• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week

In summary, Pampered Chef is offering a promotion for consultants to host their own cooking show between April 27th and May 3rd. Participants have the chance to win special gifts and prizes such as a grand prize winner each day. The promotion is open to all types of shows, including fundraisers. Some consultants are planning to take advantage of this opportunity, while others have concerns about fitting it into their schedule or the likelihood of being selected. The benefits and drawbacks of hosting your own show are discussed, including not receiving the booking benefit and having a different commission structure. Some consultants have already planned their own shows for that week, while others are still considering it. There are also some mixed reactions to the specific prizes being offered.
niclowther
Gold Member
Check out the details in your email!

"Hosting your own Cooking Show is a great way to increase sales, bookings and recruiting leads. From April 27 to May 3, we're making it even more fun and exciting for you and your guests.

Between April 27 and May 3, we're drawing 100 Consultant-hosted Shows a day and one grand prize winner a day, and rewarding them with special gifts. Start planning your Show today! "

How cool! But, I never seem to be lucky.

Did you see the grandprize winner a day gets a ton of paperwork (catalogs etc)? That would be nice!

Will it still count if it's a Fundraiser Cooking Show? I was going to do one for HWC.

Yes it will. Cooking, fundraiser, and wedding shower- as long as held when they call (you register your shows on consultant corner).

I was thinking of doing this too...but I have to talk to my family! My husband is getting back surgery April 23rd and I'm not sure how he will be feeling? So I was thinking of doing it at my Mother's house but I'd have to ask about that too! Hmmmm...what a GREAT idea though! Since becoming a consultant in Feb of 07 I have yet to have my own show! I am thinking maybe doing a HWC fundraiser show would be REALLLY nice!! Hmmm....Guess we'll see!

Heather - You haven't had your own show yet? I do at least two a year. Either cooking or catalog. I was actually thinking about this since my April was looking a little light.

huh:grumpy: figures I've scheduled my own for this Tuesday because I have nothing for April!! I suppose if I have a poor showing I could do another one at end of the month but was hoping this one would generate some late month leads for shows!!!Oh well I'll have to see what happens.

I hear ya Katie. I need to have my own soon too. My April is looking sad. I had a great March and May is shaping up, but geese April!

I already had 2 scheduled for that week! Hooray! Not sure if I could do any more, b/c I will be traveling to Fl for these 2 shows!

what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of hosting your own cooking show? Like, if the consultant (ME) is acting as host, would I get the same host benefits? same commission?

thanks!

mscharf said:
I already had 2 scheduled for that week! Hooray! Not sure if I could do any more, b/c I will be traveling to Fl for these 2 shows!

But they only count if you are the host & consultant....

Hmmm, not sure how I will do my own show that week. I already have 3 shows scheduled, and that's already 1 more than I usually do. It's just not a big enough carrot for me to kill myself doing 4 shows.

caraighan said:
what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of hosting your own cooking show? Like, if the consultant (ME) is acting as host, would I get the same host benefits? same commission?

thanks!

You get the same host benefits, except for the booking benefit. You make the same commission on guest sales, but you don't make any commission on your own order.

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmm, not sure how I will do my own show that week. I already have 3 shows scheduled, and that's already 1 more than I usually do. It's just not a big enough carrot for me to kill myself doing 4 shows.

So I finally got the email, and I think it sounded better than it is. I am trying to figure out what are the odds of being selected? 100 in ???

Now if they said that if you host your own show you get the booking slide I would do it, but I'm not a luck person and chances are even if I held one each night that week, I wouldn't get a call. :grumpy:

I was already planning on doing a power cooking workshop on April 2nd, so we'll see what happens.I just got the e-mail and at first I was excited, until I read through it. I already have a booking slide that I love and looks great. I wish the sprinkle could be the sprinkle of their choice instead of the Mocha Hazelnut.It's still fun to win something, though, I guess.

I ALWAYS host a Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser I was planning for Saturday May 9th but just announced in my newsletter that it will be on Saturday, May 2nd!

babywings76 said:
I was already planning on doing a power cooking workshop on April 2nd, so we'll see what happens.

I just got the e-mail and at first I was excited, until I read through it. I already have a booking slide that I love and looks great. I wish the sprinkle could be the sprinkle of their choice instead of the Mocha Hazelnut.

It's still fun to win something, though, I guess.

Mocha Hazelnut must be the lowest seller of the 3...:rolleyes:

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Mocha Hazelnut must be the lowest seller of the 3...:rolleyes:

I know it's my lowest seller of the three. It's just not as versatile, IMO. It's good, but not WOW like the other two.

Wonder if we are going to be able to purchase this "professional" booking slide???

ChefBeckyD said:

My thought too!

I will for sure be hosting my own show!! YEAH!!!

I was planning on doing an open house from like 12 - 4 on saturday. Still doing some cooking, but this way people could just pop in and see whats new. HWC was gonna be my main focus. I wonder if this would qualify as a "Cooking Show"

I had a party scheduled for the 27th that just cancelled so I am just going to have my own party then since I already asked to have the day off from work LOL I will make it a last effort to get those Mother's Day gifts party LOL

Maybe I'm just being greedy, ok - yes I am, but I really don't think this is a big enough incentive to get all ga-ga over. Guess I'm spoiled by some of the other promos they've done!!!

I have had one before but it never seems to turn out good. it never works. I want to do one but never get enought people to come. and also we are finally adding on a new kitchen and an office room For My Pampered Chef biz. so any ideas? I want more things too. i rather host my own show. I know i will host it a my church that i go too and do a couples cook off. any suggestions?

Regardless of the incentive - it's motivation enough for me to do it. I love a challenge. I'm having a HWC fundraiser May 12 so I know it will be hard to get people to come to both. I've scheduled mine for the 27th. And I'm doing it as a Recipe Tasting. I've not made the California Club Pizza yet so we'll have that, a salad, and make our own dressing.

Good luck everyone!

I'm not usually lucky either, but in November when they picked several dates that month for both the host & consultant to win the reversible carving board & carving set I won. Seriously never win anything! I love it when they want us to get stuff. Just wish that it could be any cooking show during that week. Just can't squeak out my own show.

would they call on a sunday?

i wish i could do this, but i just had my kickoff/grand opening on march 13th!

Aunticooks said:
I was planning on doing an open house from like 12 - 4 on saturday. Still doing some cooking, but this way people could just pop in and see whats new. HWC was gonna be my main focus. I wonder if this would qualify as a "Cooking Show"

Yep! You're cooking so it's a cooking show. Go for it!

I just had my spring kick-off in March with a great turn out and over $700 in orders. I'm thinking it's too soon to hit them up again. However, I did have some people not able to make it, so maybe I'll do a recipe tasting. Is there a sales amount that we have to reach to qualify?? What if I host and nobody orders?? I know that sounds more like a worried customer than a consultant but I want it to be a good use of my time.

Are any of you all raffling off your host benefits? I was thinking instead of giving door prizes i could give all my host benefits away to different people...

I got the call! It's only the booking slide and the free sprinkles (to the 3 orders I got) but it was cool

So only ordering guests qualify for the free sprinkles? Do you know if it doesn't count if we don't hit the $150? Just curious....thanks

I am doing my own show tomorrow night so hopefully my show might get picked best of luck to all of you who is hosting this week as well !!!!!

What would happen if they called and I didn't have anyone show up at my show? If it was just me? (besides being very embarrassing to have HO call and I have to say, "UMMMmm..no one came.") Would I still get the booking slide ? :D *and before you say "CALL THEM", most of the invites are to people I do not have #s for (neighbors in my community).*

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
So only ordering guests qualify for the free sprinkles? Do you know if it doesn't count if we don't hit the $150? Just curious....thanks

I only had 1 person show up to the show. The other orders were outside orders I had collected. She said it needed to be a show to submit. She asked for my show number.

esavvymom said:
What would happen if they called and I didn't have anyone show up at my show? If it was just me? (besides being very embarrassing to have HO call and I have to say, "UMMMmm..no one came.") Would I still get the booking slide ? :D *and before you say "CALL THEM", most of the invites are to people I do not have #s for (neighbors in my community).*

I only had one person show up. Be honest with them. And if you're able to collect outside orders submit a show.

Good to know that outside orders will get the free stuff too. I was wondering about that. I have one on Thursday and know a lot of my people like to just order, especially if they've had/been to a show recently.

I had my own show scheduled for last night - BUT, we've had some very stressful family situations lately and I ended up having to cancel it. And wouldn't you know - HOME OFFICE CALLED ME! I can't believe it!

I got the call!! I had a cooking show last night at the community center and home office called. I had 10 people there and I gonna get the booking slide. I wonder how we will know about the grand prize each day?? Who else got the call and was having there party???:sing:

mine is tonight! Hope they call!

so I did my show last night and no one called :( hope anyone who has a show tonight gets called.

I have a show tonight. I'm crossing my fingers. I would love a booking slide and haven't gotten around to making one yet. And who doesn't want free paperwork?

I had my show Monday night, and YES I did get the call. Only a few guest, but everyone who places an order will receive the sprinkles. I've been able to get a few more orders by telling them I won and they still receive the gift. Will be a small show, just did this a few weeks ago, but it still counts as a show. Good luck to everyone else. I am excited to receive the booking slide, mine fell apart. Nice to say I won!!!

I won the Booking slides last night from book your own show I had an open house
Hope I win the grand prize

I got the call. My own booking slide at last! I hadn't gotten around to making one yet. There were only two people here when they called but I knew there were others on the way. Everyone is excited to get the free sprinkles.

My show's on Saturday but I'm so stressed, imagining most people are probably hosting it that day! :(

WAHOO! They did call! I had 8 people and 7 ordered so they were all excited. This was the 3rd call at this show. I had just got done explaining that I was hoping it was home office calling and they would all be winners so when the phone rang I was so happy! I think the gal who called thought we were all crazy as my guests were whooping it up that it was home office. IT was a show totaling over $300.00 so 1/2 off conference here I come!

<H2>1. What is National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week?</H2><p>National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef from April 27 to May 3. It is an opportunity for our consultants to increase sales, bookings, and recruiting leads by hosting their own cooking shows.</p><H2>2. How can I participate in National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week?</H2><p>To participate in National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week, you must be a Pampered Chef consultant. Once you receive the details in your email, you can start planning your show and enter for a chance to win special gifts.</p><H2>3. What are the benefits of hosting my own cooking show during this week?</H2><p>Hosting your own cooking show during National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week can help you increase sales, bookings, and recruiting leads. In addition, you have the chance to win special gifts as part of our daily drawings and grand prize giveaway.</p><H2>4. How do I enter for a chance to win during National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week?</H2><p>To enter for a chance to win during National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week, you must be a consultant and host a show between April 27 and May 3. You will automatically be entered into our daily drawings and grand prize giveaway.</p><H2>5. What are the prizes for National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week?</H2><p>We are giving away special gifts to 100 consultant-hosted shows each day during National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week. In addition, there will be one grand prize winner each day. The prizes may vary, so be sure to check your email for more details.</p>

1. What is National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week?

National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef from April 27 to May 3. It is an opportunity for our consultants to increase sales, bookings, and recruiting leads by hosting their own cooking shows.

2. How can I participate in National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week?

To participate in National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week, you must be a Pampered Chef consultant. Once you receive the details in your email, you can start planning your show and enter for a chance to win special gifts.

3. What are the benefits of hosting my own cooking show during this week?

Hosting your own cooking show during National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week can help you increase sales, bookings, and recruiting leads. In addition, you have the chance to win special gifts as part of our daily drawings and grand prize giveaway.

4. How do I enter for a chance to win during National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week?

To enter for a chance to win during National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week, you must be a consultant and host a show between April 27 and May 3. You will automatically be entered into our daily drawings and grand prize giveaway.

5. What are the prizes for National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week?

We are giving away special gifts to 100 consultant-hosted shows each day during National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week. In addition, there will be one grand prize winner each day. The prizes may vary, so be sure to check your email for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
thefoodking
  • cookinkaren99