• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

October 2005 Host Can't Claim Credit: Should I Process $85 Order?

and that if she wants the discount, she has to book a show through me. Just because she is no longer my consultant, doesn't mean she doesn't get the 10% discount. That's why I always give the discount when I book a show through her. If she doesn't want the discount, I suggest she find someone else to do her shows. I would also recommend that she not put her knives in the dishwasher.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I have a past host, who made an order and assumed her 10% credit on a recent show.
Well, when I went to go look her up, I couldn't find her.
That's because she hosted the show in October 2005.
I called her and told her that she is no longer elligible for the PHD.
She was going to just cancel the order, so,
I told her that if she paid me w/ cash, then I could process the order through another hosts name.
Should I just do it this way?
It is an $85 order, so it's not like its just $20.

Yeah, I would do that. But let her know that you will only do it just this once. And that March has GREAT specials and that she should host a show to maintain her PHD. Hopefully, by you scratching her back she will scratch yours... :D

I do not recommend processing it through another host's name because of warranty issues and because it really is not the right way to do things.

My recommendation would be for you to pay the 10% discount and mark it as a Consultant Gift. It would then be tax deductible for you and would still give her the same results. You still come out ahead since you still have the order and you have the double points.

Lisa

I second Lisa. That way the order's in her name and she has the receipt and all. It's only $8.50 for you and you'll make at least twice that. I think it's worth it to keep her business for now. Don't let her take advantage of you, though, make sure she knows this is a one time courtesy and you'd be happy to do a show for her to renew that discount!

I would do it as a consultant gift, but tell you you will do it if she books a show to be held in the next few months. That way the next time she wants to place an order, she really will have the 10% PHD.

Oh yeah I forgot about the comsultant gift... Sorry.. Do that. :D I would have even bought it myself. Just to keep her happy.

Yes, do it as a gift...make it clear it's a one time deal but she can renew her discount and even earn her $85 order free if she hosts!

Another vote for consultant gift.

Definately as a consultant gift and then proposing a show to get that discount back. It's amazing what will upset people isn't it? I mean a discount for a whole year is incredible!! To expect it even longer is crazy. She may have just forgotten or misunderstood. I would make it clear that it was just a one time deal on the extra discount.

pcheframsey said:
I would do it as a consultant gift, but tell you you will do it if she books a show to be held in the next few months. That way the next time she wants to place an order, she really will have the 10% PHD.

This is what I would do too. If she has email she should have gotten reminders in August/Sept. that her PHD was about to expire. I just got mine (even though I've signedup)...

Hopefully, she'll appreciate the "gift" and book a show!

:mad: :mad: ARRRRRGH - I can't tell you how SICK I am of these GREEDY customers!! I had a customer ask me recently if she would get the 60% item at the shows that were booked off of hers (yes) and what about the shows booked off of that show? Like, would she continue getting 60% items from now until her line of peopel runs out?? And when I told her that she ONLY gets the 60% item a tthe shows booked of of hers, she got pissy!! Or the other night - two gals at my show...got totally drunk and disruptive - each spent about $75-$100...then called me the next day to cancel half of their orders. Or today - 8am on a Saturday mornign my phone rings...a guest from a show 3 weeks ago - put her forged cutlery in the dishwasher and it "rusted." Well...had she been LISTENING at my demo, she would have known how to care for her new knife!!! I told her as much (in much nicer terms) and am getting the knife replaced for her...but encouraged her NOT to put them in the dishwasher next time...and then went over all her other items to make sure she had listened when I talked about those. ARGH - customers are really irritating me this week!:(:mad: :mad: :mad:

That's OK someone when I first started told me that her 10% discount was forever that her former consultant told her that. I told her that it is not the case and sent her a copy of something that stated it was only good for 1 year. She backed off right away, guess she thought with my being new I would believe her. Little did she know that I knew before I signed about that.

Related to October 2005 Host Can't Claim Credit: Should I Process $85 Order?

1. What does it mean when it says "October 2005 Host Can't Claim Credit"?

When it says "October 2005 Host Can't Claim Credit," it means that the host for the October 2005 party is no longer eligible to receive credit for orders placed at that party. This could be due to various reasons, such as the party being too old or the host not meeting certain requirements.

2. Can I still process an $85 order if the host can't claim credit?

Yes, you can still process an $85 order even if the host can't claim credit. However, the host will not receive any credit for the order and it will not count towards their party total.

3. Will the host still receive any host rewards for an $85 order?

No, unfortunately the host will not receive any host rewards for an $85 order if they can't claim credit. The host rewards are only available for orders that are processed under the host's name and can be claimed for their party.

4. Can the host still earn commission on an $85 order?

No, the host will not earn any commission on an $85 order if they can't claim credit. Commission is only earned on orders that are processed under the host's name and can be claimed for their party.

5. Is there any way for the host to still receive credit for an $85 order?

No, unfortunately there is no way for the host to receive credit for an $85 order if they can't claim credit. The only way for the host to receive credit is for the order to be processed under their name and claimed for their party before the deadline.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706