• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newbie Director: Rising Star in Business World

In summary, Keith has become a future director after only 2.5 months in the business. His promotion will take effect on June 1st. There is a social stigma surrounding men in the direct sales business, but Keith is determined to overcome it and improve his bookings and sales. He plans to wear more PC logo items to attract potential customers. There was a slight detour in the conversation about Keith's progress, but ultimately it was a celebration of his success.
leftymac
Guess who just became a future director? :eek: Not too shabby just 2.5 months into the business. :thumbup:

Congratulations Keith - that is awesome!

Personally, I don't know why more guys don't get into the business. Guys really do tend to have better sales, etc.Maybe because they tend to naturally view it as a BUSINESS?

Way to go!(your promotion will take effect on June 1st, just so you know)

DebbieJ said:
Way to go!

(your promotion will take effect on June 1st, just so you know)

Deb, for FD isn't it title immediately, overrides on June 1st?

Keith, congratulations!
By the way, are you doing better at getting your bookings?

janetupnorth said:
Personally, I don't know why more guys don't get into the business. Guys really do tend to have better sales, etc.

Maybe because they tend to naturally view it as a BUSINESS?

It's all social stigma, I think. Most of the PC marketing materials are very feminine looking, and not many guys are comfortable promoting that, unfortunately.

I don't know about the better sales, though -- but I guess that's because I'm still new. My bookings and sales are nowhere near where I want them to be! But then again, I don't just go up and talk to any old individual about PC. I have an issue talking to strangers. :)

How do I get over that? I have no clue! It's hard to easily overcome a habit you've had all your life. Like when I'm in the grocery store, I don't talk to other people in line (nor do I really like it when they talk to me). Sometimes I can be quite social, but I usually wait for the person to initiate it.

Did I just hijack my own thread?

chefsteph07 said:
Keith, congratulations!
By the way, are you doing better at getting your bookings?

Eh...I have 3 for May (all in the 2nd half) and two in June so far. I haven't had a cooking show since April 13, which sucks the mighty honker. I'm hoping to get some mad bookings from my shows in May. There's a gal at my WW meeting who I am talking to tomorrow about a possible show, and I got the mom of one of my students' to book one too. I've been calling people, but it's the old "I want to do one in the fall, blah blah blah". I need/want more!

Congratulations Keith!!!!:)

janetupnorth said:
Deb, for FD isn't it title immediately, overrides on June 1st?

Hmm....good question! Time to pull out the P&Ps!

DebbieJ said:
Hmm....good question! Time to pull out the P&Ps!

Pretty bad when we start to forget the basics!

I'm blaming it on leaving yesterday at 4:30 a.m. to get to regional and not getting home until 8:30 or so and in bed until 10:30 p.m.

You are correct Debbie!"Once you have two active personally recruited Consultants, you will promote to the level of Future Director. Promotions are effective the first day of the month following the month the requirement is met."

:sing: Way to go!!:D

Go Keith!!!

leftymac said:
It's all social stigma, I think. Most of the PC marketing materials are very feminine looking, and not many guys are comfortable promoting that, unfortunately.

I don't know about the better sales, though -- but I guess that's because I'm still new. My bookings and sales are nowhere near where I want them to be! But then again, I don't just go up and talk to any old individual about PC. I have an issue talking to strangers. :)

How do I get over that? I have no clue! It's hard to easily overcome a habit you've had all your life. Like when I'm in the grocery store, I don't talk to other people in line (nor do I really like it when they talk to me). Sometimes I can be quite social, but I usually wait for the person to initiate it.

Did I just hijack my own thread?

I think you might have just hijacked!

My advice to you would be to get some PC logo stuff and WEAR it..a hat, whatever, I know Merrill has some nice polos...

Case in point...a few weeks ago I was leaving my dr office, wearing my PC sweatshirt and I got in an elevator w/ someone who immediately asked me if I did PC, I said yes and did she like the prods, etc, she said that she JUST HAPPENED to get an email the DAY BEFORE from her consultant who said she is getting out of the business due to some family things. I had a catalog with the specials inside and I handed it to her and asked her if she'd be interested in doing a show and "trying me out"..she said yes and we booked for this Friday! Then, when we were getting out of the elevator she specifially said "I'm so glad you wore your sweatshirt today, I cannot wait to have my party! You should wear it everywhere you go!"..(I usually do anyway! LOL) Just saying, you NEVER know where your next booking is going to come from, so be prepared and at least wear a button or something! ha ha

Good luck getting your mad bookings!

chefsteph07 said:
I think you might have just hijacked!

My advice to you would be to get some PC logo stuff and WEAR it..a hat, whatever, I know Merrill has some nice polos...

Case in point...a few weeks ago I was leaving my dr office, wearing my PC sweatshirt and I got in an elevator w/ someone who immediately asked me if I did PC, I said yes and did she like the prods, etc, she said that she JUST HAPPENED to get an email the DAY BEFORE from her consultant who said she is getting out of the business due to some family things. I had a catalog with the specials inside and I handed it to her and asked her if she'd be interested in doing a show and "trying me out"..she said yes and we booked for this Friday! Then, when we were getting out of the elevator she specifially said "I'm so glad you wore your sweatshirt today, I cannot wait to have my party! You should wear it everywhere you go!"..(I usually do anyway! LOL) Just saying, you NEVER know where your next booking is going to come from, so be prepared and at least wear a button or something! ha ha

Good luck getting your mad bookings!

Thanks! I have the catalog tote but I feel like a total dufus carrying it around b/c it's more like a purse. I swear they need a messenger bag! I have the duffel bag from Merrill that I take to the gym every day, and make a piont to go get something from the grocery store right afterwards while I'm still wearing it. I think I do need to go get some shirts, though...

Way to go Congrats!

leftymac said:
Thanks! I have the catalog tote but I feel like a total dufus carrying it around b/c it's more like a purse. I swear they need a messenger bag! I have the duffel bag from Merrill that I take to the gym every day, and make a piont to go get something from the grocery store right afterwards while I'm still wearing it. I think I do need to go get some shirts, though...

PC USED to have a backpack - people loved them and everyone was buying them from the surprise packs last year. I sold mine to my recruiter because SHE had REALLY wanted one or I would sell it to you. ;)

I should really make my DH wear some PC shirts at camp! :)

janetupnorth said:
PC USED to have a backpack - people loved them and everyone was buying them from the surprise packs last year. I sold mine to my recruiter because SHE had REALLY wanted one or I would sell it to you. ;)

I should really make my DH wear some PC shirts at camp! :)

Ah nuts! Well, maybe there will be one in the surprise packs this year!

Wow. That is awesome. You are really doing great at this business. And you have decent show totals too. You will be Director before you know it.

Congrats

Related to Newbie Director: Rising Star in Business World

What is a Newbie Director?

A Newbie Director is a title given to a new director within the Pampered Chef business. This person has recently been promoted to the director level and is considered a rising star in the business world.

What are the responsibilities of a Newbie Director?

A Newbie Director is responsible for managing and leading a team of consultants, promoting and selling Pampered Chef products, and achieving sales goals. They also serve as a mentor and coach to their team, providing support and guidance for their professional growth.

How does someone become a Newbie Director?

To become a Newbie Director, one must first become a consultant with Pampered Chef and then work their way up through the ranks by achieving certain sales and leadership goals. Once these goals are met, the consultant can apply for a director position and go through a selection process.

What are the benefits of being a Newbie Director?

As a Newbie Director, you have the opportunity to earn a higher income through bonuses and commissions, receive recognition and awards for your achievements, and have access to resources and training to help you grow your business. You also have the chance to network and connect with other successful directors and leaders within the company.

What support is available for Newbie Directors?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of support for Newbie Directors, including training and development programs, mentorship from experienced directors, and access to online resources and tools. There is also a strong community of directors who are always willing to offer advice and support to help each other succeed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • DPThurston