• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me This Christmas: Money is Tight!

unless you want to invest in a new printer.The thing is, I still have one more catalog show that may or may not come rolling in by the 15th. If it does, I suppose I can submit it on Recruiter's puter .... she has done the same on mine! And I was going to throw an e-mail out in hopes of generating a 2nd show by the 15th and selling off my Cash and Carry ...It may come miraculously back to life. It's happened before. The good news is that I'm pretty sure P3 is mostly backed up ...it is going to take a LOT of twoonies to make me happy.... anymore than 10 and the purse gets too heavy.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
If you are stumped as to what to get me for Christmas, green paper with dead presidents on it would be most helpful ...

I was just informed that Ye Olde HP is Dead as a Doornail.

What do you expect from a 7 year old piece of equipment you bought for $65 2 years ago on E-Bay?

Cheapest one I can find is $300. Way, way, WAAAAAAYYYYYY out of my budget for this time of year.

One paycheck before Christmas, and I still have half my family to buy for. And oh yeah, a house payment. And oh yeah, a cel phone bill. And oh yeah ... gas is $3 a gallon. And then there's that pesky food thing ...

At least my teenage car still runs ....

$3 a gallon for gas... I wish... we are paying $5.32 per gallon right now ($1.17 per litre) but I can get a HP printer that will print/copy/scan and fax for $ 89.00 at Staples right now........ but yes, I too would like some paper for christmas but make mine colourful red (50.00) and brown (100.00) or if you want to fill the stocking with lots of green or purple or blue one that would be ok..... lol

Or lots of those $2 Canadian coins ... I'd even take those!The thing is, I still have one more catalog show that may or may not come rolling in by the 15th. If it does, I suppose I can submit it on Recruiter's puter .... she has done the same on mine! And I was going to throw an e-mail out in hopes of generating a 2nd show by the 15th and selling off my Cash and Carry ...It may come miraculously back to life. It's happened before. The good news is that I'm pretty sure P3 is mostly backed up ...

it is going to take a LOT of twoonies to make me happy.... anymore than 10 and the purse gets too heavy. Good luck on the cash and carry and throw out that email with a teaser for the Jan host/special.... first one that replies back gets a free.....I then tell them they are the first reply and then add a quickcut knife or SB to their order... might just be the trick to get the show you need.

omg.... $5.32 a gallon for gas.... I would definitely be staying at home....lol

not an option for me... helps that the cost is a tax write off as we operate a construction company as well as a cash crop farm and my PC business but the upfront payout of $$ hurts... until tax time that is...

But the problem is ... I am between a rock and a hard place ... because:a) If I DO send out the e-mail, what do I use to send it? Work puter, when all my documents are on the machine at home? Library? Break down and get a data plan on the cel phone?
b) What machine do I use to send it? Recruiter lives 25 miles away and it's winter!Sad how dependent we have become on technology ...

I bet it does.... Gas here averages about $2.80 per gallon.. (right now it is $2.89). We moved here in August 2 hrs from our hometown and soon after it was $2.32 a gallon, so I thought wow, this is awesome... My family back home was still paying $2.60+ so it was a shock that it was that cheap here... So I took a picture of the price to prove to my family... Needless to say, several stores were having "gas wars" and within a week, it was back to $2.60+....Enjoyed it while it lasted though...

On the subject of gas, I live in Nebraska where gas typically ranges from $2.59 to $2.70 for the midgrade (add about 10 cents for the regular unleaded)

In MN where I'm from it's about $2.75 to $2.89 for the regular (add about 10 cents for midgrade)

It's crazy!

All I'm asking is for my husband to find a job.

Intrepid_Chef said:
If you are stumped as to what to get me for Christmas, green paper with dead presidents on it would be most helpful ...

I was just informed that Ye Olde HP is Dead as a Doornail.

What do you expect from a 7 year old piece of equipment you bought for $65 2 years ago on E-Bay?

Cheapest one I can find is $300. Way, way, WAAAAAAYYYYYY out of my budget for this time of year.

One paycheck before Christmas, and I still have half my family to buy for. And oh yeah, a house payment. And oh yeah, a cel phone bill. And oh yeah ... gas is $3 a gallon. And then there's that pesky food thing ...

At least my teenage car still runs ....

Sorry about this, I read it that your printer had died not your computer. I quess the next thing is to pick up the phone or start knocking on doors..... the phone works for me as right now it is -13 C feels like -22 with wind of 33 km/h (or 7 degrees F with winds of 10 mph and feels like 4 degrees F).....too cold for me to be outside knocking on doors.........

Have your recruiter sign into your account & send out an e-mail in Consultant Connection. Or call me and I'll do it for you. ;)

If my computer died I would go to the library or ask if I could use the one at work before/ after I was off the clock. Shouldn't take too long to prepare an simple email. I would do whatever I would need to in order to get another show!

Happy Holidays!

heather223 said:
If my computer died I would go to the library or ask if I could use the one at work before/ after I was off the clock. Shouldn't take too long to prepare an simple email. I would do whatever I would need to in order to get another show!

Happy Holidays!

Ha, good one! :)

I often use my computer at lunch as well. Hey, I'm there and I'm not getting paid...

It's not as bad as all that ... I can still access the net on a somewhat limited basis at the office. I just forget what all I have to do. Yesterday I left and forgot to print out a map for my early morning assignment ... had to call the office. Also had to rely on the phone for an update on the road conditions, since the TV stations were acting like the world had ended.And I'd much rather send out my own e-mail than that cookie-cutter garbage on consultant connection on what passes for a lunch break.My recruiter — God bless her — has offered to send in any shows I get on her computer, since I have done the same for her. And BFF — God bless her — has also offered to let me use her machine and even download P3 on it if I must. She has a laptop she may loan me which has linux on it, not windows or microsoft, but it can at least access the internet.I could get a data plan on my phone if I must .... but REALLY can't afford an $80 cel phone bill!At least this, combined with a rare three day shifts in a row, gives me some time to make calls!

IC - Sorry to hear that your computer picked now to conk out on you.....extra $$ for solutions (ie: data plan, new computer, etc) is tough at any time, but especially just a few short weeks away from Christmas. I was happy to read your current post that you have support from your recruiter and your friend - those 2 people must have given you a lift when they offered help you with your biz needs at this time. Also glad to have read you found a positive in your job - time to make calls after work:) I hope it will all work out for you.

Cheers,
D.

Oh, I love my job ... seriously I do ... and I don't do PC to escape it, I do it to supplement it. Yes, these two people are God-sends in my life!I have random pockets of time when I can check my e-mail and send it ... mostly when waiting for phone calls and such. And so what if I can't send attachments and flyers come out wonky when I try to print them on WorkMac? Most people can't open attachments anyway ...

1. How can I save money on Christmas gifts?

There are several ways to save money on Christmas gifts, such as setting a budget, making a list and sticking to it, looking for deals and discounts, and considering homemade or personalized gifts.

2. What are some affordable gift options?

Some affordable gift options include gift cards, homemade gifts, baking treats, thoughtful notes or letters, and experiences such as a movie night or game night.

3. How can I make my holiday meals more budget-friendly?

To make your holiday meals more budget-friendly, consider planning your menu in advance, using coupons and sales, buying in bulk, and opting for simple and affordable dishes.

4. What are some ways to cut down on holiday expenses?

You can cut down on holiday expenses by making a budget, prioritizing your spending, finding ways to save on decorations and activities, and being mindful of unnecessary purchases.

5. Is it okay to say no to expensive holiday events or gift exchanges?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to say no to expensive holiday events or gift exchanges. Remember, the true meaning of the holidays is spending time with loved ones, not how much money you spend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
beepampered
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies