• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Sales, Bookings, and Recruitment at Farmer's Markets - My Success Story!

In summary, the conversation is about the success of participating in farmer's markets as a direct sales consultant. One consultant had great results with $415 in sales, 8 new bookings, and 5 strong recruit leads. Another consultant is interested in trying it out and asks for advice and tips. The original consultant shares her experience and the success she has had at her local farmer's markets, with one market being more successful than the other. The conversation also discusses the rules and regulations of participating in farmer's markets as a direct sales vendor.
mrssyvo
If you are looking to boost your sales, bookings AND recruiting, get yourself into a Farmer's Market or 2. I have been at 1 FM all season, on Saturday morning, but just added a 2nd one for Sunday Morning, today being the 1st. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! In addition to the $415 in Sales, I have 8 new bookings and 5 STRONG recruit leads, they all circled 7 or higher on my scale of 1-10. 3 of them are 10's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was just on the drawing slip, even though I am not doing a drawing, I asked them to complete it if they wanted an invitation to my Fall Kick-off the end of August. Imagine what would have happened if I was actually there to recruit!!!!! (let me rephrase that, I am always looking to recruit, but I was not giving a recruiting talk, like at a show- I did not speak to any of them about the business before they completed the slip, is what I meant.)

Wow, that's awesome!

How did you get involved in the FM and how much does it cost you? Do you set up a booth each time you go?

would you post your slip please..... I would love to see it

Thanks

Sue, that is awesome!

Also, could you post a link to your drawing slip? I haven't seen one like that before. Just signed up to do one too and would love to see those kind of results!

That is incredible!!! I'm so happy for you. Let us know what happens with those leads!

Here is mine, it may be simmilar...

Attachments

• Favorite Fair guest care card 5.08.doc
    39 KB · Views: 468
The Farmers Market that they have around here consists of about 4 tents. I wish there was more b/c I would really LOVE to do this!!

I love your guest card, Paulette...I hope you don't mind if I steal it!!

I went to a farmers market and they said to be a vendor, I have to attend a meeting and the park authority board would have to approve my vendorship? Not sure how to proceed for that. The FM is only on Fridays all summer in late afternoon!

Here is the slip I used. The Sunday Farmer's Market has about 30 booths, and TONS of people- probably twice the size of my Saturday market. It is $250 for the Season (May-October) My Saturday 1 is $100 for the entire season, and I average $350 in sales at that one.

Attachments

• fair%20prize%20drawing%20slip[1].doc
    29 KB · Views: 384
mrssyvo said:
My Saturday 1 is $100 for the entire season, and I average $350 in sales at that one.

Is the average $350 in sales what you do every saturday that you attend?

Yes, There are some Saturdays that another consultant takes the booth,but when I have the booth, I pretty much always have $350 in sales or more. 1 Saturday, I had $300, but had to close up at 11:30 due to rain. This weekend, I have both Sat & Sunday markets, and I expect at least $700 in sales between the 2, not to mention bookings and recruit leads.

I checked with some local farmer's markets (we have quite a few...) and they all said that products sold have to be home-grown or hand-made. DS Vendors are not allowed.:cry:

SUE!! That is fabulous! I just know you are going to hit your goal and promote by Oct 1!!

mrssyvo said:
Yes, There are some Saturdays that another consultant takes the booth,but when I have the booth, I pretty much always have $350 in sales or more. 1 Saturday, I had $300, but had to close up at 11:30 due to rain. This weekend, I have both Sat & Sunday markets, and I expect at least $700 in sales between the 2, not to mention bookings and recruit leads.

WOW! I just emailed the person in charge of a local FM to see if they allow DS Vendors to set up.

Wow! This is great! I did one afternoon at a local farmers market here in town, and got one booking and one order. I was happy with that, considering the market was only 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon. I'll be heading back there this next weekend.

Which Farmer's Market did you go to? I know that there is one in Crown Point and St. John every weekend. Do you ever have anyone that just orders merchandise or are you just doing it to get bookings? I'm just curious how the whole thing works. Do you take a lot of products with you for people to see? Any info would be great!!

I do the Crown Point Farmer's Makret on most saturdays and the St John one every Sunday (last Sunday was my first, but I will be there every Sunday from now on. I signed a contract for the Crown Point one in the Spring, and opened some of the Saturdays up to consultants onmy team, and within my hospitality Cluster, but there was not too much response, which I am sort of glad, because it has been such a boost to my business. I will do the St John one by myself, unless a past hostess of mine signs soon, which she more than likely will. She lives in St John, and it would really get her started on a high note. I know there are other farmer's Market's in the area, but I am going to stick with these 2, they are close to home. I believe there is one in Schererville, Muenster, Thorton, Crete, and others. One other thing that is great is that I get first dibs on the space for next year.

I have some cash & carry items (corn knobs, season's best, corn butterers, mix & chops, spices, etc) and I take orders and deliver them the next week. I bring the party stick, displayed nice in a planter- the salad spinner, grill basket, grilling tools, Outdoor Caddy, plates and utinsels, really anything to do with produce, etc, that they would be buying at the Farmer's Market. The Crown Point FM limits DS to those who are food oriented, Tastefully Simple is there also. The St John Farmer's Market will allow anyone, there is even a Fuller Brush guy !!

Last edited:
So when you go do you take a bunch of products with you or just try to book shows? I'm just curious how the whole thing works. I wasn't sure if the purpose is to sell product or book shows.

My main purpose is to book shows and recruit, but the sales are nice also, really boosts my monthly sales total, and the recruiting is all a numbers game, so it gets me in front of many more people, so I guess it is 3-fold bonus. The reason I have things to sell, is because that is why they go to the market in the first place. And if someone is not familiar with The Pampered Chef, what better way to find out what we are all about, right? It really is about the wonderful products!!

1. What is the "Update...farmer's Market" event all about?

The "Update...farmer's Market" event is a new product launch by Pampered Chef that features a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets perfect for cooking with fresh produce from your local farmer's market.

2. When is the "Update...farmer's Market" event taking place?

The event will be taking place from June 1st to August 31st, giving you plenty of time to purchase your new kitchen essentials.

3. Can I purchase products from the "Update...farmer's Market" event online?

Yes, you can purchase products from the event on the Pampered Chef website or through an independent consultant.

4. Are there any exclusive deals or discounts during the "Update...farmer's Market" event?

Yes, during the event, there will be exclusive deals and discounts on select products, making it the perfect time to stock up on kitchen essentials or try something new.

5. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party during the "Update...farmer's Market" event?

Yes, you can still host a Pampered Chef party during the event and receive all the regular host benefits, as well as any additional promotions or discounts offered during the "Update...farmer's Market" event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings