• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Increase Bookings at My Fall Fair and Farmer's Market?

In summary, Brenda offers a gift certificate worth $15 to be used at their show or she will provide the ingredients for the demo recipe for their show. If that person doesn't book they can choose from several things valued at $4-6.
TheFreddiesCook
I need ideas to increase the chances of getting shows booked at a Fair I am doing this Saturday. i will also be doing a farmer's market in a few weeks... last time I did a FM, it was slow, no one booked, I had one order for a scraper. I want some tips to see if I can do better this time...

I have been in the quandry so I was thinking of offering my own special in addition to the Monthly Host Special. For example: Book/Hold/Submit your show in September (Forged Cutlery) get a 9x13 cutting board, etc. FREE from me. In October I was thinking of offering a cooking tool. People love things for FREE.

I also do a small drawing of an assortment of small items. The individuals who do not win the small drawing win a FREE cooking show (I send invites & purchase ingredients). This is a great way to follow up with those who stopped by your booth.

Good luck and hope you receive lots of bookings.

I offer a gift certificate worth $15 to be used at their show or I will provide the ingredients for the demo recipe for their show. If that person doesn't book they can choose from several things valued at $4-6. Runners up get 10% off their next order or if they book a show they get 15% extra off anything they order at their show with the show discount.

Don't spend money. If you have extra products laying around you can offer that but from experience I know that what I may have they may not want. When you call, you could ask them what they have on their wish list and offer something from that at a discount or free. Also, set a minimum for the show to count to get the prize ($300 show for example).

Do I type up, print and display these offers or just tell people as they walk by or stop at the table?

TheFreddiesCook said:
Do I type up, print and display these offers or just tell people as they walk by or stop at the table?

You can but I usually just say "Would you like to enter my drawing?" They usually don't even ask what it's for. I ask this after we've chatted a little.

In the past I had always done a drawing for a "Free Cooking show" but then I did a booth with another group that gave a gift certificate for $10 or $15 in FREE product for those who booked a show on the spot that day. The certificate would only be redeemable only through the cooking show. It also had an expiration date of the end of the year. I kind of liked that way because then you know who the ones who are really interested. I also had a sign-up sheet where people could sign up for my newsletter, catalog, and others. (I call it my "How can I help you" sheet).

Bren706 said:
In the past I had always done a drawing for a "Free Cooking show" but then I did a booth with another group that gave a gift certificate for $10 or $15 in FREE product for those who booked a show on the spot that day. The certificate would only be redeemable only through the cooking show. It also had an expiration date of the end of the year. I kind of liked that way because then you know who the ones who are really interested. I also had a sign-up sheet where people could sign up for my newsletter, catalog, and others. (I call it my "How can I help you" sheet).

Brenda, would you mind sharing your "how can I help you" sheet?

Yes, please show us an sample of your help sheet!

TheFreddiesCook said:
I need ideas to increase the chances of getting shows booked at a Fair I am doing this Saturday. i will also be doing a farmer's market in a few weeks... last time I did a FM, it was slow, no one booked, I had one order for a scraper. I want some tips to see if I can do better this time...

My fair is tomorrow!!!!

I am not sure what to do for incentives... I can't hardly spend money on this... I need to make it!!!! from orders and bookings... I lost a lot of $$ on that fundraiser that failed... So I am still confused a bit about what to offer tomorrow to get bookings and orders...

I'm in the same boat. Fair booth tomorrow and I really need bookings. I'm also still undecided as to what I'm going to do.I think I'm just going to try to get acquainted with the people that stop by and see what their interests are. I'm thinking of just using the benefits of hosting a show and the monthly special and let PC pay for the incentives. I was going to offer an extra $15 in products, but think maybe I shouldn't do that. I'm not doing a drawing either. I'm hoping that through talking to people, I'll get the ones who like PC to consider hosting or at least sign up for my newsletter.Other booths where I gave an incentive, it was just a booking incentive. The shows ended up with ok sales and zero bookings. I need to take responsibility for some of that, but...I also think the hosts weren't super motivated to reach any type of goal, because their reward from me was coming as long as they booked and held the show.I need to work on my host coaching and getting bookings at the shows, but in the meantime I need to get bookings from this fair. I'm tired of spending money on these incentives, because it takes away from my profits. But it's a hard thing because sometimes I think if it weren't for the incentive I wouldn't have gotten the bookings.So...decisions, decisions...

Bren I am doing a booth tomorrow and I am going to try your idea. I made some $10 gift certificates and anyone who books gets one to spend at their party. I hope it works. LOL

Another thing, NEVER EVER hand out a catalog without getting contact information.

TheFreddiesCook said:

I had the fair on Saturday... I booked one show for November from a lady that had a booth there and sells jewlery... NO orders, but i gave out old summer catalogs and 10 people filled out a slip to request a current one. Some seemed interested in actually ordering something, the others I was not sure... Oh, and one lady wanted info for a fundraiser for the church who was holding the fair...

Are these typical outcomes when you work at a fair?

TheFreddiesCook said:

i also brought a few spring/summer seasons' best to sell there, but no one wanted to buy it. They wanted them for free. I eventually gave them away, but I want some opinions on this, for next time...

My booth on Saturday went extremely well. I got 5 bookings with dates and everything! 3 Catalog shows and 1 possible recruit. My director asked me what I did and how I set up, so I just e-mailed her this:

I used 2 tables and created a V shape (point towards the inside of the canopy) with them and I stood in the middle (left enough room so I could scoot out and be in front of the tables if I wanted. I set up the new products on half of one table and then displayed some of the upcoming host specials. Everyone naturally gravitated towards the grill pan and press since I was standing right next to it and it was in the center. I put the new catalog in page protectors in a binder and kept that on the other table within my reach, because people would ask how much the cookware was. I also set up the mini kit and had a sign stand showing the new incentive flyer for joining.

I didn't offer a door prize. I made a "How Can I Help You" sign up on my clipboard and pointed that out to people. I did offer a $15 gift certificate to be used at their show, if they booked with me "even in pencil" right then. Catalog shows I didn't necessarily offer that. I might in my host coaching calls, offer it to them if their show reaches $400 or something.

I didn't get a ton of people signing up for my newsletter-that How Can I Help You Sheet, but I didn't mind. I only want to make contacts with people who will be interested in what I have to say when I do follow up calls. :D Everyone who looked kind of interested, but turned down my offer to sign my sheet I got to take one of the S/S catalogs. I pointed out my website and let them know about the outlet and that they can order anytime--they don't have to do a party. Some people seemed relieved and more interested once I pointed that out. But still, I know the odds of them actually doing anything with that catalog when they get home is very slim. But I figure those people were mostly the kind that would ignore my calls or say no. I could be wrong, but that's my thinking anyway.

As people walked past and glanced over, I'd say "Would you like to see what's new with The Pampered Chef?" Almost everyone stopped by when I said that. I had a few people stop by who were very interested in the display. I'd ask them if they have had a show recently or if they have a consultant already that they work with. I'm glad I said that off the bat, because there were several people who had a family member or a co-worker who are consultants and they are working w/ them. I'd let them know that I don't want to "steal" them away, and say, "You should contact them and have a party sometime. It's so much fun!" So maybe I helped someone else out.

The bookings and such were great...now the key is in the follow up. Hopefully they'll stick and I'll get some good shows out of them. One of the bookings, the girl came back over to me and asked to learn more about the business. She's a hair dresser and is looking for some additional income. I gave her some info and she said we can talk more about it on the phone. So if she's interested, I'll be seeing if she wants me to do her party and she'll get the kid credit coupon and sign up after. Or if she'll want to sign now and do her own party for her Grand Opening.

(I attached the pictures, but the sun was so bad, everything is all shadowy and not too clear. I meant to take more later and also more close up shots. It looked a lot nicer than these pictures suggest.)

Attachments

• IMG_1949.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 417
I love your display!!!!!!! Where did you get the banner that says Pampered Chef? I need to get one of those for my next one!

Great summary of what you did... I have some more ideas for my next ones, which are coming up the first weekend of October. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the shows!

Thanks! :) I made the banner through Vista print. It's kind of small, but it's good enough for now. :D

TheFreddiesCook said:
I love your display!!!!!!! Where did you get the banner that says Pampered Chef? I need to get one of those for my next one!

Great summary of what you did... I have some more ideas for my next ones, which are coming up the first weekend of October. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the shows!

Hi... you can get them thru Merrill. I got a solid cranberry one for about $18 and I like it very much! I also got a bank bag, a PC logo calculator, a shirt and some other small goodies.

Amanda.... way to go! Your display looks great and it sounds like you came out ok!

Can you post your how can I help you sheet? I have a booth next week and this all sounds so great!!

Someone else mentioned having a "How can I help you" sign up. I didn't see what hers looks like, not sure if she posted it, so I just went ahead and made something up. I put my info on the first line as an example, so people would see how to fill it out.*I'm so excited-did another booth yesterday and got one scheduled cooking show and 1 potential one and 2 catalog shows, plus 2 guys who really want to get stuff for their wives. :D

Attachments

• How Can I Help You.doc
    53 KB · Views: 559

1. How can I book a show at a fall fair?

To book a show at a fall fair, you can reach out to the event organizers and inquire about their vendor or exhibitor application process. You can also check the event's website or social media pages for any specific instructions on booking a booth or space.

2. Do I need to pay a fee to participate in a fall fair?

Yes, most fall fairs require a fee for vendors or exhibitors to participate. This fee helps cover the cost of organizing and hosting the event. The fee amount may vary depending on the size and popularity of the fair, so be sure to inquire about it beforehand.

3. What kind of products can I sell at a fall fair?

Fall fairs typically have a variety of vendors and exhibitors, so there is no specific restriction on the type of products you can sell. However, it is best to stick to fall-themed products such as homemade goods, seasonal decorations, or kitchen tools and gadgets that are perfect for holiday cooking and entertaining.

4. Can I share a booth with another Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can share a booth with another Pampered Chef consultant at a fall fair. Just make sure to coordinate with each other and the event organizers to avoid any confusion or conflicts. It can also be beneficial as you can split the cost of the booth fee and have more variety of products to offer.

5. How can I make my booth stand out at a fall fair?

To make your booth stand out at a fall fair, you can decorate it with fall-themed props and colors. You can also offer samples or demonstrations of your products to attract potential customers. Additionally, having special offers or discounts exclusive to the fall fair can entice visitors to stop by your booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb Bixler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ValM2010