1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales What would you offer a business in return for displaying catalogs?

1. PChefRenee

PChefRenee Member Silver Member

There is a coffee shop that I go to periodically on my way to work. The owner agreed to let me put out a brochure holder with the mini catalogs & business card for customers. I have had them there for about 6 months now and have received 1 outside order (that I am sure of) as a result of this. I would like to put out the new fall/winter minis, but feel I should offer her & her SIL (co-owner) something in return for letting me do this. What do you think? Should I give them a "certificate" of for $??? only redeemable thru me or a real gift cert...for how much? Give them free item...but what? Or should I not really bother and not put out new cattys since this hasn't generated much business?

Aug 4, 2009
  2. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

How about a season's best or a discount?

Don't give away your commission on the one order you've received.

3. diradt

diradt Member

Why dont you think about dropping off a dessert or a dish in the DCB before work as a thank you along with the new catalogs. This way they are being pampered as individuals but not costing you a ton---I would probably throw in a couple SB's as well!

Aug 5, 2009
  4. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

I would treat it like you were 'pampering their business'. Maybe every few weeks or so whenever you get a lead I'd take them a thank you ... a big fat cookie made in the 12" skillet in the oven, or even some baked on the stone, a nice trifle or even some homemade chips and salsa. And I would do it as long as I kept getting leads (orders/shows booked) maybe once or twice a month. 2 tubes of cookie dough would cost at the most $5 (generic).

Have something to add?