• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Work Through My "Birth"/Baby Months?!?!?

In summary, you should book your shows as soon as possible after you become pregnant in order to maximize your chances of getting bookings. You should also consider offering incentives to people who book shows during the month of your baby's birth.
ChefinHarmony
Okay, this may be out there somewhere already, but I browsed a bit - didn't see anything that answered my questions.....

I'm 7+ months pregnant - due with my 4th on Sept. 8th. I know I will go early (my last 2 went 10-12 days early) so I cut off Home shows Aug. 18th. Actually my last show is scheduled for Aug 11th. I have been doing well with sales all year - already hit Level 1 of the Trip incentive, Level 2 of June sell-a-thon, etc. If I didn't have a baby coming, I would probably hit Level 2 of the Trip, blah, blah, blah......:D

So.....How do I keep active or get more bookings after my baby comes? How long should I take off? Anyone run any specials "Baby" wise to get some Catalog shows during the Month of the baby? It's also the new catalog, so it should be easy - but what should I offer? Any flyers out there?? I was thinking of trying to offer catalog shows then have them book off themselves for a Home show later in the year - double Host benefits for that month, etc. I have 3 more "Home" shows before baby to try to promote it, get bookings. I have NOTHING on the books after Aug. 11th and that bothers me.

I'm not worried about my health (I tend to bounce back quickly), I'm more worried that my Hubby won't let me leave him with 3 boys and a newborn (no we didn't find out the sex) - especially if I'm nursing or it's during the week when he has to get up early for work, etc.

ANY ADVICE?!?!?! :confused:

Thank you - thank you!!!
Joanne

you could offer an incentive that if they do a catty show they can get an item for the weight of your baby and you can name the price limit so they are not going for cookware or anything way expensive. I tried doing that when I had my baby but no takers. I am sure it didnt help that my months before where really slow but I was back doing shows when my baby was 4-5 wks old. Good Luck with your delivery in Sept

I remember hearing about a director who's husband did her shows for her while she was on "maternity leave" - she didn't take a LOA, but booked shows through the 3 months she took off after having the baby, and her husband did them! He got really competitive sales-wise and kept telling her how much he was making in sales and bookings (and recruits!), and that he almost didn't want to stop when she came back! ;) She started back up again right where he left off and never took a break and kept her cluster and everything in tact. Just a thought - not for everyone, but my hubby is in sales, and I know if I said the right thing, he might just go for it!

(oh, and for insurance purposes, she was there with the baby, but he did all the talking!)

My recruiter also did shows right after she had her first baby - she just had her in the infant seat while she did shows, and took breaks to nurse and let the crowd mingle and browse the catty. Her hubby came and helped with carrying stuff, too. This is your 4th, so you should be like those women who just squat in the rice paddys, give birth, sling the baby on their back and keep working, right? ;) Just kidding. Best of luck to you and good luck with your upcoming L&D!

Last edited:
Years ago, before I became a consultant, I knew a consultant who contacted all her past customers and offered a catalog show contest. She gave prizes for First to Book, Highest Sales, Most Orders, etc. I took full advantage of that offer and won about 3 of the prizes! She gave away things like the towels, trivet, Mix N Scraper. She did it so she could keep her business going even though she couldn't do cooking shows right after having her baby.

Also, I just had a baby 1 1/2 months ago and signed about 1 month ago! I just do cooking shows the nights my husband is home. He can watch the baby a few hours a night. I did my grand opening with her here with me. My mom was here to help and people enjoyed seeing the baby!

Good luck.

I'm due in Oct & don't want to take time off. I know too many people who struggled to get back into the biz afterwards. So I'm going to book up my August & September as best as I can & then start mentioning catalog shows for Oct. I'm hoping to be back to doing cooking shows in Nov.--will have to see though because I'm due in the middle of Oct & not sure if I'll go early or not & may only have a 1-2 week old in Nov!

I'm also planning on asking family & close friends to have shows in Nov with me. I can bring the baby with me & everyone else will hold him & help me pack up, etc. Since it's family, we could easily be more flexible if I need to move the date b/c of giving birth later than planned or something.

you could do some mystery host catalog shows - get 10 people to collect $100 each (or 5 people for a $500 show) and draw names for either one host to get all the host rewards or for the participants to split the rewards evenly. I like the special offer of something for the price of the baby's weight. I think I read somewhere of a contest with guessing the date the baby was born and how much it weighed too, but I can't remember - maybe someone's memory will be jarred. Best of luck with labor and delivery! You'll do great!!!

Another suggestion you could try are "express shows". It may be difficult to be gone for 3-4 hours (depending on travel and how chatty your guests are) but could you do an hour or hour and a half? Where I live the summers are extremely hot (113 last week) so I never "cook" in the summer. I make crusts at home in the morning (Clubhouse chicken squares -All the Best pg9 - is one of my favorites) and then assembling the recipe at the show is pretty brief. Start out your demo sitting comfortably in a chair at the front of the room. Let them know that this is an express show and that you have a little one that you need to get home to but you are looking forward to a fun - quick nite out. Talk about your business, how you are able schedule your work around your life (not the other way around). Go over the host benefits and let every guest know that you will be asking them to join your team or host a show (in the past I have given an incentive if I forget and they remind me (small Twixit or pan scraper, etc.) Do all of this sitting down (right after delivery it was hard for me to stand for very long). Then quickly assemble the recipe and talk tools. Have them fill out door prizes while the host serves the food and set up your order taking area. Clean up your display area while the guests look through the cattys and then take orders. You should be able to be out the door in an hour to hour and a half. Just let the host know that you will start on time and let the guests know that you are just as ready to wrap up the evening as they are. Shows that start a little later in the evening (not 5pm) tend to work well for this (or even over the lunch hour at an office) because people are equally as interested in getting home.
I hope this doesn't seem like mindless rambling. I'm pretty new here.

1. How can I balance work and taking care of a newborn at the same time?

Balancing work and taking care of a newborn can be challenging and overwhelming. One solution is to create a flexible schedule that allows you to work during your baby's nap times or when someone else can watch them. It's also important to communicate with your employer and discuss options such as working from home or adjusting your work hours.

2. How do I handle the lack of sleep and exhaustion during the "birth"/baby months?

Lack of sleep and exhaustion are common challenges during the "birth"/baby months. It's important to prioritize rest and take naps whenever possible. Also, make sure to eat healthy and stay hydrated to maintain your energy levels. Don't be afraid to ask for help from friends or family when you need it.

3. What are some tips for staying organized during this busy time?

Staying organized can make a big difference in managing the "birth"/baby months. Consider creating a schedule or routine for you and your baby. Utilize tools such as a planner or calendar to keep track of important dates and appointments. Don't be afraid to delegate tasks or hire a helper to assist with household chores.

4. How do I handle the emotional and physical changes that come with postpartum?

Postpartum can bring about many emotional and physical changes that can be overwhelming. Make sure to take care of yourself by staying connected with friends and family and seeking support from a therapist if necessary. It's also important to listen to your body and give yourself time to heal physically.

5. How can I maintain a healthy work-life balance during the "birth"/baby months?

Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is crucial during the "birth"/baby months. Set boundaries and prioritize your time, making sure to take breaks and spend quality time with your baby. Don't be afraid to say no to extra work or commitments if it becomes too overwhelming. Remember to also make time for self-care to avoid burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • noelskitchen