• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes/Themes for a Deck/Patio Party?

I'm glad you're excited about the show! Thanks so much for your question and I'm sure everything will turn out great.
esavvymom
Staff member
I have at least 2 hosts this summer- one coming up soon, that was hesitant about a show in her house, but was all for the idea of doing a party on her patio/deck. But I've only done 1 live cooking show so far, and that was months ago! I don't have enough experience to know how to make it work and what recipe(s) to offer.I'd love to incorporate the DCB into this somehow. But I didn't know if you do recipes that require NO cooking, or maybe simple-prep recipes and then just go pop the DCB into the microwave while the rest of the show continues outside?Suggestions?? I have to give my menu options to my first patio-host very soon. Oh- and I do not plan on using the grill. I stink at BBQing. :D

So far, I've come up with:(1) Hawaiian theme in which (if it works), I make the Hawaiian Chicken in the DCB, but while that cooks inside, I can make up the Hawaiian Dip w/Fruit Kebabs and/or Apple Berry Salsa and tortilla chips (pre-made).

How about the homemade salsa? You can prepare that outside on the deck and it features the classic batterbowl and the salad choppers. And while you do that, you can have the chicken fajitas baking in the microwave. Course, if you have a plug, you can bring the microwave outside. Offer the DCB Bundle.

Make it a Mexican Fiesta theme - and add Margaritas!

First... what is the Hawaiian Chicken? That sounds very interesting! Please share...

I have a couple deck shows coming up and we are making them both Margarita shows... either like a Margaritaville/Jimmy Buffet show or a Mexican Fiesta... I'm planning on making the fajitas in the DCB, the Slap Your Mama Margaritas in the Quick Stir Pitcher and for the one (it's my sister's party) we might do the Margarita Grilled Shrimp in the Grill Basket. I hadn't thought about the pass around salsa, we might do that too... I'll ask the hosts about that. I don't really see a problem using the microwave inside while you're out. You can do all of the prep work outside and then have the host run it in and then come back out. And either set a timer so that you'll kind of know when the timer goes off if you won't be able to hear it from the deck.

The Hawaiian Chicken is a recipe I found on the 2-page Deep Covered Baker Recipes that is in the Files section (before PC came out with their version).

It is a whole chicken in the backer. Brush on a thick coat of Apricot Jam. Pour a can of pineapples over chicken with some maraschino cherries. The recipe says to cover and bake of 1.5 hrs at 375....but tonight I'm going to try it in the microwave and see if it works like our 30-minute chicken recipes. And then serve with rice and a green veggie or something. :D I asked about this recipe in the microwave in the Deep Covered Baker Recipe thread and have to report the results there- so I will here too.

Here is how the Hawaiian Chicken turned out- our review. All in all, a :thumbup:

Last edited:
chefpaulaB could you tell me all about how and what you do for a margaritaville/Jimmy Buffet theme show? I have a outdoor grilling show coming up and the host wants it to be like friends over for a cookout and drinks. I thought this sounded like something I could offer to her and see what she thought. If you have the recipes for the fajitas, margaritas, grilld shrimp and pass around salsa that would be great!!! And could you tell me a little bit about the "pass around salsa" idea and how that works. This sounds like alot of fun and a show I would that fits my personality. Thanks for you help

Well, the the fajitas are the fajitas that a lot of people do, I'll attach a recipe for those and the other stuff... There are some invitations for the Margaritaville shows in the Files section... just type in margarita and you'll get a bunch of stuff. Basically you just do it all outside, the margaritas are really good, everyone I make them for loves them and they are so easy! With the Margarita Grilled Shrimp I thought instead of doing the skewers I'd just throw it all in the grill basket. The pass around salsa is a lot of fun and gets the people helping. There are several threads in the recipes section discussing the fajitas and pass around salsa and there are several different variations. You could even use the new pineapple salsa recipe to change it up a little, make it a little more Caribbean/Jimmy Buffet Style! Anyway, if you have any other questions, I know that I didn't go into a lot of detail, but I think that the recipes themselves are pretty self explanatory. As far as the show itself, I plan on bringing my Jimmy Buffet CD and have that playing in the background and offering a prize for anyone who dresses in beach attire, and of course dressing that way myself... and maybe have a few small beach/Margaritaville decorations around... If anyone else has anything to add as far as the recipes, other than the Slap Your Mama Margaritas, I don't really have a ton of experience with the other recipes, but I think they all sound fairly doable...

Margarita Grilled Shrimp
(Great Grilling Recipe Card Collection)

1/2 cup thawed, frozen limeade concentrate
1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 tsp salt
1 whole fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
24 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 12 ounces)

1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. In small bowl, combine limeade concentrate, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and salt. Cut pineapple into 3/4 inch thick slices. Thread shrimp onto four 12 inch skewers.

2. Place pineapple slices on lightly greased grid of grill; brush with a portion of the limeade mixture using Barbecue Basting Brush. Grill, covered, 10-12 minutes or until grill marks appear on both sides, turning once and brushing with limeade mixture. Remove pineapple from grill. Place skewers on grid of grill; grill 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once and brushing with remaining limeade mixture.

3. To serve, cut pineapple slices into quarters and place on Simple Additions Medium Squares; serve with shrimp.

Makes 4 servings.

Cook's Tip: To peel a pineapple, slice off the crown and stem end. Stand the fruit upright and carefully slice off the peel from top to bottom. Remove "eyes", if necessary, using the tip of the Paring Knife.

Slap Your Mama Margaritas

2 cans 7 - up (I actually use Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero, cut back on calories a little... also, I just buy the 2 liter and fill the limemade container up twice)
1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
8 oz tequila
1 bottle Corona beer
(no substitutes)

Just dump everything into the QUICK STIR PITCHER
and plunge. To make it even “slushier”, freeze the 7-up, beer and tequila ahead of time. If you have the family size Quick Stir Pitcher you can make 2-3 batches at once (they go fast!). I also sometimes, run a fresh cut lime over the rim of the glass and dip in Margarita salt and squeeze the lime into the glass before filling.

Easy Chicken Fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker

Ingredients:
3 or 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1-2 Bell Peppers (preferably red, yellow or orange)
1 large Onion
1 small lime or ½ lime
Southwestern Seasoning Mix
6-inch Flour Tortillas

Toppings:
Gaucamole (pre-made or homemade)
Salsa
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheese

Directions:
1. Fill the Mini Baker with 6-inch tortillas, cover with foil, and put in a 250 degree oven to warm. Or, put the Mini Baker in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel for 30-45 seconds to warm the tortillas.

2. Slice the bell peppers with the Ultimate Mandoline or the Forged Cutlery Knife. Slice the onion with Apple Wedger. Put onions and bell peppers in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker, sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Add the raw chicken on top of the peppers and onions (leave a little space between the chicken breasts), squeeze lime over the chicken using the Citrus Press and then sprinkle with another tablespoon of Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Add a little bit of salt. Cover with the lid and microwave for 15 minutes.

3. When the chicken is done (cut into a piece or check with the Pocket Thermometer to make sure it is done), cut it up in the baker using the Salad Choppers. Push the veggies to one side of the Deep Covered Baker and put the chicken back in on the other side. Use the Small Bamboo Tongs for serving.

Southwest Salsa

½ jalepeno pepper
6 roma tomatoes (tomato knife)
3 green onions (herb keeper)
¼ white onion
1/8 c. cilantro (kitchen shears)
1 tbsp Pampered Chef Southwest Seasoning
1 lime pressed (citrus press)
1 clove garlic (garlic press)

Slice and chop jalapeno separately, for even distribution. Add all ingredients, and chop away!!! Great for shows, pass around and let everyone chop away, too! It's usually best to add the tomatoes last.

thx for posting Paula - I didn't have all of those recipes! :love:

stefani2 said:
thx for posting Paula - I didn't have all of those recipes! :love:

Your welcome!

I would keep it simple- chicky fajitas in DCB and margaritas (made ahead of time). I like the ring of fajita/magarita show and it is a demo you could pull of in 20-25 minutes tops and it would be less than $2 per serving! Fast fun and fabulous!

yeah. I'm liking the fajitas idea more and more. I've made those before and liked them as written.I got a few other ideas from the Wow call this week I listened to about summer themes. I'll post those when I listen again and take notes this time. I listened yesterday while mashing strawberries for jam.But a few she mentioned was Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, and also an Ice Cream Social (love that idea! It gets really HOT and muggy here in NC in the summer...those would be nice inside OR out.)

letmepamperu13 said:
I would keep it simple- chicky fajitas in DCB and margaritas (made ahead of time). I like the ring of fajita/magarita show and it is a demo you could pull of in 20-25 minutes tops and it would be less than $2 per serving! Fast fun and fabulous!

Yeah, I'm thinking that throwing the grilled shrimp in too would get pretty pricey for the host! As I was typing it all up, I started thinking about that. I still think maybe the pass around salsa with the fajitas though... depending on what the host wants to put into it...

for my show next week, it's a "Free Cooking Show" coupon...so the food is from me...so yes- cheap is good! :D

I know there are probably MORE, but I was compiling some Grill Basket recipe ideas for a couple of customers (I've sold 3 of those in the last two weeks! I don't even own one yet, but after reading these recipes, I think I'll get one!)

Anyway- here is what I compiled. You can get the general idea of what to do with it though. :D These are NOT my ideas. I got them from other users on CS.

Attachments

• GRILL BASKET RECIPE IDEAS.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 959
ChefPaulaB said:
Call #4 doesn't have a link yet....

I haven't gotten the audio link yet. Hopefully I will. For now, it's only the call-in option. :( Sorry.

esavvymom said:
I haven't gotten the audio link yet. Hopefully I will. For now, it's only the call-in option. :( Sorry.

That's okay... was just confused... but I confuse easily! :confused:

thank you so much for taking the time to type all the recipes and what you do at the show. I will put every bit of it to use! I think we are going to have a great time! Thank you thank you!!!!!

letmepamperu13 said:

What is the "ring of fajita/margarita" show? Is there a recipe for this ring?

RossDeb2 said:
What is the "ring of fajita/margarita" show? Is there a recipe for this ring?

I think what she meant was the sound of fajita/margarita show...

1. What are some easy recipes I can make for a deck/patio party?

Some easy recipes for a deck/patio party include grilled chicken skewers, fruit salad, pasta salad, and shrimp cocktail. These dishes are simple to make and can be prepared in advance to save time during the party.

2. What types of food work well for a deck/patio party?

Foods that work well for a deck/patio party include finger foods such as chips and dip, mini sandwiches, and veggies with dip. Grilled meats and vegetables are also great options. Additionally, dishes that can be easily eaten while standing or mingling are ideal for a deck/patio party.

3. What are some themed menu ideas for a deck/patio party?

Some themed menu ideas for a deck/patio party include a Mexican fiesta with tacos, salsa, and margaritas, a Hawaiian luau with grilled pineapple, teriyaki chicken, and mai tais, or a Mediterranean spread with hummus, pita bread, and grilled kebabs.

4. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions for a deck/patio party?

To accommodate dietary restrictions for a deck/patio party, consider offering a variety of options such as vegetarian or gluten-free dishes. Labeling dishes with their ingredients can also be helpful for guests with allergies. Another option is to have a build-your-own station, such as a taco bar, where guests can customize their meals to fit their dietary needs.

5. What are some tips for creating a fun and festive atmosphere for a deck/patio party?

Some tips for creating a fun and festive atmosphere for a deck/patio party include decorating with string lights, colorful tablecloths, and fresh flowers. Playing upbeat music and setting up lawn games can also add to the party atmosphere. Don't forget to provide ample seating and shade for guests to relax and enjoy the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperdpaula
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ChefBeckyD