• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Proposal Letter to Be a Vendor at Farmer's Market

In summary, Ginger called the Mayor's office to find out if they had any spots left for vendors at the local Farmer's market and was told that they only wanted farmers. She called the girl handling the market and pitched her products, and is waiting to hear back from them.
SusanBP0129
Okay-
My brain is MUSH so I am hoping someone has one of these, so I don't have to re-invent the wheel!
I need a proposal letter to request being a vendor at a local farmer's market.
Help.
:eek:

All I did was call the Mayor's office, in the town the Farmer's market is held. Just call them, and see if they have any spots left.

I called and the person who runs it asked me to write a proposal that she can present to the board. Good grief!

Really? That sounds a bit odd., It sounds like they are being VERY selective on who they want there. When I called the girl handling the market here, at first she said they did not want direct sales, just farmers, then asked what was selling, and then she said, Oh, we WANT you !!!!! PC and Tastefully Simple are the only 2 direct sales at the Market. They are keeping it Food-oriented.

Tell them about how you have wonderful products which will help with preparing,serving & help preserving the items the other venders are selling....HTH
Its a start & all I can think of right now....:)

Yup - odd indeed, but it's kind of a "well to do" area. No worries. She definitely wants me - just wants "something" to give the board.

Ginger428 said:
Tell them about how you have wonderful products which will help with preparing,serving & help preserving the items the other venders are selling....HTH
Its a start & all I can think of right now....:)

Thanks Ginger!
That's what I did.
Hopefully I'm in!
:)

I did a street fair in that kind of neighborhood last Sat. ( I also work there) I've got 6 bookings on the calendar & a possible recruit lead....:) Good luck with yours!

Info on PCAttached are some places to start - you'll need to come up with what is right to you.

Attachments

• PC consultant in your area notice.doc
    235.5 KB · Views: 437
  • let me be your PC consultant.doc
    46 KB · Views: 409
  • OneLiners.doc
    24 KB · Views: 413
  • Warren Buffet Owns The Pampered Chef.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 478
  • Work From Home For Your Kids Sake.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 332
you are lucky, here in MN your items must be made or grown localy. No comercially produced items.

Side note I wasn't even allowed into a new anual "Arts and Crafts fair" although I just found out there was a Close to my Heart Scrapbook consultant there..... Nice hugh?

Related to Proposal Letter to Be a Vendor at Farmer's Market

What is the process for becoming a vendor at a farmer's market?

The first step is to contact the manager of the farmer's market you are interested in. They will provide you with an application and any additional requirements for becoming a vendor. You will also need to have all necessary licenses and permits for selling food products.

What is the cost for being a vendor at a farmer's market?

The cost varies depending on the farmer's market, but typically there is a fee for the application and a weekly or monthly fee for the booth space. Some markets may also require a percentage of your sales as a vendor fee. It is best to inquire with the specific market for their exact fees.

What type of products can be sold at a farmer's market?

Farmers markets typically allow the sale of fresh produce, baked goods, and artisanal food products. Some markets may also allow handmade crafts and other goods. It is important to check with the market manager for their specific guidelines and restrictions.

Do I need to have liability insurance to be a vendor at a farmer's market?

Most farmer's markets require vendors to have liability insurance. This is to protect both the vendor and the market in case of any accidents or incidents. It is important to check with the market manager for their specific insurance requirements.

What are the benefits of being a vendor at a farmer's market?

There are many benefits to being a vendor at a farmer's market, including direct interaction with customers, exposure to a large and diverse customer base, and the opportunity to build relationships with other vendors. It is also a great way to support and promote local and sustainable agriculture and businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • Bill Faber