• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Trying Is Working...or Is It Finally the Economy?

In summary, the conversation between a group of consultants reveals that one consultant experienced a decline in their business after losing their full-time job but saw an increase in shows and sales after deciding to let their business wither away. Other consultants also noticed an uptick in their bookings and sales and attribute it to a more relaxed attitude at parties. However, one consultant is struggling to get bookings despite having high sales and is worried about their future as a consultant.
susanr613
Gold Member
At the end of September, I lost my full-time job. Needless to say I worked the phones and e-mail but to no avail....had about 1 show a month....until I decided to stop trying. My 1 show a month turned into 2 shows a month with decent sales...and I landed a full-time job which started the Monday after DS' Bar Mitzvah (end of March). When I accepted the offer a few weeks previous, I decided to let the biz wither away. Sorry to say I was looking forward to not having PC on my plate :cry:

So...for the first time in forever, I closed 2 shows by the 15th, totaling over $1,800, one of which was a catty show at my new job. The department admin ASKED me if she could do a catty show. I have 3 shows next month, again 2 before the 15th.

Has anyone else seen an uptick in bookings, sales, or both? I know part of this is probably a more relaxed attitude at shows, but these two shows topping $800 each is like the old days (2 years ago) for me. :D

I'm betting your relaxed attitude is rubbing off on your potential hosts. Congrats!!! :D

Kudos to you Sheila for working your biz so well on the other side of the world! Impressive!

Yay Susan, you're back and still with us.

I sent out my monthly Cust Conn e-mail last week and got the best response ever. Some months I don't get anything. This time I got someone who wants to do a catalog show, a recruit lead from Jan. who had dropped communication said he's ready to sign, and a past host wants a May show (I knew she wanted to host again soon so the e-mail was a tickler).

Hopefully it's a sign that things really are picking up. Or it's just karma b/c I've had so much going on in my personal life that I've had to let go of the biz a lot.

I am not having a great April, but my May is ROCKING. I have about 7 shows, and all year I haven't really had any more than 3 per mo (that being said, my SALES for the little amt that I'm doing have been through the roof) . I don't know what it is, maybe people are excited about you, your demo, your attitude, etc.

So have you decided to keep with it or just see what happens? Are YOU more excited about it now?

I have numerous shows in April but low sales. However, I do have 7 shows booked for May so far so I'm hopeful!!

I have been having great sales. My last 3 parties were over $1000! Only problem is at these parties I can't get any bookings. I have 2 parties left this month and one fundriser for MAy and oneon the calendar for June. I am getting a little sad. I ask everyone. Not sure if they were not the right crowds or what. I have given away over 8 parties to new recruits in the last 3 months. so I am sure that has had an effect on where i stand right now. IT is frustrating because I am actually only 1 senior consultant away form being a director right now, but am nervous because I have no May shows! I am sure I will get at lest one form one of these parties(I hope!LOL)
COngrats to you on picking back up again! That is GREAT!!

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's always encouraging to hear about success in the midst of challenging circumstances. It sounds like your decision to take a step back and focus on other things in your life has actually helped your business grow. Sometimes, when we release the pressure and stress of constantly trying to book and sell, things start to flow more naturally. It's great that you were able to close two shows by the 15th and have three more lined up for next month. That's definitely a sign of an uptick in your business! Keep up the great work and continue to enjoy a more relaxed attitude at your shows. Best of luck to you!

What is "Not Trying Is Working...or Is It Finally the Economy?"

"Not Trying Is Working...or Is It Finally the Economy?" is a slogan used by Pampered Chef to promote their products and business opportunity.

How does "Not Trying Is Working...or Is It Finally the Economy?" relate to Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef believes that even if you are not actively trying to sell their products or start a business, the current economic climate may still benefit you. By offering high-quality and practical kitchen tools, Pampered Chef aims to help individuals and families save money and time while cooking at home.

Is Pampered Chef implying that people should not work hard?

No, Pampered Chef does not advocate for laziness or complacency. The slogan is simply a play on words to convey the idea that their products and business opportunity can benefit individuals during tough economic times, without requiring them to put in extra effort.

How can "Not Trying Is Working...or Is It Finally the Economy?" help me save money?

By using Pampered Chef products, you can save money by cooking at home instead of dining out. Additionally, their products are designed to be durable and long-lasting, helping you save money in the long run by not having to constantly replace kitchen tools.

Does "Not Trying Is Working...or Is It Finally the Economy?" mean I don't have to put in any effort to be successful with Pampered Chef?

No, success with Pampered Chef still requires dedication, hard work, and a strong work ethic. However, the company believes that their products and business opportunity can provide individuals with a sense of financial security and stability during difficult economic times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PCJenni