• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Several Questions I'd Like Advice on

In summary, the author wants to continue doing PC but wants to slow down and focus on the business aspects of it. He is currently working two jobs and trying to balance his time. He wants to focus on the business and bookings instead of having too many shows that he cannot control. He recommends asking either/or questions to control the calendar. He also recommends scheduling shows for Saturday afternoon so that he has more time to focus on the business.
kcmckay
Gold Member
This is very long I'm sorry but read on at your own risk

Ok here is the backstory. I've been doing PC for close to 2 years now. I love it. I started strong and fell off but kept it going. Went inactive first summer an reactivated in August. Kept Active since with at least a catalog show each month. It seems I've never had more than 2 shows hold a month and usually only one is a cooking show. I'm looking good as far as active status right now. I have 2 shows on books for Sept though one might fall off, still trying to contact host. I've got 2 for October and 1 in November. I'm not too worried about december yet.

So on to the topics. I'd really planned to focus on the business and find recruits and try my heart out to earn Disney. Well this week I was on vacation from my other jobs and didn't too much with PC!:eek: I know not my original intention. However I guess I just needed the break. I work at a bank Full Time and also work PT in a subb shop. I was working 2 nights and Sunday mornings. I cut a night out for sake of PC. Also starting Monday I'm doing a boot camp excercise thing for 9 weeks Monday and Wed. We are also in the process of looking to buy a house. We are in crunch mode on house because we'd really like to qualify for the tax credit. I also took some time during vacation to pack up some things that are non essentials to save time when I'm back to being busy busy.

Ok so my dilemma with PC is this. I want to continue but kind of want to slow it down a little. I really need to focus on the house right now. Once we find a house and get settled hopefully (well with my say definitely) with my very own PC office space where I can truly get organized I will refocus on PC and work harder on my goal to make that the FT breadwinning job for me.

I'm still going to focus and do the best shows I can and work at getting bookings. However, I don't want to have so many that it's too much. I basically need advice on following:

How do I control my schedule without losing potential hosts?

How do you manage to only work the nights that you are available?
Ex. I changed my night to tuesday and 2 of my hosts couldn't do any other night of week that I could do. I had planned on thursday, Friday and Saturday to be my show nights that I was available. But I didn't want to lose 2 shows!:(

Will potential recruits actually want to sign under me when I'm slowing my momentum down?

Thanks any and all advice is welcomed.

As far as the scheduling of nights goes, just have your calendar there and block off "Taken" the nights you are not available. Use sticky notes. don't explain that you are working other jobs, just that these nights are free and these are 'taken'. Or try saturday afternoon for a show.I don't think with your current averages of shows you will have a problem getting over booked. Your calendar will reflect that and stretch out the shows as you can manage them.Good luck on the house.

The good and bad thing is that the days you have shows on tend to breed bookings for that same day. If you have a show on a Tuesday, the guests there are likely to book a Tuesday because they're free (they came to the show right?). It's hard to get there, but once you're there, you'll be good.

To get there, like Judy said, just let them know these are your free dates. Start by asking "would you prefer a weekday or a weekend show?" If they say a weekday, then say "I do my shows on Thursdays and Fridays, which would work better for you?"
"Friday"
"OK, I have the 18th and the 25th available, which would work better for you?"

If you control the conversation, you control your calendar. If you just ask "when would you like to do your show?" you leave it up to them, and you have no control.

I do exactly what judybabe and Noora said. I ask either/or questions. I mark my days as "unavailable." They don't need to know why I'm unavailable. I just am. Don't be afraid to stick to your guns. Don't explain. Jsut tell them what you have open and let them choose.

Hi there! First of all, let me say that it's totally understandable to need a break from time to time, especially when juggling multiple jobs and trying to buy a house. It's important to take care of yourself and your personal life first, so don't feel guilty about taking some time off from PC. It sounds like you have a good plan in place for when you do have more time to focus on the business.As for controlling your schedule without losing potential hosts, I would suggest being open and honest with them about your availability. Let them know that you are currently in the process of buying a house and that you may need to limit your shows for the time being. Also, don't be afraid to say no if you feel like you already have enough shows on your calendar. Remember, quality over quantity is important for successful shows.In terms of managing your show nights, it might be helpful to have a set schedule for when you are available to do shows. For example, you could have Tuesdays and Thursdays as your designated show nights and let potential hosts know that those are the only days you are available. This will help you stay organized and prevent double booking or overbooking yourself.As for potential recruits, I don't think slowing down your momentum will necessarily deter them from signing under you. It's more important to be honest and transparent about your current situation and your future plans with the business. Let them know that you are still committed to PC and that once things settle down with your personal life, you will be able to dedicate more time and effort to the business.Overall, don't put too much pressure on yourself and remember to prioritize your personal life first. Good luck with everything and I'm sure you will be able to find a good balance between PC and your other responsibilities. Best of luck to you!

1. What is "Several Questions I'd Like Advice on"?

"Several Questions I'd Like Advice on" is a platform where individuals can post their questions and receive helpful advice from others. It is a community-driven Q&A site where people can share their knowledge and experiences to assist others.

2. How can I ask a question on "Several Questions I'd Like Advice on"?

To ask a question on "Several Questions I'd Like Advice on", simply click on the "Ask a Question" button on the homepage. Then, enter your question in the designated field and provide any relevant details or context. Make sure to also select relevant tags to help others find your question.

3. Can I answer questions on "Several Questions I'd Like Advice on"?

Yes, anyone can answer questions on "Several Questions I'd Like Advice on". Simply browse through the questions and click on the "Answer" button to provide your advice or insights. You can also upvote helpful answers to show your appreciation.

4. How do I edit or delete my question on "Several Questions I'd Like Advice on"?

To edit or delete your question on "Several Questions I'd Like Advice on", go to your profile page and click on the question you want to edit or delete. Then, click on the "Edit" or "Delete" button next to your question. Keep in mind that once a question is deleted, it cannot be undone.

5. How do I report inappropriate content on "Several Questions I'd Like Advice on"?

If you come across any inappropriate content on "Several Questions I'd Like Advice on", please click on the "Report" button located beneath the question or answer. This will bring the content to the attention of the moderators who will review it and take appropriate action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chefgirl2