• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Booth: Lessons Learned

In summary, the speaker had their first booth on Saturday with not much turnout. They had a drawing for a pizza cutter and got 20 names from the sign-up forms provided by the company. They sold 6 SBCB and got 1 order for $20. They had a few potential hosts and a potential business opportunity. The speaker felt they needed to work on closing the deal and had a fear of being too pushy. They didn't look at the sign-up forms until later and realized they had missed some opportunities. They have since contacted everyone and learned the lesson to look at the forms as people fill them out.
PCGirl77
I did my first booth on Saturday. The turnout was not great, but I was only there for 4 hours and I only had to pay $11, so it wasn't too bad.

I had a drawing for the pizza cutter and used the little info slips provided by PC to have people sign up. Just about everyone that came by signed up and I got 20 names. Like I said, not much traffic.

The only thing I had to purchase was SBCB and I sold 6. Plus I got 1 order for about $20. I didn't really have the money to buy a bunch of odds and ends to have for sale, so I wasn't too surprised that I didn't have big sales.

I had 1 lady that said she would love to host and another that said she either plans to buy or host a show in Dec. (She wants the snowman stuff) I didn't get anything definite. I go to church with the first lady so I know I'll be able to chat with her face to face soon. I think I need to work on "closing the deal". I just have this fear of being too pushy.

I didn't look at the slips until tonight. I was kind of down about the fact that I didn't get very many and I felt like I had let some opportunities slip through my fingers. BUT now that I actually look at the dang things, I have the 1 definite host, 2 possible hosts and 1 possible biz opp. Whew hoo!!!

Now I am excited. I have emailed everyone that I got an email from and I am calling the possible hosts and biz opp. I normally have no problem talking to people, I don't know what my problem is with getting a definite answer from someone. Like I said, I feel like I'm being pushy and I don't want to be that person.

One thing I would have done differently would be to look at the slips as people fill them out so that I could talk to them about their answers or write more info for future reference. That was suggested on here. I should have followed your advice.

I know how you feel! I learned that lesson (not looking at the slips) the hard way too. For me, I had 8 shows, 6 recruiting leads- WALK away! And then could never get them on the phone after that! UGGH!.FIrst- they have to HAND me the slip...I look at it on the spot with the purpose of thanking them by name. That split second it takes for me to read their name, I also see what they checked off and can go from there!This thread has lots of other tips too...for your NEXT booth at least.

I'm not sure why I didn't. I guess I was too busy trying to figure out what to say next. LOL I also had my 4 year old with me, so that was a little distracting. She was actually pretty good, but she did want to talk to everyone that walked by. She was my little helper and she helped me get some attention to the booth.All in all, I think it was a good learning experience. I'm looking forward to the next one. I'm not sure when that will be, but I'm excited about it. I'm hoping to get a few more bookings and a few more orders from the contacts that I got. We'll see how it goes!

What is "My First Booth: Lessons Learned"?

"My First Booth: Lessons Learned" is a training program offered by Pampered Chef for consultants who are new to setting up and running a booth at a trade show or market event. It provides tips and strategies for making the most out of your first booth experience.

How can I access "My First Booth: Lessons Learned"?

You can access "My First Booth: Lessons Learned" through your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website. Simply log in and navigate to the training section to find the program.

Is there a cost to participate in "My First Booth: Lessons Learned"?

No, "My First Booth: Lessons Learned" is a free training program available to all Pampered Chef consultants. It is part of the ongoing support and resources provided to help consultants grow their business.

What topics are covered in "My First Booth: Lessons Learned"?

The program covers topics such as setting up your booth, creating an attractive display, engaging with customers, handling sales and transactions, and following up after the event. It also includes tips for dealing with common challenges and mistakes to avoid.

Can I access "My First Booth: Lessons Learned" anytime?

Yes, "My First Booth: Lessons Learned" is available on-demand and can be accessed at any time that is convenient for you. This allows you to review the material multiple times and refer back to it as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• codorey
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • malori
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
malori
  • Aynot