• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Boss Gave Me a $2,500 Christmas Bonus Today!

am...so...excited! I have never gotten over $600. We closed a big case this year, and I guess this is for all the work I done on it.The summary states the following: the person is excited because they have never gotten over $600 in one go, they have a big case that they worked hard on that has finally been resolved, and they are now trying to decide what to spend the money on. They recommend a laptop, PC cookware, and a portable printer. The summary ends with the person stating that they are so excited and they are stalking the author.
jrstephens
I am so excited! I have never gotten over $600. We closed a big case this year, and I guess this is for all the work I done on it.

It took me 10 minutes to convince my husband I was not joking!:p

I am so blessed. God has truly blessed me this Christmas beyond anything I could have thought would happen already!!! I know He is why I got this and I give Him all the glory for it!

Now, I am trying to decide waht to spend it on. My practical side says I should pay some small bills off, but then my splurge side says to buy myself something I would not be able to get otherwise! My husband has told me to NOT spend it on bills b/c I deserve to buy myself something good. Which is aweome of him to say!

I am considering a laptop. I have been thinking that would be great to take to shows. What kind do you all recomment? I need to some help in what to make sure it has and does not have if I do buy one. What's your favorite brand?

I thought about buying myself the PC cookware too! I have been wanting it, too. But I hate to get it in a way b/c my mom just bought me a whole set of stainless for Christmas last year and I feel guilty about throwing it to the side so soon. Although, she knows I LOVE the PC cookware.

Let me hear your suggestions on what I should spend it on!!!!

Last edited:
That is fantastic. What a great surprise. I've found when I get that amount of money unexpected that I do best if I split it between paying off some debt & splurging on something for myself and something for hubby. This way I don't feel guilty about what I bought 'cause I've paid down the debt. But if hubby says splurge then go for it. :D

You will love having a laptop to take to shows and right now you can get some great deals & still have plenty left over for cookware. I like are dell (they do tend to be heavy though), a friend recommends gateways and Hewlett-Packard. If you can splurge a bit then get 1 GB of memory and at least a 60 GB hard drive. You might also want to get a portable printer and an extra battery (or an extended life battery).

The cookware is a great idea but why not wait until kit enhancement in April & get it at 40% off? That way you can get other things you want too. Set the money aside now for it so you still have the money then. You can use PP to set up the kit enhancement order for the future so you know what it is most likely to cost (I'd set aside a bit extra just in case prices change). :)

HOW COOL!

I'm on my second DELL. LOVE IT! I bought the first one 5 years ago when I started grad school. It still works, although slowly now! I love packing up my laptop and taking it with me.

Definately a Dell!

I have an HP Pavilion and I LOVE it, but it's not meant to be featherweight! It's got a 17" monitor, so you know it's kind of heavy. But I didn't buy it with PC in mind. My husband bought it for me last year for Christmas, a whole year before I even thought of becoming a consultant. Whaddya gonna do? I love it anyway though!

What does this mean "1GB Shared4 Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm" when it comes to memory? Here is what is says for hard drive "80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive." Primary Battery - 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery.

I am looking on Dell - that is what my desktop is.

This one starts at $799. And is the Inspiron E1505.

Make sure to look at the refurbished ones - they are ones that have been used for about 6 months on the convention circut...and they can be about 30% less than new!

Thanks for that tip! My BIL has a friend who works for Dell and I am hoping he can get me a good deal if I decide to get one.

I feel like I'm stalking you!

We have gone through 4 Dell laptops and have loved every one!

Make sure it is light enough. Mine, I think, is about 6 pounds. But, you add the laptop case and anything else I put in it and it can get very heavy!

What size screen do you have?

whatever "normal" is...not wide screen...maybe 14.5?

Okay, I have to post to get my star filled!

I am thinking I do not have to have a wide screen just as long as I get a good computer.

WOOHOO! I made it!

YEAH!!! Glad I could help!!!:D

Thanks...I HAVE to go to bed! Let me know if you have any more Dell questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Your welcome! Thanks for your help. I am sure I will have more questions. I need to go to bed too.

Good night!

jrstephens said:
I am thinking I do not have to have a wide screen just as long as I get a good computer.

I'd agree.

jrstephens said:
What does this mean "1GB Shared4 Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm" when it comes to memory? Here is what is says for hard drive "80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive." Primary Battery - 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery.

I am looking on Dell - that is what my desktop is.

This one starts at $799. And is the Inspiron E1505.

Geek gobbely-gook. That system should be ok, as you configure the system it should have an option for the extended battery. The price is good for that configuration. I just went out and looked at Dell and I'd guess for what you expect to do with it that this system should be good for you.

cmdtrgd said:
WOOHOO! I made it!

All right. Way to go. I'm only 3 posts away so I think I can make it tonight.

My Husband ( who is a Computer Tech ) recommends the following:

1. Lenovo Thinkpad
2. Toshiba Satellite Pro
3. Dell Inspiron

If you need to ask any "techie" questions, you can email him. :D BTW - he is from AL too!!! ;) I think I told you that already though... lol.

[email protected]

HTH

I have a Dell and it seemed like a normal size when I got it. Unfortunetly it won't fit in my laptop bag!! I have been really happy with it and it totally changes the checkout operation at my shows!!

Ok so my excuse for being up this late is I have an awful cold and its the only way I can breathe.:( Thank god its Friday!

Anyway my 2 cents....GATEWAY!!! I just got a wide screen and I LOVE IT!!!:D

THat is awesome Jennifer! What a great boss you must have:) Definately don't spend it all on bills; though that's probably what I would want to do too! Splurge on yourself; you've obviously earned it!

Congratulations on your bonus!!!!!

For the laptop fist of all I HATED my Toshiba satellite and someone else on here did as well. Lots of problems.

Second I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new dell laptop. I got the 12.1 widescreen xps model. I like the widescreen because it allows me to see more of the screen. I would also recommend getting the 9 cell battery it will last longer than the 6 cell. Mine is only 4-5 lbs and so portable. I also got one year free financing with it as well (this way you can earn interest on your money!)

I love my widescreen laptop. I like it for when I watch movies on it!! I take my laptop when I'm flying and watch movies when the ones inflight are crappy!! LOL

Cheers

You could also have your own show in Jan and get a great piece of open stock for yourself at 60% off! :)

I have a Dell Inspriron 9400 I got it on the small business side of stuff thanks to my dad...... I LOVE MY DELL!!! It has a 17 in widescreen montior on it!!

Now, can you write off the laptop on taxes? Oh and congrats about the bonus! That is just awesome!

you can write it off if you bought it for business purposes... but since I bought mine before I signed up for PC I can't write mine off.

I called a cousin-in-law and he suppose to check out the Dell ones for me and let me know which ones he thinks will be best. My husband remembered he is a computer programmer for some big company.

Keep your suggestions coming though!

I am thinking of holding my own show in January and get a half price item and the 60% item. Even if I do not get the whole cookware set I could at leat get one piece at that great price.

Good to know Leah...I'll hold off until January to buy mine!

I have a Dell E1505 Laptop (widescreen). I bought it when I started pc and they had 6 mo same as cash. Paid it off last month thanks to PC!

I think I would be so lost with out my laptop........ I bought mine out right though....... I used my refund from my taxes to buy my laptop!!!!

Tommy Hilfiger and DishwasherI am going to see my brother tomorrow and he lives near a Tommy Hilfiger outlet and I LOVE Tommy Hilfiger. I am going to spend some money in that store!! My husband says I will be broke when I come home! HA!

We went to Sears and looked at a dishwasher today. We have been wanting one for years. I feel pretty sure we will get one of them. I will be so excited about that!

Can you wash the stones in the dishwasher if you run it without the soap? The cookware is dishwasher safe, right?

I have never used a dishwasher or even looked to buy one, what things do yall recommend I make sure it has?

Oh my goodness! You poor thing coming home to wash ALL your PC dishes!

Stones & Cookware DO NOT go in the dishwasher! It can null your warranty.;) I'm not sure how they would know but.......

Also, my recommendation is to get a quiet one!!:D

Dishwashers are pretty standard, I think. I could be wrong on that now!;)

PampMomof3 said:
Oh my goodness! You poor thing coming home to wash ALL your PC dishes!

Stones & Cookware DO NOT go in the dishwasher! It can null your warranty.;) I'm not sure how they would know but.......

Also, my recommendation is to get a quiet one!!:D

It can be a chore washing them all! Luckily my husband will help me. And thank goodness for baking soda when I do not get to them as soon as I get home.

Thanks for the infor on the warranty and dishwashers.

The lady at Sears even mentioned that if you get a Energy Star one you can get a tax credit this year and next year on them. She was not sure of the details. I will have to search for that one.

That would be awesome get a tax deduction for a dishwasher and a laptop if I decide to get them both!

SillyChef said:
If you need to ask any "techie" questions, you can email him. :D BTW - he is from AL too!!! ;) I think I told you that already though... lol.
HTH

I remember you telling me that, but did I ever ask you where in Alabama?

COOKWARE IS NOT DISHWASHER SAFE!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

My sink is always full of stones and cookware because I throw everything else in the dishwasher and then walk away :)

They are easy to wash, I am just extra lazy!

jrstephens said:
I remember you telling me that, but did I ever ask you where in Alabama?

Yeah. He is from Northport/Tuscaloosa. I think you said something about it being about 1 1/2 hours away from you or something.

Good luck with everything. And just to clairify, it is a Toshiba Satellite PRO. Not the Toshiba Satellite. :D

laptops & Dishwashers...I'm surprised you all love your Dell's, they used to be top notch, but anymore aren't built well and support is awful most times. Laptops may be different from the desktops. Maybe the Laps are still good.

I have a HP and paid thousand's for it, dummy me, and most recently bought a really nice HP/Compac *same now* for my boyfriend and his is sooo much faster and lighter than mine. Most come with built-in wireless cards too, so when you're in McDonald's, StarBucks, airports, internet cafe's etc you can use the internet wirelessly and most places free too :) HP's have the built-in 10 key no. pad, calculator style too.

I originally bought a widescreen (really regret that now too) way too heavy; especially lugging around airports!

Dishwashers. Sears are GREAT or shall I say the Kenmore's. Too bad you can't wait a few month's though they usually have a huge sale; I'm thinking around tax refund time. I had a portable Kenmore with a chopping block on top, much more expensive, but where I had lived originally didn't want to build it in and I took it with me everytime I moved. I didn't have much money when I relocated, so after my brother hauled it all the way from Northen OH to extreme S. TX. I gave it to him; I sure could kick myself as it was powerful in everyway, it also could be installed as a built-in unit :(

Good Luck or and if I were handed that kind of $$ I'd either invest it and get interest off of it, pay down bills or stash for emergencies! I spent my emergency cash and sure could have used it this week!!!

Liz

I recently called tec support for my dell laptop just to see what maint i should be doing with it (for cleaning it up) and they were great. He even sounded american! (no language barriar or hard to understand) I had a 17 in wide screen and it was a pain to lug around. First it is hard to find a cute laptop bag that will fit and it was heavy. Now my 12.1 widescreen I love!

Dell & cookwareI bought a Dell this year because my old Toshiba finally died and I love it! It is great to sit down with the host at the end of the show and show her exactly where she is at and what she needs to collect to get everything on her wish list, plus I have had people ask me if they purchased something at another show they attended with me and I can look it up for them. Also, if you have wireless network you can look up past host discount numbers for customers too. I submitted a catalog show in December with 2 half price items and it killed me that I didnt have the $285 to purchase the executive cookware - if you have the money - do it!!!!

Noelle

You might want to think about waiting until Feb-Mar when the new verison of Windows comes out. That way your machine will be set up for it. I can't say exactly what it does or it's differences, but it's different. At least that is what my tech geek friends are telling me... they all say wait until it comes out to buy.

just passing along what the geeks share with me.

I decided to not get a laptop. Right now I could not justify spending the money on it no more than I would use it. If I ever get to quit work and do PC fulltime then I will use my commission to get one! I have about 2-3 shows a month right now.

Went to Sears and bought a dishwasher and got a new gas grill. The gas grill was regular $400 but we got it on close out for $189!!!! My husband is so excited! My dishwasher was 10% cash back too.

Now, If I can just find a good plummer to install the dishwasher. It is sitting in my kitchen waiting for me! And I CANNOT stand the thought of washing those dishes in the sink! :D :eek:

Went to the Tommy Hilfiger outlet and was so happy! Everything was half off! I got $600 worth of clothes for $300!

Went to Bed, Bath & Beyond today. Got a spice rack I have been wanting, a picture for our bedroom wall (over half off), a yankee candle (30% off), and a drawer organizer for my utensils.

Got a portable DVD from Goodies. Regualr $175, after sale and rebate $59! I saw one just like it at Sears for about $189, so, I confirmed to myself it was an awesome deal. This is the same DVD that on sale that people stood in line for the day afte Thanksgiving!

I have loved spending this money! I have never just been able to go in and buy what I want!

I have ate out A LOT too - love not cooking!

I am saving enough to have the dishwasher installed and buy the PC cookware (hopefully when I hold my own show in Jan as a half-price item!)

Thanks for all of your suggestions and help!!!

That is so great to hear~! It must've been nice to just go spend it on whatever you like!:D How many times have you told your boss Thank You?!!!;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Pampered_Ashley84
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies