• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Farmer's Market Encounter with Another PC Consultant

In summary, the mother of a friend's son ran into the author at son's M.S. back to school night and started talking. The author tells her she is doing Pampered Chef and the coffee stand lady comes up and they start talking. The author finds out the woman is a consultant and is upset she didn't mention it.
ChefEileen
Gold Member
:mad:

I went to my son's M.S. back to school night last night and I ran into the mother of my older son's friend. And we started talking and she asked me
what I was up to and I told her I was doing Pampered Chef. She said she stopped at a stand at the Farmer's Market that displayed PC (it was mine).

She did not realize it was mine, ( It was later in the day and I had left for day) at the time, so she was looking at a product and the lady that runs the coffee stand comes up to her and say "Oh I do Pampered Chef" and I already have it so you don't have to pay shipping HUH!:eek:

I have been at the market 3 weeks and this woman never mentioned she was a PC Consultant, I was so angry this morning that I could barely say anything to her. Maybe I am off base here, if I am, I am sorry but I feel she stepped over the line.

Sorry for the long vent :cry:

I can understand your disappointment and frusteration but, I don't really feel that she stepped over the line - afterall, you were gone for the day. I would have thought that she would have introduced herself to you though. Hopefully the person that she sold the item too won't need the warranty since they didn't get a receipt.....

So the coffee stand lady is a consultant as well? Did this woman come over to your booth after you had left and try to get business from your son's mother? If that is the case, I don't know if I could hold my tongue! She is already at the market getting business she shouldn't be taking anyone else's! People truly amaze me.

Isn't it in the PC contract that we don't sell PC & something else at the same time? ;)

Plus, you were there with a PC stand - hers was a coffee stand! I would be a bit upset, if someone was looking at my stand, and then someone else tried to sell that person the stuff I was selling, whether or not it was PC. Did you pay to have the stand? If so, I would consider talking to the oraganizer of the farmers market if it is an on going thing.

Last edited:
chefsteph07 said:
So the coffee stand lady is a consultant as well? Did this woman come over to your booth after you had left and try to get business from your son's mother? If that is the case, I don't know if I could hold my tongue! She is already at the market getting business she shouldn't be taking anyone else's! People truly amaze me.

your sons mother? Aren't you your sons mother?

Just messing with you, I one time said "my daughters mother" and my daughter couldn't stop laughing at me! I didn't even catch it, she said "MOM DUH YOU are my mother!!"

Glad you caught that..and glad that you all knew what I was talking about! Duh!
I AM BLONDE, YA KNOW! :angel:

Hmmm...you weren't there, but your stuff was? Was someone else running it or do you just leave it set up? I don't know. I've been at expos where I couldn't do it b/c there was another consultant. If I see someone looking and the consultant is busy, I might talk with the customer about the product and try to help the consultant actually. However, if I'm somewhere else and they notice my bag and ask questions, well they are up for grabs, I think.It is true that we aren't supposed to sell anything else at the same time/booth as PC. However, she really wasn't selling both in a booth. I don't think it's a big deal to have product on hand. If they want to save money with no warranty, great. I sell cash n carry and people love it. But then, I'm not one to pay extra for warranties usually and never QUITE get around to taking stuff back to the store.It is strange that she didn't mention she was a consultant. I was doing an expo last weekend and someone came right to me to tell me that she did PC too. I appreciate it was in a nice way. Some people are a little snotty about it...I don't really get that.Good luck with it. I would talk to her. She may not even have thought about it. They MAY have been chatting and maybe she REALLY needed it so she said...well, I do have one. I would find out. At least then you'd know if you should be mad. :)

Jules711 said:
Hmmm...you weren't there, but your stuff was? Was someone else running it or do you just leave it set up?

I don't know. I've been at expos where I couldn't do it b/c there was another consultant. If I see someone looking and the consultant is busy, I might talk with the customer about the product and try to help the consultant actually. However, if I'm somewhere else and they notice my bag and ask questions, well they are up for grabs, I think.

It is true that we aren't supposed to sell anything else at the same time/booth as PC. However, she really wasn't selling both in a booth.

I don't think it's a big deal to have product on hand. If they want to save money with no warranty, great. I sell cash n carry and people love it. But then, I'm not one to pay extra for warranties usually and never QUITE get around to taking stuff back to the store.

It is strange that she didn't mention she was a consultant. I was doing an expo last weekend and someone came right to me to tell me that she did PC too. I appreciate it was in a nice way. Some people are a little snotty about it...I don't really get that.

Good luck with it. I would talk to her. She may not even have thought about it. They MAY have been chatting and maybe she REALLY needed it so she said...well, I do have one. I would find out. At least then you'd know if you should be mad. :)

She runs the coffee stand and I have a PC stand set up. How it works is basically the honor system. We leave our booths set up. I have my business cards and info right at the booth. If she had told me she was PC Consultant and said I tried to help you out. It would be a different story. She never once mentioned she was with PC and today I waited to see if she would even tell me about this lady stopping by the booth (she didn't). So that is why I am upset. She didn't have it on hand but at home this lady would have to come back and pick it up.

I would be a little peeved too. I would want to approach her and let her know I believe in consultants supporting each other and if she is comfortable with that approach. If she's seemed confused about what I meant, I'd explain that one of the gals she approached is actually a friend of mine...who was taken aback by the attempt to 'snake' me. If I wasn't comfortable with the response, I'd have a chat with the market manager.

Thanks everyone, I took the advice and we had a long talk and every thing is OK. She has been with PC since 96 and already has a large client base, and didn't tell me because she thought I would be uncomfortable. I told it wasn't a problem for me if she did PC, but I mentioned next time a situation came up like that to just give the customer my card and I would take care of it. She was :cool: with it.

This lady not mentioning it to you because she thought you would be uncomfortable should have been reason enough for HER not to have approached her. She must have known it wasn't right, otherwise she would have told you. I think it was a bit sneaky myself.

But, glad that you hashed it out w/ her! That must make you feel better!

chefsteph07 said:
This lady not mentioning it to you because she thought you would be uncomfortable should have been reason enough for HER not to have approached her. She must have known it wasn't right, otherwise she would have told you. I think it was a bit sneaky myself.

But, glad that you hashed it out w/ her! That must make you feel better!

We did hash it out, and I do feel better, but that doesn't mean that I completely trust her :rolleyes:

We will see.

1. What is the purpose of the Farmer's Market - Vent?

The Farmer's Market - Vent is a versatile kitchen tool designed to help you easily drain and rinse fruits and vegetables from the farmer's market or grocery store. It also doubles as a strainer for draining pasta or canned goods.

2. How does the Farmer's Market - Vent work?

The Farmer's Market - Vent features a large strainer basket that sits atop a sturdy base with a built-in spout. Simply place your fruits or vegetables in the basket, then tilt the basket to let excess water drain out through the spout. The base also has non-slip grips to prevent it from slipping on your countertop.

3. What size fruits and vegetables can the Farmer's Market - Vent accommodate?

The strainer basket on the Farmer's Market - Vent can hold up to 6 cups of produce, making it suitable for most fruits and vegetables. However, larger items like heads of lettuce or bunches of herbs may need to be cut into smaller pieces to fit.

4. Is the Farmer's Market - Vent dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Farmer's Market - Vent is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Simply separate the basket from the base and place both parts in the dishwasher for a hassle-free clean up.

5. Can the Farmer's Market - Vent be used for hot food?

No, the Farmer's Market - Vent is not suitable for use with hot food or liquids. It is designed for use with cold or room temperature produce and can withstand temperatures up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
Replies