• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Weekend Bookings & Unexpected Travel: Advice Needed

In summary, due to some random openings in my area, I now find myself working different booths every weekend for the next three weeks! While I know this is an awesome opportunity, I'm a little afraid that the early booth callers will feel put out because all my weekends are full through September... and I'm going out of the country Sept. 21-29. Can anyone offer advice for booking more weeknight shows, and/or getting people to book a month in advance?
chefmelody
Due to some random openings in my area, I now find myself working different booths every weekend for the next three weeks! :eek: While I know this is an awesome opportunity, I'm a little afraid that the early booth callers will feel put out because all my weekends are full through September... and I'm going out of the country Sept. 21-29.

Can anyone offer advice for booking more weeknight shows, and/or getting people to book a month in advance? I don't want to lose any of these potential contacts!

Melody,

I only do weednight shows so if you have those evenings free I would just work on filling the September dates you want first. Not sure where you are on filling your callendar. October has an awesome special with the new knives so I think booking out into October shouldn't be a problem. Most of my bookings happen a month out from the contact anyway. Just make sure you have a calendar available with the dates you have open and maybe highlight the first few you want to fill or put post-it notes on the open dates. That way you can write their date on the post-it for them and then fill in their information on the calendar. I've just got a couple of shows booked from people at a fair in May so not everyone is looking for right away. Just make sure to keep following up! Good luck and keep that smile on :).

Michele

Be honest...Just tell them that you are booked up. People don't need to know the real reason why you are, you just are. Don't let yourself feel guilty for being busy with other items.

If they really want to host a show in September, they'll find a date that will fit into your schedule, and if not, book for October.

I always put everything on my calendar - from doctor appointments to hair appoitntments to shows to I'll need a sitter on certain days because my husband is unavailable. First and foremost it makes you appear busy with your PC business, although you may not necessarily be, and forces people to choose an open date - which is really what you want anyways.

People want to book with busy people, for some reason! Maybe it makes it look like you are successful and in demand?

Hi there! First of all, congratulations on the random openings in your area - that's great news! I can understand your concern about the early booth callers feeling put out, but remember that it's important to prioritize your schedule and make sure you don't overbook yourself. In terms of booking more weeknight shows, have you tried reaching out to your contacts and offering them a special incentive for booking a weeknight show? You could offer them a free product or a discount on their order if they book a show during the week. You could also try hosting a virtual party during the week, which can be a great way to reach a wider audience and book more shows. Another idea is to create a sense of urgency by letting your contacts know that your weekends are filling up quickly and if they want to secure a spot, they should book now. You could also offer them a sneak peek of new products or recipes that will only be available at your upcoming shows. Lastly, don't be afraid to follow up with potential contacts who have expressed interest in hosting a party but haven't booked yet. Sometimes a gentle reminder can be all they need to make a decision. I hope these suggestions help and good luck with your upcoming shows! Remember, it's all about finding a balance and making sure you take care of yourself while also providing great opportunities for your clients. Best of luck!

What is the best way to manage weekend bookings and unexpected travel while working for Pampered Chef?

The key to managing weekend bookings and unexpected travel while working for Pampered Chef is to plan ahead and communicate with your customers. Start by setting clear boundaries and expectations with your customers about your availability on weekends and during travel. You can also utilize tools like the Pampered Chef app to easily manage and update your schedule.

How can I ensure that my customers are still receiving the best service while I am away for unexpected travel?

One way to ensure that your customers are still receiving the best service while you are away for unexpected travel is to have a backup plan in place. Consider partnering with another Pampered Chef consultant who can assist your customers in your absence. You can also prepare and freeze some of your most popular recipes so that your customers can still purchase and enjoy them while you are away.

What should I do if I have a weekend booking but also need to travel for a family emergency?

In the case of a family emergency, it is important to prioritize your personal obligations and communicate openly with your customers. Reach out to your host or customers as soon as possible and offer to reschedule or find a replacement consultant to handle the event. Your customers will understand and appreciate your honesty.

How can I make the most of unexpected travel and turn it into a business opportunity?

Unexpected travel can actually be a great opportunity to expand your Pampered Chef business. Take advantage of the new location and reach out to potential customers in the area. You can also use social media to promote your business and offer virtual cooking classes or parties during your travels.

Is it okay to mix business and pleasure during unexpected travel?

It is ultimately up to you and your personal preferences, but it is generally recommended to separate business and pleasure during unexpected travel. This will allow you to fully enjoy your trip without feeling overwhelmed or stressed about work. However, if you do choose to mix the two, make sure to schedule and prioritize your time accordingly so that you can still take care of your customers and enjoy your trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• n_coleman101
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • dymplz8
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kspry
  • Kjurich