1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What are YOU asking for for Christmas?

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Ok...my DH and I don't normally really 'do' Christmas gifts for each other (because we actually always end up buying what we want ourselves when all the sales are going on :blushing:). But I have two boys who really want to get mommy something for Christmas....we typically do take them shopping.

My DH asked me to do a list, and he promised to do one for himself too.
    But I don't want or need anything (or don't trust my husband to have the foggiest clue how to go about getting it *lol*).

So I was just curious- what are all of you putting on your Christmas lists? (Maybe something will spark my memory and I can say "AH-HA!!)

Dec 10, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I just did simple things. (My GPS is wrapped under the tree - I picked it out!)

I told them (DH and DS):

Pajamas
    Slippers
    Robe
    Gloves & Scarf
    Perfume
    Candles
    GC to Barnes & Noble

And they can just choose something from that list...

Dec 10, 2009
  3. floccies

floccies Member

Cuisinart PerfecTemp Tea Kettle -- It has a temperature gauge

Dec 10, 2009
  4. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

I love getting and giving Pajamas!

Dec 10, 2009
  5. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

Uummm, Becky, maybe I can get those candles to you before Christmas. :eek: So sorry I still don't have them from my friend. If you happen to be going down Byron Center Rd south of M-6, stop by and grab them! Maybe I should call Rick.:rolleyes:

Dec 10, 2009
  6. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted this year. I did ask for a couple new games for my Wii, new pillows for the couch, new water filter pitcher for the fridge, some perfume and some shoes. I really need a new robe too so I'll see what I get and then maybe get that for myself.

Is there any books that you like?

Dec 10, 2009
  7. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

I always like getting new pj's, wall calendar, books, CD's and DVDs. My husband usually picks out some good surprises - one year he bought a great kitchen cart on wheels from Crate and Barrel and even put it together himself (which is huge since I tend to build all furniture in this house) and surprised me with it on Christmas morning. Another year - he got me a new watch. I always tell him I don't need anything but he likes to spoil me!

Dec 10, 2009
  8. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I only asked for my perfume from DH. I always get myself new VS Pjs every year though. :p

I will be lucky to get even that though..... our dog re broke it's leg and cost us $2800 to surgically graft, plate and repair... so needless to say... we hare having a VERY Light Christmas this year. :(

Dec 10, 2009
  9. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Wii Fit. that's all I want.

Dec 10, 2009
  10. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

I asked for a CD and for my kids to be happy. That's it.

It is going to be a hard Christmas for us, as DH just had surgery on Tuesday and we have been paying attorney bills since August. :(

Dec 10, 2009
  11. robochick84

robochick84 Member

It's the worst Xmas we will have ever had. Last year was the best, and I will hold that memory close.

I lost my Gov't job in April, and we are putting the little money we have after buying our house last February - to get married January 2 in a very quaint wedding with just our closest friends and family of about 30 people - since I am in dire need of being added to FI's health insurance.

The hardest part will not be going home to be with family for Christmas.

Dec 10, 2009
  12. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

ummm lets see since it is just DH and I...I loaded up my list lol
    DS Lite game system
    2 Games from said DS Lite
    Pajamas
    VS gift certificate
    Massage Gift Certificate
    Gift Certificate to get new jeans
    a couple movies
    and DH always surprises me with things I never asked for but things I always love....he spoils me way tooo much!!!

i did buy a Blue Ray DVD player that I am giving to DH as one of his gifts....but really its a gift for both of us!! We love to have movie nights

Dec 10, 2009
  13. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Wii Fit. DH already got it for me. Other than that, I just need pajamas. I'm terrible about asking for things because most of what I want, I need to be the one to pick it out. Or it's too expensive and we need to wait on it.

For example: I REALLY need to buy some new clothes, work out clothes, a new watch (on that I'm NOT allergic to), a new necklace, new linens for our bedroom and bath, oh and paint! :D

Dec 10, 2009
  14. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

An apology which I am not expecting to receive from two of my adult children.

Dec 10, 2009
  15. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

Oh I hear you! That is so me, I desperately need new clothes and things to make my home look homely.

16. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

a flat screen TV for my office

17. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

I need a purse. BAD! Not expecting to receive one from anyone, though. Very personal choice, anyway.

Dec 10, 2009
  18. esavvymom

*hug* Sorry. :(
    Don't give up hope. My DH was the 'adult kid' who owed his folks the apology last year. I don't know if it was Christmas, or the fact that he overheard me crying on the phone with his mom one day and our 5 yr old was crying because I was, but he did eventually call them.

I hope you get your wish.

Dec 10, 2009
  19. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

I've been thinking about asking for a little TV for my office. I'm a TV addict. Maybe if I had one in there I could monitor my shows while getting some work done.

I did a show last month. The host had the perfect set-up. She had a little LCD or flat screen on her kitchen counter that she could turn and have it face into her office in what used to be the dining room. To me that's the best of both worlds - TV in the kitchen and in the office. DH won't let me watch TV in bed so I end up staying up too late at night watching it in the family room. I enjoy his boys nights out b/c I can watch TV in bed. How sad that I look forward to going to bed early on Friday nights when I don't have a show.

Sounds like most of us want things that require a personal pick - the clothes, perfume, purse. I'm asking for some CDs (B-52s, Tori Amos, Foo Fighters Greatest Hits), my annual calendar, and some hand lotion from L'Occitane - a true indulgence. I'm sure the kids will hook me up with some good chocolate. My mom said we're getting a big fat check to use after we move next year, thought it might go toward Disney, too. I'd rather have a check than stuff under the tree.

Dec 10, 2009
  20. BadGirl

BadGirl Member Gold Member

I asked for a house. :blushing:

We put an offer in on a house and it was accepted. I hope to be moving within the next month, unless something drastic changes our plans. My fingers are definitely crossed that this goes through.

Dec 10, 2009
  21. SLDOWDY1978

SLDOWDY1978 Member

Hubby asked me what I wanted and I said "Tony Stewart (nascar driver)!!!" he just laughed, but i was serious. :D

but in reality, itunes gc, anything twilight, anything tony stewart, anything pc, books, i would LOVE one of those digital reader thingies. a new laptop. i am not picky. LOL

Dec 10, 2009
  22. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

Here's what I would like for Christmas: that all of you who celebrate Christmas have a great one with family and friends :)

As for Hanukah, which begins tomorrow night, I would like a job. I interviewed for a 3-month contract position Tuesday and have been called back for a second interview tomorrow. The job would start next week, just as I am winding down my current contract. I do have to admit that if I get this job, I will treat myself to a Nook :)

Dec 10, 2009
  23. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I'll be praying the interview goes well for you, Susan!

Dec 10, 2009
  24. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I have an old tv in here now - it was my grandmother's tv (and she has been dead for 12 yrs...) it has a tiny screen and even with the cable hook-up it only goes to channel 36 - which I have issues with b/c The Food Network is channel 57! LOL At least I can watch the Today show on it in the mornings :) I am so looking forward to my new TV (I went with DH to pick it out so I know I'm getting it - DS thinks it a surprise though and I'm not going to spoil it for him)

25. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Heather SO sorry about your dog :( All I want is another one, I've had dogs for the last 40 years, but DH says NO MORE!! :grumpy: What kind of dog is it? Do you have any pics on FB?

Dec 10, 2009
  26. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Susan, I hope your job interview goes well too! And I'm sorry for all those who have coped with losses this year~

As for me ... NOBODY ever asks me what I want ... so this year, I got some gifts for myself. I'm wearing one of them (new black jeans) right now. (I tried them on to see how they'd fit.) Also got a pair of dress pants for work and a programmable crock pot. So now I'm set! (I got some unbelievable deals on them all and I couldn't pass them up.)

27. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Good luck & congrats. That's what I got last year from Santa Me. The best part is the first mortgage payment wasn't due until January. :thumbup:

Dec 10, 2009
  28. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Hubby NEVER gets what's on my list, so this year we decided to do it a little differently. I'm buying what I want, he's buying what he wants. He will not know what I received until Christmas Day & I won't know what he received until Christmas Day! LOL

My birthday is on the 17th. I did make a point to remind him that I've asked for the SAME gift for my birthday last year, Christmas last year, our anniversary, valentine's day AND Mother's day and still haven't gotten it ... a gift certificate to go to get a pedicure (they do very fancy nail art too as part of the package) and a gift certificate for a 1 hour full body massage. HOPEFULLY, he'll come through this year!!!

Dec 10, 2009
  29. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

I was trying to figure this out myself. I have to give my mom ideas or she will get me things that I will never need. She is famous for getting things that don't apply to me, bubble bath when i don't have a bathtub, contact solutions and I have 20-20 vision, a portable dvd player for in the car...i was the only one driving?! SO...needless to say I have to come up with some ideas.

My FI is getting me some new winter boots from L.L. Bean but I didn't ask for anything, we are saving for my DD's braces and our wedding.

I think I will ask my mom for a GC to get my hair colored and a GC to VS.

I want a programable crockpot and some other things, but I put them on the wedding registry and I don't have many ideas for the registry to begin with so I will leave them there.

30. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

This may sound mushy but all I want is for everyone to be able to be happy and carefree again. I would love it if I could hear news that all of the sudden tons of people are working again, that Osama has been caught, that health care is going to be fixed and that America is going to be all right again. That is what I want.

Dec 10, 2009
  31. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Chris, at Kohls they have crock pots for $19.99 AFTER rebate. Got one of those $10 cards off anything? Then it becomes $9.99 after rebate!

32. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

I made a decent list this year as we have a bunch of family we swap with who wants lists so in reality my list isn't that big. I asked for:

1) a Wii Fit (we're getting the boys a Wii this year so thought this would be prefect.) I doubt I'll get this though.
    2) PJ's
    3) Red Door Perfume
    4) Julie and Julia DVD
    5) earrings (a lot of mine have either tarnished, fallen apart or have been lost over the years)
    6) Photo albums (scrapbooking is great but I need something to put pictures in in the meantime!)
    7) At a glance Jumbo year dry Erase Wall Calendar
    8) I Love Lucy calendar (my entire kitchen is Lucy!)
    9) white ankle socks and warm fuzzy fleece type socks!

I just told hubby today I also need a phone charger for my car as mine is falling apart!

33. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

I am always talking about stuff. This leads my husband to believe that I'm never satisfied, which is a false assumption!

Anyway...
    * There is a shimmery necklace from Silpada that I would love
    * A new fancy camera that I can zoom in to my kid's faces on stage. I usually zoon in and get instead a fabulous shot of the back of the lady's head in front of me.
    * My kids to stop fighting. My older boys to act more mature (12 and 11 y.o.)

We have truly been blessed. The Lord has supplied all of our needs so we indulge many of our wants. We've been trying to be a blessing to other people. That always is a great gift to give and receive!!

Dec 11, 2009
  34. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

Susan - my fingers are crossed that the contract comes through. Let's get everybody back to work. Happy Hanukah.

I firmly believe in getting yourself a little something, something for Christmas. Already have a chocolate orange to go in my stocking.

Linda - we had my grandmother's old huge console TV in our family room until a year ago and she's been dead for 19 years and the TV was bought well before her death. We got a check from my mother last year and a great deal at Costco. Not to say I wouldn't take the new big TV from the PC Games :) Enjoy your new one and getting all of the channels.

Dec 11, 2009
  35. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Thanks Ginge...Yup, they are under "pups". They are pomchi's. :)

Dec 11, 2009
  36. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I went there last night, they are SO cute!!

Dec 11, 2009
  37. nene960

nene960 Member

I only asked for a Kindle. Wanted one for a long time now. I know hubby didn't get me on tho so hopefully my in-laws will come through for me. My hubby already has all my presents under the tree and the one person who knows what they are says I will be crazy not to like them so I am trying to figure out what they are lol

Dec 11, 2009
  38. esavvymom

I wish my DH was able to do this without my help really...but he doesn't think that way. :( I can drop hints till I'm blue and he'll still be a swing and a miss. Can't fault him for trying though.

I'm still stumped though. I love to read- but don't have time, so what's the point in a book. Maybe a GC- but we hate doing GCs- at least for each other. I've got tons of PJs, robes, etc, don't take baths (so no bubbles/salts). I have an iTouch- but don't really like getting things on iTunes. The only things I've come up with so far are a few things to add to my Wii Fit (3" risers, and the new Fit Plus) - which involve me trying to get on the band-wagon to lose my final 20lbs *yeah...so excited - NOT*, and Pioneer Woman's Cookbook.....for some reason- I can't get away from the Food/Diet circle...UGH. :)

Williams-Sonoma had some nice kitchen fragrances for soap/lotion- but I'm not a lotion person. There is one sweater I liked at Christopher Banks but he'd be more likely to find a needle in a haystack before he'd probably find that! (if I had time, I'd go the mall and take a photo of it, but I don't). :) This is what you get when you just purchase gifts for yourself! ANd it doesn't help that what I really need and want aren't things you can purchase! (I need organization and control in my office/home management system....it's too chaotic for me)

Dec 11, 2009
  39. jbarnhill

jbarnhill Member Silver Member

I have the Pioneer Woman's Cookbook--love it. Definitely put that on your list. I am always looking at her blog.

I asked for smartwool socks, pieces to go with my fiesta dishes, photoshop elements 8, and mentioned gift cards to a few places I like to shop from my family and from my boyfriend I asked for a new tahoe, john deere gator, or laser hair removal but instead he got me a new Nikon SLR camera.

Dec 11, 2009
  40. esavvymom

I just added Teacher Supplies to my list and maybe a nice desk organizer or something. I'm toying with the idea of a nice craft cart, but need to shop around a bit for that...so may have to ask for that "on account" *hehe*.

Dec 11, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted