• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Suggestions for Farmer's Market Booth

In summary, Judy is seeking advice on how to make her booth at the Farmer's Market successful. She is considering doing a drawing, but is concerned about the quality of leads she will receive. She plans to have a table for displaying products and a table for demonstrations. Judy is looking for suggestions on how to get bookings on the spot and is also working on her 30-second commercial for a newspaper write-up. Some suggestions include offering a free cooking show or cookbook, asking for email sign-ups, and personally inviting interested individuals to fill out customer care/door prize slips.
jj16
Gold Member
As some of you know I am doing a booth for a Farmer's Market. It will be once a week for 16 weeks. I don't know if I should do any kind of drawing because the leads I've gotten from previous booths haven't done very well and since I haven't gotten very many bookings I can't really afford to be giving product away. I don't want to just be calling people that were only signing up for the free give away. I was going to do a table with products for show and a table for demos. The product table I am trying to keep simple with the starter kit minus the mini muffin pan and replacing it with the DCB, a Stainless Cookware Skillet, and some stainless bowls. Also any suggestions for what to say to get bookings on the spot would be helpful. I have read the previous threads on what to say as well as trying to get my 30 second commercial since the paper is going to do a write up on the Farmer's Market on a weekly basis. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Judy:confused:

jj16 said:
As some of you know I am doing a booth for a Farmer's Market. It will be once a week for 16 weeks. I don't know if I should do any kind of drawing because the leads I've gotten from previous booths haven't done very well and since I haven't gotten very many bookings I can't really afford to be giving product away. I don't want to just be calling people that were only signing up for the free give away. I was going to do a table with products for show and a table for demos. The product table I am trying to keep simple with the starter kit minus the mini muffin pan and replacing it with the DCB, a Stainless Cookware Skillet, and some stainless bowls. Also any suggestions for what to say to get bookings on the spot would be helpful. I have read the previous threads on what to say as well as trying to get my 30 second commercial since the paper is going to do a write up on the Farmer's Market on a weekly basis. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Judy:confused:

You could do a couple of things that I can think of:
(1) Free Cooking Show - only folks who are interested IN a cooking show would enter.
(2) Free Season's Best cookbook...cost you less than $1 and we all know they have fabulous recipes in them!
(3) Or just ask folks who you talk to if they'd be interested in signing up for your email newsletter (if you don't have one, GET ONE- it could be a great way to get their info). Let them fill out the Cust.Care/Door Prize Slips so they'll possibly fill out the other info as well (show, biz, etc).

I usually don't ask people to enter the drawing I may have until we've started chatting....most people who are genuinely interested in PC will step up to or into your booth and look around. You hand them recipe card or mini catalog and then usually they start talking. Sometimes I start asking questions or conversing....but I then will invite them to my newsletter or the drawing (or both).

Either way- when someone fills out the card and gives it back to you (don't set a box out for them to put the slip into, make them hand it to you. If nothing is there, they'll hand it to you). You can then glance at the slip- make it seem that you are just wanting to see their name (I try to thank the person by name). It lets you do several things in a quick glance- make sure you can READ their writing :D, you can ask a "best time" to contact them - so you aren't wondering later - (if they provided a phone number anyway), and if they checked any of the boxes about Recruiting or Shows, you can then either hand them biz-info and set a time to follow up, or if it's about a show- and they said "Yes"...ask them "Was there a time you were thinking that you'd like to host? " Or if they are a maybe, just say somethign like "I see you selected 'maybe' to a show. Did you have a time in mind or have any questions about hosting a show?" See where the conversation takes you.
To get someone to book on the spot- that's up to you- but I was offering a Free Cooking Show, or you can do a Gift Certificate (like $10 or $15 extra- that 's only good through YOU and only at their show when it closes. ) I got several people to committ a date when I offered stuff like this. This thread also shows what I did. You may not want to do it every week, but it might get you thinking of something you can do to make it work! (Like the Free Cooking show coupon or Gift Cert)

Start small and see what works. You've got 16 weeks to get it down. :D

One suggestion could be to offer a small discount or free gift with a booking made at the booth. This way, people are more likely to book with you on the spot instead of just entering a drawing for a chance to win something. You could also offer a special promotion or package deal for those who book at the Farmer's Market. This could entice people to book with you right then and there.As for what to say to get bookings on the spot, you could mention the benefits and convenience of hosting a cooking show at their home. You could also mention the free products and discounts they can earn as a host, and how easy and fun it is to gather their friends and family for a cooking demonstration. Another approach could be to ask if they have any upcoming events or occasions where they could use some help with their cooking and entertaining, and offer to host a show for them.Lastly, make sure to have business cards and flyers with your contact information readily available at your booth. This will make it easy for people to reach out to you after the event if they are interested in booking a show. Good luck with your booth at the Farmer's Market!

What products should I showcase at my farmer's market booth?

It's best to have a mix of popular and seasonal products at your booth. Some popular options include our kitchen gadgets, cookware, and baking supplies. You can also feature seasonal items such as our grilling tools in the summer or our canning supplies in the fall. Don't forget to also highlight any exclusive products or limited-time offers you may have!

How should I set up my booth for maximum impact?

Make sure your booth is visually appealing and inviting to potential customers. Use tablecloths, banners, and signage to showcase your brand and products. Arrange your products in an organized and eye-catching way, and consider offering samples or demonstrations to engage with customers. Also, don't forget to have business cards or flyers available for customers to take with them.

What pricing strategy should I use for my products?

It's important to find a balance between making a profit and offering fair prices for your customers. Consider the cost of the products, your time and effort, and any booth fees when determining prices. You can also offer discounts or bundle deals to entice customers. It's always a good idea to research the prices of similar products at other booths to stay competitive.

How can I attract customers to my booth?

In addition to having an attractive booth setup, there are a few other ways to draw in customers. Consider offering special promotions or discounts, hosting a giveaway or raffle, or partnering with other vendors for cross-promotion. Utilizing social media and advertising your booth at the market can also help attract potential customers.

What should I do to prepare for the farmer's market?

Make sure you have all the necessary supplies and equipment for your booth, such as tables, chairs, and a cash register. It's also important to have enough inventory on hand to last throughout the market day. Plan out your booth setup and have a backup plan in case of inclement weather. Lastly, make sure to have a positive attitude and be ready to engage with customers!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies