• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Suggestions for a Show Recipe....

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant trying to come up with a recipe for an upcoming show. The host wants an entree without a grill and the consultant wants to feature cookware. Suggestions are made for using a hot plate or featuring the Cheeseburger Salad, but the consultant also considers doing the ice cube demo and highlighting the versatility of the cookware. The Mandarin Pasta Salad is suggested as a possible option for the show.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
This is usually easy for me - but this one has me stumped.

I have a show next Tuesday - she wants to have it on her patio/deck....but without a grill. She wants an Entree. (I give my hosts a choice - appetizer, entree, or dessert show) What can I do outside without a grill that would be an Entree....and I really wanted to feature cookware.....hmmmmm. I have to call her this evening.
I'd love to do something that would be under 30 minutes - she is a mom of 3 who has a DH who travels out of town alot, and she has a crazy work schedule as a message therapist.

Well I guess it all how you do your show - I did a show outside on a patio and did the aloha pizza - I just had the pizza crust ready when I got there - You could of course do the Cheeseburger salad, or what about the colossal salad - (its summertime - lite fare)

Not sure how to use the cookware unless you bring a burner with you - then.......

Maybe the 30 minute Chicken or use a hot plate and do the Fast Family Fajitas. I have done both and those are the easiest I can think of.

Yes, Cheeseburger Salad is a great idea. I think it counts as an Entree.

How about something that goes in the oven? Prep it and then you only have to step away for a moment to put it in the oven.

You can make the One Pot Creamy Pasta as a 30 minute meal. Have your hostess buy minced garlic in the jar, california blend frozen veges, and the remainder of the listed ingredients on the recipe. Steam the veges in our large micro cooker, mix it all together in the 8qt covered stockpot and use the remainder of the suggested tools.

ChefBeckyD said:
This is usually easy for me - but this one has me stumped.

I have a show next Tuesday - she wants to have it on her patio/deck....but without a grill. She wants an Entree. (I give my hosts a choice - appetizer, entree, or dessert show) What can I do outside without a grill that would be an Entree....and I really wanted to feature cookware.....hmmmmm. I have to call her this evening.
I'd love to do something that would be under 30 minutes - she is a mom of 3 who has a DH who travels out of town alot, and she has a crazy work schedule as a message therapist.

Becky,
Do you have a hot plate & the 12 in skillet? If so, do the Toasted Angel Hair Pasta W/ sausage&peppers right there in front of them...They will Love It!!!:love:

I don't have a hotplate.....but the Cheeseburger Salad - DUH! Why didn't I think of that?

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah - what Linda said!

You guys are too funny!
Do you really have to do a recipe in the cookware or can you do the ice cube demo and create the "must have this cookware" desire with that? I use the ice cube at all my shows and give them word pictures of all the yummy things I make (and they can too ;)) in my 12 inch skillet. That would free you up to do a salad or something else. How about the Mandarin Pasta Salad with the chicken done in your ever so famous DCB?

chefruthie said:
You guys are too funny!
Do you really have to do a recipe in the cookware or can you do the ice cube demo and create the "must have this cookware" desire with that? I use the ice cube at all my shows and give them word pictures of all the yummy things I make (and they can too ;)) in my 12 inch skillet. That would free you up to do a salad or something else. How about the Mandarin Pasta Salad with the chicken done in your ever so famous DCB?

Hey Ruthie! Where have you been?

I love the idea of the Mandarin Pasta Salad! It's supposed to be warm all next week.....that might be great!

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Ruthie! Where have you been?

I love the idea of the Mandarin Pasta Salad! It's supposed to be warm all next week.....that might be great!

I've been on just for a little bit but it's usually late. I still want to call so we can chat verbally. When would be good time next week?
Sorry for the slight hijack!

chefruthie said:
I've been on just for a little bit but it's usually late. I still want to call so we can chat verbally. When would be good time next week?
Sorry for the slight hijack!

Hmmmm, Wednesday night? Or during the day Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.....

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmmm, Wednesday night? Or during the day Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.....

Great! It will be during the day for sure, just not sure yet which day.
Yikes, I just read the pit bull/Mom thread. And your brother is how old???

chefruthie said:
Great! It will be during the day for sure, just not sure yet which day.
Yikes, I just read the pit bull/Mom thread. And your brother is how old???

34 going on 12.....

Okay! You have my cell # if I'm not home.:thumbup:

Dor mentioned the Colossal Chopped Salad and that would be really good too. I change it up a bit to add even more products. It's a great hands on recipe. I can post the way I do it if you would like. That's pretty much all I have made this summer. It's inexpensive too!

What ingredients do I need for a show recipe?

The ingredients needed for a show recipe will vary depending on the specific recipe. We recommend checking the recipe on our website or reaching out to your Pampered Chef consultant for a list of ingredients.

Can I make substitutions for ingredients in a show recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions for ingredients in a show recipe. However, keep in mind that the final result may be slightly different from the original recipe. We recommend consulting with your Pampered Chef consultant for suggestions on appropriate substitutions.

Are there recipe options for dietary restrictions?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. You can search for these recipes on our website or ask your Pampered Chef consultant for recommendations.

How long does it take to prepare a show recipe?

The preparation time for a show recipe will vary depending on the recipe's complexity and the individual's cooking skills. We recommend allowing extra time for preparation if it is your first time making the recipe and consulting with your Pampered Chef consultant for any tips or tricks.

Can I use Pampered Chef products for show recipes?

Yes, Pampered Chef products are specifically designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable. You can use any of our products for show recipes, and we highly recommend using them for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jen5512
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • StaceyPagan