1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings National Host Your Own Cooking Show Week

1. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

Check out the details in your email!

"Hosting your own Cooking Show is a great way to increase sales, bookings and recruiting leads. From April 27 to May 3, we're making it even more fun and exciting for you and your guests.

Between April 27 and May 3, we're drawing 100 Consultant-hosted Shows a day and one grand prize winner a day, and rewarding them with special gifts. Start planning your Show today! "

Apr 9, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

How cool! But, I never seem to be lucky.

3. niclowther

Did you see the grandprize winner a day gets a ton of paperwork (catalogs etc)? That would be nice!

Apr 9, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Will it still count if it's a Fundraiser Cooking Show? I was going to do one for HWC.

Apr 9, 2009
  5. niclowther

Yes it will. Cooking, fundraiser, and wedding shower- as long as held when they call (you register your shows on consultant corner).

Apr 9, 2009
  6. PCCHeather0506

PCCHeather0506 Member Silver Member

I was thinking of doing this too...but I have to talk to my family! My husband is getting back surgery April 23rd and I'm not sure how he will be feeling? So I was thinking of doing it at my Mother's house but I'd have to ask about that too! Hmmmm...what a GREAT idea though! Since becoming a consultant in Feb of 07 I have yet to have my own show! I am thinking maybe doing a HWC fundraiser show would be REALLLY nice!! Hmmm....Guess we'll see!

7. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

Heather - You haven't had your own show yet? I do at least two a year. Either cooking or catalog. I was actually thinking about this since my April was looking a little light.

8. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

huh:grumpy: figures I've scheduled my own for this Tuesday because I have nothing for April!! I suppose if I have a poor showing I could do another one at end of the month but was hoping this one would generate some late month leads for shows!!!Oh well I'll have to see what happens.

Apr 9, 2009
  9. niclowther

I hear ya Katie. I need to have my own soon too. My April is looking sad. I had a great March and May is shaping up, but geese April!

Apr 9, 2009
  10. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I already had 2 scheduled for that week! Hooray! Not sure if I could do any more, b/c I will be traveling to Fl for these 2 shows!

Apr 9, 2009
  11. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of hosting your own cooking show? Like, if the consultant (ME) is acting as host, would I get the same host benefits? same commission?

thanks!

Apr 9, 2009
  12. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

But they only count if you are the host & consultant....

Apr 9, 2009
  13. ChefBeckyD

Hmmm, not sure how I will do my own show that week. I already have 3 shows scheduled, and that's already 1 more than I usually do. It's just not a big enough carrot for me to kill myself doing 4 shows.

Apr 9, 2009
  14. ChefBeckyD

You get the same host benefits, except for the booking benefit. You make the same commission on guest sales, but you don't make any commission on your own order.

Apr 9, 2009
  15. BlessedWifeMommy

So I finally got the email, and I think it sounded better than it is. I am trying to figure out what are the odds of being selected? 100 in ???

Now if they said that if you host your own show you get the booking slide I would do it, but I'm not a luck person and chances are even if I held one each night that week, I wouldn't get a call. :grumpy:

16. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I was already planning on doing a power cooking workshop on April 2nd, so we'll see what happens.

I just got the e-mail and at first I was excited, until I read through it. I already have a booking slide that I love and looks great. I wish the sprinkle could be the sprinkle of their choice instead of the Mocha Hazelnut.

It's still fun to win something, though, I guess.

Apr 9, 2009
  17. ughubug

ughubug Member

I ALWAYS host a Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser I was planning for Saturday May 9th but just announced in my newsletter that it will be on Saturday, May 2nd!

Apr 9, 2009
  18. BlessedWifeMommy

Mocha Hazelnut must be the lowest seller of the 3...:rolleyes:

19. ChefBeckyD

I know it's my lowest seller of the three. It's just not as versatile, IMO. It's good, but not WOW like the other two.

Apr 9, 2009
  20. BlessedWifeMommy

Wonder if we are going to be able to purchase this "professional" booking slide???

21. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

My thought too!

Apr 9, 2009
  22. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

I will for sure be hosting my own show!! YEAH!!!

23. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

I was planning on doing an open house from like 12 - 4 on saturday. Still doing some cooking, but this way people could just pop in and see whats new. HWC was gonna be my main focus. I wonder if this would qualify as a "Cooking Show"

Apr 9, 2009
  24. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

I had a party scheduled for the 27th that just cancelled so I am just going to have my own party then since I already asked to have the day off from work LOL I will make it a last effort to get those Mother's Day gifts party LOL

Apr 10, 2009
  25. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Maybe I'm just being greedy, ok - yes I am, but I really don't think this is a big enough incentive to get all ga-ga over. Guess I'm spoiled by some of the other promos they've done!!!

Apr 10, 2009
  26. milkangel

milkangel Advanced Member

I have had one before but it never seems to turn out good. it never works. I want to do one but never get enought people to come. and also we are finally adding on a new kitchen and an office room For My Pampered Chef biz. so any ideas? I want more things too. i rather host my own show. I know i will host it a my church that i go too and do a couples cook off. any suggestions?

Apr 10, 2009
  27. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

Regardless of the incentive - it's motivation enough for me to do it. I love a challenge. I'm having a HWC fundraiser May 12 so I know it will be hard to get people to come to both. I've scheduled mine for the 27th. And I'm doing it as a Recipe Tasting. I've not made the California Club Pizza yet so we'll have that, a salad, and make our own dressing.

Good luck everyone!

28. ChefMichele1

ChefMichele1 Member

I'm not usually lucky either, but in November when they picked several dates that month for both the host & consultant to win the reversible carving board & carving set I won. Seriously never win anything! I love it when they want us to get stuff. Just wish that it could be any cooking show during that week. Just can't squeak out my own show.

Apr 10, 2009
  29. milkangel

milkangel Advanced Member

would they call on a sunday?

Apr 10, 2009
  30. JaimeAnnR

JaimeAnnR Member

i wish i could do this, but i just had my kickoff/grand opening on march 13th!

Apr 10, 2009
  31. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Yep! You're cooking so it's a cooking show. Go for it!

Apr 11, 2009
  32. Beth1170

Beth1170 Member

I just had my spring kick-off in March with a great turn out and over $700 in orders. I'm thinking it's too soon to hit them up again. However, I did have some people not able to make it, so maybe I'll do a recipe tasting. Is there a sales amount that we have to reach to qualify?? What if I host and nobody orders?? I know that sounds more like a worried customer than a consultant but I want it to be a good use of my time.

Apr 13, 2009
  33. Are any of you all raffling off your host benefits? I was thinking instead of giving door prizes i could give all my host benefits away to different people...

Apr 23, 2009
  34. amyscookinggear

amyscookinggear Member Gold Member

I got the call! It's only the booking slide and the free sprinkles (to the 3 orders I got) but it was cool

35. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

So only ordering guests qualify for the free sprinkles? Do you know if it doesn't count if we don't hit the $150? Just curious....thanks

36. christinaspc

christinaspc Veteran Member Silver Member

I am doing my own show tomorrow night so hopefully my show might get picked best of luck to all of you who is hosting this week as well !!!!!

Apr 27, 2009
  37. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

What would happen if they called and I didn't have anyone show up at my show? If it was just me? (besides being very embarrassing to have HO call and I have to say, "UMMMmm..no one came.") Would I still get the booking slide ? :D *and before you say "CALL THEM", most of the invites are to people I do not have #s for (neighbors in my community).*

Apr 28, 2009
  38. amyscookinggear

I only had 1 person show up to the show. The other orders were outside orders I had collected. She said it needed to be a show to submit. She asked for my show number.

39. amyscookinggear

I only had one person show up. Be honest with them. And if you're able to collect outside orders submit a show.

40. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

Good to know that outside orders will get the free stuff too. I was wondering about that. I have one on Thursday and know a lot of my people like to just order, especially if they've had/been to a show recently.

Apr 28, 2009
Have something to add?