• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Office and Paperwork Organizing Book

In summary, Janice wants help with office organizing, phone call and follow up organizing, and bookkeeping. She also wants to know what the specials were for the past 4 years. Stephanie Culp's book, "How to Get Organized When You Don't Have the Time," is a favorite of hers. Don Aslett's "Clutter's Last Stand" series is another favorite. She has been successful in releasing a lot of clutter by using www.flylady.com, but is still not reformed. Her husband would say that there has been no real change, but she remembers how bad it was before. She is currently working on releasing a lot of clutter by tossing documents that she has printed and is not using. She
jwpamp
Help! Does anyone have a favorite? I have always been a very organized person, but my business is growing so quickly that I can't keep up! (I know, what a problem, huh?)

Honestly, though, I need help with office organizing and phone call and follow up organizing....

Janice,
you sound exactly like me. I am excited that my business is going well, but I feel I coudl be so much more productive if I were more productive.

My all-time favorite getting organized book is "How to Get Organized When You Don't Have the Time" by Stephanie Culp. It has ideas for not just your office/business but for all over your house. I also have friends who swear by the "Clutter's Last Stand" series by Don Aslett.

mrssyvo said:
...I feel I could be so much more productive if I were more organized.

Ditto!! I often feel like I am going in circles because everything doesn't have it's own home and sometimes I have to hunt for things!! I find it difficult especially with the change overs - I know I keep way toooooo much!!!

As a confessed pack rat, I'm horrible at letting go of old paperwork. It's one of my biggest struggles with staying organized. I just have to convince myself that a year from now I won't need to know what the special was for September, 2006.

raebates said:
As a confessed pack rat, I'm horrible at letting go of old paperwork. It's one of my biggest struggles with staying organized. I just have to convince myself that a year from now I won't need to know what the special was for September, 2006.

Are you sure you don't want to know what the specials are?? I think I could probably tell you what they were for the last 4 years - now who is the pack rat??? ME!!! I'm working on it - little by little the recycle bin gets full!!!

Past specialsI save them, and file them by year. And it's actually been very helpful.

If you don't do a lot on the computer, you could print one copy for each month (or save them from the KCN), and put them in binders. I do like having the old specials. Helps to see the pattern (there is one). I do actually refer back to them periodically (often enough to warrant saving them).

I'm not one to talk about organizing. I don't have a good business example from my upline. The other day I went to her house. It was over 80 degrees, and she was working on her taxes for LAST YEAR. Why is over 80 degrees important? Because she had the fireplace going...she was BURNING old paperwork instead of shredding it because she had so much! :eek:

I am getting better. When I first started, I kept a large envelope on every show with order forms, show summeries, host letters, etc. Now, once a show is closed, has shipped, and is delivered successfully, I get rid of it. It's all in the computer, right?!

www.flylady.com helped me release a tremendous burden of clutter ... I'm still not totally reformed but I'm better. My husband would look around today, glance at the dining room table and tell you no reformation had taken place but he's just not remembering how truly awful it was before. Speaking of which... I better go put out a fire ... check out the flylady and you'll understand that one! Bye

jwpamp said:
Help! Does anyone have a favorite? I have always been a very organized person, but my business is growing so quickly that I can't keep up! (I know, what a problem, huh?)

Honestly, though, I need help with office organizing and phone call and follow up organizing....

Janice go get yourself some hanging folders.... then color code folders.

Green - (money) Recruit related stuff - Schedule these calls Mondays
* Your team
* Hot leads
* warm leads
* cold leads
* Career Opportunity info for leads.

Blue (calm) - Bookings - Schedule these calls Tuesdays
* Past Hosts (these can actually go somewhere else by month/yr)
* Leads
* Ideas for generating leads

Red - Host Coaching - Schedule these calls Wednesdays
* Host packet folders
* Show planners
* 40 in 40
* Do you love a bargain?

Purple- Fundraiser - Schedule these calls Thursdays
* Scheduled
* Sent catalog proposal to
* leads
* Ideas for generating leads

Yellow - Customers - Schedule these calls Thursdays

Fridays - Day off or pack for show!

Just made this off the seat of my pants! Been working desperately to work smarter not harder myself. I *am* tossing the documents I've printed and am noy using. I got a BIG binder and filled it with my PC recipes - easier to find now. Now I know where to put them...

Last edited:
its_me_susan said:
...I got a BIG binder and filled it with my PC recipes - easier to find now. Now I know where to put them...

How are you filing the recipes? Alpha? Type? That is a great idea - are they all PC recipes or anything you have that you printed?

Susie, I should have known to just ask YOU! Thanks for sharing and I am sure that you have helped more than just me!:eek:

Harrle said:
How are you filing the recipes? Alpha? Type? That is a great idea - are they all PC recipes or anything you have that you printed?

Haven't gotten there yet! Just 3-hole punched them all (PC recipes and only those recipes I LOVE that can be done using PC tools). I'll iorganize it after I've finished implementing my new system.

I am trying to work less, earn more, and stress less, enjoy more!
:)

Janice!
jwpamp said:
Susie, I should have known to just ask YOU! Thanks for sharing and I am sure that you have helped more than just me!:eek:

Janice, where are you? Just sent you something by email :)

Susie, when you sent me that last post, I was actually ORGANIZING my office! :p

It's looking much better, thank you!

What is the "Office and Paperwork Organizing Book"?

The "Office and Paperwork Organizing Book" is a comprehensive guidebook designed by Pampered Chef to help individuals effectively organize and manage their office space and paperwork.

What are the benefits of using the "Office and Paperwork Organizing Book"?

The "Office and Paperwork Organizing Book" provides numerous benefits such as increased productivity, reduced stress and anxiety, and improved organization and efficiency in managing paperwork and office space.

Is the "Office and Paperwork Organizing Book" suitable for both home and office use?

Yes, the "Office and Paperwork Organizing Book" is suitable for both home and office use. It provides practical and applicable tips and strategies for organizing paperwork and office space in any setting.

Does the "Office and Paperwork Organizing Book" include any tools or supplies?

No, the "Office and Paperwork Organizing Book" does not include any tools or supplies. It is a guidebook that provides tips, strategies, and worksheets for individuals to use and implement in their organizing process.

Can the "Office and Paperwork Organizing Book" be used for digital organization?

Yes, the "Office and Paperwork Organizing Book" includes tips and strategies for both physical and digital organization. It provides guidance on how to effectively manage and declutter digital files and documents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • purpampchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • keynibear