1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Need a DCB recipe for a combined Tastefully Simple show

1. jen5512

jen5512 Guest

I'm doing a combined show with Tastefully Simple on Tuesday and I wanted to do something to show off the Deep Covered Baker. We're doing the usual dips and beer bread and making Bacon Bacon Mini Appetizers with crescent rolls but we wanted to do one more quick recipe. Anyone have any ideas? I didn't want it to be an entree...something more appetizer-ish. Thanks

May 8, 2009
  2. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

This was posted earlier this week and I can't wait to try it. Could be done in the DCB...

Chile Verde Dip

1 can (16 ounces) refried black beans
    1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
    1 lime
    1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
    1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
    1 garlic clove, pressed
    1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
    1 can (3 1/4 ounces) pitted ripe olives, divided
    5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, divided (1 1/4 cups)
    1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In Small Batter Bowl, mix refried beans with 1 teaspoon of the Seasoning Mix; spread over bottom of Deep Dish Pie Plate.

Using juicer, juice lime to measure 1 tablespoon juice. In Classic Batter Bowl, mix cream cheese, lime juice, chilies, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, and remaining 1 tablespoon Seasoning Mix until smooth using Mix'N Scraper. Chop onion and half of olives using Food Chopper. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add onion, olives and 1 cup of the cheese to Batter Bowl; mix well.

Spoon cheese mixture over bean layer in Pie Plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until hot. Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Slice remaining olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese, olives and cilantro over hot dip. Serve hot with baked tortilla chips.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings ​

May 8, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I guess I would say be careful, people might realize they can make most of the dips TS offers instead of buying their expensive mixes!

4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I'd just pop a 30 minute chicken in at the beginning, and show them how it can be done!

May 8, 2009
  5. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

I'm so glad you posted this!! One of my girlfriends & I are going to do an open house together.. She sells TS!!

May 8, 2009
  6. jen5512

jen5512 Guest

That's a good idea... we were going to put chopped chicken in the appetizers we're making but maybe we won't and do the 30 min chicken, with one of their seasonings on it. I've read through the instructions but I've actually never done the 30 min chicken for a show. Any tips?

May 8, 2009
  7. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Confirm the microwave is big enough.
    Have the chicken washed before you get there.

May 8, 2009
  8. PamperChefCarol

PamperChefCarol Veteran Member

Do the BBQ chicken sandwiches. Quick, 20 min and you could get small rolls to serve them on. Plus it really shows everyone how awesome our BBQ rub is.

LOVE THIS RECIPE.

9. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

The chicken will be ready in 30m IF left uncovered. If you use the cover, plan on 45 minutes. (that's if your micro is 1000W). The "juiciness" is the same either way. It's impressive and a "you have to see it, to believe it" I like to make sure the seasoning/rub is also "under the chicken skin" since most discard the skin, and all the flavor with it.

10. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

You can also just pull/cut the skin off before you roast it, and just add the oil and seasonings right to the meat. It's a lower fat way to roast it, and it turns out just the same! (Way back when we started doing this recipe w/ PC, it was in the instructions that you can do it that way - and it works great!)

May 8, 2009
  11. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I wondered about that! Thanks so much Becky D! Glad to know it doesn;t make it dry.

Have something to add?