• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Offering Incentives to Boost Outside Orders- What Works Best?

In summary, offer incentives for getting orders from outside parties in different ways to see which gets the best results. Offering extra free product value, talking up the affect additional orders will have on host benefits, or giving a free gift for each order above a certain threshold can all be effective ways to motivate guests to order from you.
princessmeshelle
when offering incentives for getting outside orders, what do you get the best results from? i have 2 parties booked for november so far my goal is to reach 1500$ in sales for november. between being new, having trouble breaking out of my circle, and just coming back from having my son, i feel like 1500$ is a stretch, but i should be able to make it happen.i don't want to go broke with the incentives, so i'm wondering what works best? i have seen alot of people suggest offering an extra 10% or some selection of gift. so which gets better results?

Some hosts like additional free product value they can use; others like products. You can offer them a choice. For example, $10 free product or the Holiday Desserts Cookbook when they collect $150 in outside orders. It doesn't have to be a large dollar value - anything extra can work as that "carrot."Another thing I do is talk up how additional orders will affect their host benefits. If their show is at $320 when I leave, I tell them what they have and what they could have if they get it to $400 and $500 with outside orders. There's a tally sheet on the supply order that has spots to write that down so they can see it.

I offer free gift if they have $200 in outside orders before the show. I used to offer free prep bowls, but now I do not specify the gift, and I usually take something I have here at the house. I have noticed that my show totals have increased since I have started doing this, and I make sure I write it on the show planner, highlight it, and remind them of the offer with each host coaching call. I find my hostesses really aim for this. It is not so much WHAT they are getting, because they do not know, they just love the challenge. I tell them it really is not hard to do, by just sending E-invites, those that can not come are directed to the catalog on my web-site. I also remind them that when someone says they can not come, ask them if they want to see the catalog. 80% of my hostesses have $200 in outside orders. One of my hostesses had 30 outside orders, 20 before the show ($350) and 10 after the show. Her show closed at $1130, and then she called me with another $80 order after I closed. I think it is just making sure you host coach them to do it, and eventually, if you coach the same every time, it will become a habit for you, and it will get easier.

I offer a free RU Trivet if they have 7 orders before there show. That way it doubles as charitable giving.

i just submitted a $1000+ catty show & i kept her updated with her sales as we went along. as it got closer to closing, i offered her the cookbook of her choice if she got to the next level. she ended up going up TWO more hostess levels :D

I offer the coupon page that has $5 additional free product for $100 in orders BEFORE the show, $5 for $500 in sales AT your show, $5 for 3 bookings ON my calendar before the show closes, and $5 for $100 in orders AFTER the show. I always have hosts work for at least one of these coupons and then they usually aim for the next one, and the next and so on. The show is then of course higher in sales and I'm usually 'giving' $10 or $15 dollars etc free but I add it to the free product value, their discount kicks in and
'my' amount out of pocket is only $10 or $15 - their 20, 25 or 30% discount. They like it because it's a challenge for them, they can choose which one or ones they want to do and it's free $$ they can use however they want.

I tell the hostess to go to their guests that are not attending but are placing an order. I make a really BIG deal out of it. I tell the hostess to tell her guests that her PC consultant just gave her this AWESOME deal. If the guest gets an additional outside order besides her own I will give her a PC season's best cookbook. If they get 2 outside orders besides there own I will give them free shipping on their own order plus the season's best. If they bring in 3 outside orders besides their own I will give them 10% off their personal order plus free shipping, plus season best. That usually ends up being a min. of $90.00 extra in sales that you would not have had with the potential of being much more. It works very well. When I check people out at the show and they tell me that they don't want to do a show I will then ask them if they would like to help their hostess and offer the same 3 outside order package to them as well.

You may already do this, but you could simply include and envelope that says "Outside Order Money" in your hostess kit. That way it really implants the idea in their brain that they should be looking for outside orders...you could pu the 5, 15, 5 thing on the envelope too to really encourage them :)

I offer an additional $20 in free product if they 5 or more outside orders before their cooking show. I tried a variety of things with minimal results...this one seems to get a good response. (It generally costs me only $14 or $15 dollars depending on their host discount)

What types of incentives work best to boost outside orders?

The most effective incentives for boosting outside orders are discounts, free gifts, and limited-time offers. Customers are more likely to make a purchase if they feel like they are getting a good deal or a bonus item.

How can I promote my incentives to customers?

You can promote your incentives through email marketing, social media posts, and in-person events. Make sure to highlight the benefits of the incentive and create a sense of urgency to encourage customers to act quickly.

Should I offer different incentives for different types of customers?

Yes, it can be beneficial to offer different incentives for different types of customers. For example, you may offer a discount to new customers, a free gift to loyal customers, and a limited-time offer to customers who haven't made a purchase in a while.

How long should I run my incentive promotion for?

The length of your incentive promotion will depend on your specific goals and the type of incentive being offered. Generally, a promotion should run for at least a week to give customers enough time to take advantage of the offer.

What should I do if my incentives don't seem to be working?

If your incentives are not having the desired effect on outside orders, it may be time to reevaluate your offer. Consider changing the type of incentive or the promotion length, or reach out to customers for feedback to see what they would find most appealing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• annew
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
annew
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
donnathepamperedchef
  • kam