• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Dcb Recipe for a Combined Tastefully Simple Show

J
jen5512
I'm doing a combined show with Tastefully Simple on Tuesday and I wanted to do something to show off the Deep Covered Baker. We're doing the usual dips and beer bread and making Bacon Bacon Mini Appetizers with crescent rolls but we wanted to do one more quick recipe. Anyone have any ideas? I didn't want it to be an entree...something more appetizer-ish. Thanks

This was posted earlier this week and I can't wait to try it. Could be done in the DCB...

Chile Verde Dip

1 can (16 ounces) refried black beans
1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 lime
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 can (3 1/4 ounces) pitted ripe olives, divided
5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, divided (1 1/4 cups)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In Small Batter Bowl, mix refried beans with 1 teaspoon of the Seasoning Mix; spread over bottom of Deep Dish Pie Plate.

Using juicer, juice lime to measure 1 tablespoon juice. In Classic Batter Bowl, mix cream cheese, lime juice, chilies, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, and remaining 1 tablespoon Seasoning Mix until smooth using Mix'N Scraper. Chop onion and half of olives using Food Chopper. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add onion, olives and 1 cup of the cheese to Batter Bowl; mix well.

Spoon cheese mixture over bean layer in Pie Plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until hot. Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Slice remaining olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese, olives and cilantro over hot dip. Serve hot with baked tortilla chips.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings​

I guess I would say be careful, people might realize they can make most of the dips TS offers instead of buying their expensive mixes!

I'd just pop a 30 minute chicken in at the beginning, and show them how it can be done!

I'm so glad you posted this!! One of my girlfriends & I are going to do an open house together.. She sells TS!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'd just pop a 30 minute chicken in at the beginning, and show them how it can be done!

That's a good idea... we were going to put chopped chicken in the appetizers we're making but maybe we won't and do the 30 min chicken, with one of their seasonings on it. I've read through the instructions but I've actually never done the 30 min chicken for a show. Any tips?

jen5512 said:
That's a good idea... we were going to put chopped chicken in the appetizers we're making but maybe we won't and do the 30 min chicken, with one of their seasonings on it. I've read through the instructions but I've actually never done the 30 min chicken for a show. Any tips?

Confirm the microwave is big enough.
Have the chicken washed before you get there.

Do the BBQ chicken sandwiches. Quick, 20 min and you could get small rolls to serve them on. Plus it really shows everyone how awesome our BBQ rub is.

LOVE THIS RECIPE.

jen5512 said:

The chicken will be ready in 30m IF left uncovered. If you use the cover, plan on 45 minutes. (that's if your micro is 1000W). The "juiciness" is the same either way. It's impressive and a "you have to see it, to believe it" I like to make sure the seasoning/rub is also "under the chicken skin" since most discard the skin, and all the flavor with it.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
The chicken will be ready in 30m IF left uncovered. If you use the cover, plan on 45 minutes. (that's if your micro is 1000W). The "juiciness" is the same either way. It's impressive and a "you have to see it, to believe it" I like to make sure the seasoning/rub is also "under the chicken skin" since most discard the skin, and all the flavor with it.

You can also just pull/cut the skin off before you roast it, and just add the oil and seasonings right to the meat. It's a lower fat way to roast it, and it turns out just the same! (Way back when we started doing this recipe w/ PC, it was in the instructions that you can do it that way - and it works great!)

ChefBeckyD said:
You can also just pull/cut the skin off before you roast it, and just add the oil and seasonings right to the meat. It's a lower fat way to roast it, and it turns out just the same! (Way back when we started doing this recipe w/ PC, it was in the instructions that you can do it that way - and it works great!)

I wondered about that! Thanks so much Becky D! Glad to know it doesn;t make it dry.

1. What is a Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and how does it work?

A Deep Covered Baker is a type of baking dish made by the company Pampered Chef. It is made of stoneware and has a lid that creates a seal, allowing food to cook evenly and retain moisture. The stoneware also helps to distribute heat evenly for more consistent cooking.

2. Can I use the DCB for appetizers and not just main dishes?

Yes, the DCB can be used for a variety of dishes, including appetizers. It is great for making dips, bread, and other small bites. It can also be used in the oven or microwave for quick and easy cooking.

3. Do you have any suggestions for a quick and easy DCB recipe for a combined Tastefully Simple show?

One easy and delicious idea could be to make a layered dip in the DCB. Layer beans, salsa, cheese, and other toppings of your choice in the dish and bake until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips for a tasty appetizer that showcases the DCB.

4. Is the DCB easy to clean and maintain?

Yes, the DCB is dishwasher safe and can also be easily cleaned with hot water and a mild detergent. It is important to avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware, as it can scratch the surface.

5. Can I use the DCB for both hot and cold dishes?

Yes, the DCB can be used for both hot and cold dishes. It is great for baking and cooking, but can also be used as a serving dish for chilled dips or salads. Just make sure to allow the dish to cool down before adding cold food to it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • msunn1973
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • wadesgirl