that they have ice machines somewhere. . . I've stayed there for a few years now and have just never gone looking.

<H2>1. What is the date and location of the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?</H2><p>The Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago will be held on May 30, 2007 at an undisclosed location.</p><H2>2. How many days are left until the conference?</H2><p>As of today, there are 47 days left until the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago.</p><H2>3. Can anyone attend the conference or is it only open to Pampered Chef consultants?</H2><p>The conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants and their guests. Non-consultants are not permitted to attend.</p><H2>4. Is there a dress code for the conference?</H2><p>Yes, there is a dress code for the conference. All attendees are expected to dress in business casual attire. Please avoid wearing jeans, shorts, or flip flops.</p><H2>5. Will there be any special events or promotions at the conference?</H2><p>Yes, there will be special events and promotions at the conference. These will be announced closer to the date of the conference. Stay tuned for more information!</p>

1. What is the date and location of the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago?

The Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago will be held on May 30, 2007 at an undisclosed location.

2. How many days are left until the conference?

As of today, there are 47 days left until the Pampered Chef Conference in Chicago.

3. Can anyone attend the conference or is it only open to Pampered Chef consultants?

The conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants and their guests. Non-consultants are not permitted to attend.

4. Is there a dress code for the conference?

Yes, there is a dress code for the conference. All attendees are expected to dress in business casual attire. Please avoid wearing jeans, shorts, or flip flops.

5. Will there be any special events or promotions at the conference?

Yes, there will be special events and promotions at the conference. These will be announced closer to the date of the conference. Stay tuned for more information!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • JAE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkspeir