• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hypothetically - Could This Work?

In summary, if a realtor spends $1000 on closing gifts at a show, they will get $100 in free products.
britishchef
At my Realtor show on Monday I wanted to offer some incentive for them to buy large amounts of closing gifts at once. They'll be tax deductible and help increase their sales so I know I can talk it up. But I thought of offering this incentive - if they spend $500 on closing gifts they get $30 in free products, but if they spend $1000 they will get $100 in free product. Anyway I was wondering if this would work - let's say I did have 10 realtors do the $1000 mark (hahaha, right? I can hope). So I would then have to provide $1000 in free product. Could I enter that as a separate show (since I Have to wait until I get my commission check) - part of it as orders and then use the host benefits to buy the rest of the product? I would then make commission on the part I enter as show orders, and be able to get host benefits to bring my total expenditure down a lot. Is that OK?

I'm confused. Why would you be paying for the $100 if they spend a $1000? If they spend a $1000 and you enter it as a show, then they'd get $200 in FPV? So, you could actually get some stuff for yourself and even some door prizes for your shows with the other $100!

That would be giving away free money if they spend $1000.00 enter it as a show and they get the free product and so do you :) that is the way I would handle it too !!

What I would do is if they spent 1000 then I would definitly enter it in as a show and give them all the free product.

I would give them the whole amount. You wouldn't short change a host, why short change a customer?

If each realtor spends $1000 you could enter each as a show and give them each free product to spend on themselves.

AgreeI would also not short change them for Free Product, it's true, you wouldn't do it to a host.....

I would let them know that if they do so much in sales they they too can benefit and get free product......then enter them as seperate shows.

As far as being a write off, you can only write off 25.00 for each gift, so the 100.00 gifts I give? I only get the expense of 25.00 as a tax write off.....so ALOT of realtors (and I don't mean to burst your bubble) don't spend awhole lot of keep a stash of gifts. Depending on where you are and your market place,most areas have gotten a little slow....:eek:

Another thought would be to go to your local Board Of Realtors and see if you cant do an expo show there or whatever they might have.....and do a table.

I like your optimism....keep that up....

Let us know how you do....

Me five, or whatever it is...each large order as a show.

I don't think you guys are understanding what I'm saying... see if I enter each one as a show individually I am short changing MY original host! I meant I would enter each person's items they want for their free $100 order as a separate show. Get what I mean? So if 6 realtors spent $1000 at the original show I would enter the $600 in products they want as a separate show.

All of the realtor shows I have done there has been no host. Each and every realtor has ordered enough to make it's own show...who is the host that you would be short changing? I guess we don't understand because we don't know why you would do it that way...

There are 2 co-hosts. They just happen to know all realtors... it's not an official "Realtor Show" kwim? It just happens that it will be all realtors except one of the host's mother will be there.

And you would give all the free product to the hostess, right?
If that is the case, and sorry if I am wrong, but sounds like you are doing things the hard way.
If I am understanding what you are saying, then I would still enter all the realtors orders as individual shows give them the free product as an incentive esp. if they can only claim $25 tax deduction and just give the orignal hostess a gift cerificate or free products depending on the sales.
That way you are only giving away products to the hostess.
I hope I understood you right. Sorry if I didn't.

Also, the orignal hostess would get all those hostess benefits. She could get a piece of stoneware for 60% off for each "show"!

OK, obviously I am not explaining what I mean very well. I don't know how to reword it, so dont' worry about it.. :) No more replies necessary, thanks! I will figure it out with my cluster.

I see what you are saying. You are having a show. You have 2 co-hosts. Everyone invited to the show just happens to be realtors.I would just do a normal show so everyone could buy products for personal use. I would suggest that they can order things for their gifts to give at the sale of a home by having thier own parties, that way the get all the host benefits, and possibly bringing in more money for you:) If you wanted to do some type of incentive for them to order a big quantity from you for give away gifts you could give a % off of their order...... anyone else have a better suggestion?Monica

Or you could throw in a new Heart Trivet for each $100 in orders or so...the beginning of a series, the beginning of a new life in a new home, etc. Plus, you get the credit towards breakfast of caring!

The thing is, I can't do a % off because I don't have the funds to offer that right now. That's why I thought free product instead because I can wait until I get my commission check then order their free product and distribute it.I like the heart trivet idea!

Related to Hypothetically - Could This Work?

1. Can I use regular household items instead of Pampered Chef products for "Hypothetically - Could This Work?"

While we always recommend using our high-quality Pampered Chef products for the best results, you can certainly use regular household items for "Hypothetically - Could This Work?". Just keep in mind that the outcome may not be exactly the same.

2. Do I need any special skills or experience to participate in "Hypothetically - Could This Work?"

No special skills or experience is required for "Hypothetically - Could This Work?". It's all about having fun and experimenting with different ideas and techniques in the kitchen.

3. Are there any safety precautions I should take while trying out "Hypothetically - Could This Work?"

As with any cooking activity, it's important to always use caution and follow proper safety measures while participating in "Hypothetically - Could This Work?". This includes using appropriate kitchen tools and equipment and properly handling and preparing food.

4. Can I share my "Hypothetically - Could This Work?" creations on social media?

Yes, we encourage you to share your "Hypothetically - Could This Work?" experiments on social media and tag us @pamperedchef. We love seeing how our customers get creative in the kitchen!

5. Is there a limit to how many times I can participate in "Hypothetically - Could This Work?"

No, there is no limit to how many times you can participate in "Hypothetically - Could This Work?". We encourage you to keep experimenting and trying new ideas whenever inspiration strikes!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies