• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Big Mistake - Should I Reorder and Pay for Items Again?

In summary, the customer received her incorrect order from the show that was delivered to her neighborhood. The customer reordered the items, and included a gift for the neighbor who received the items.
lisatx04
I had a show in April and had a guest send her order via email to me. She has ordered from me in the past, and I know her pretty well. I closed the show, all items shipped and life went on. Last night, she calls me and says "where's my stuff? You cashed my check, but I don't have my items." I looked her up on my PP and when I entered her address, I entered the wrong address!! So now, to be fair and keep her as a customer, should I reorder her items and pay for them and have them sent to her again? That is what I am thinking. The kicker is that the address I sent it to is in her neighborhood, but she doesn't know who lives there.

Any suggestions?? It is my first big mistake and not one I will repeat any time soon, I can let you know that!

I would see if I could get the name and number of the person who lives there or even just stop by to see if the shipment went there. Maybe you can get a new customer out of it! Worst case scenario, repurchase the products for her - it was your mistake.

What was the total of her order?

I would suggest trying HO first to see if they can do anything about it. Who knows? Maybe the person who accidentally received it was honest and returned the items.

Did your customer pay by credit card? If so, she might be able to get a credit with her CC company, since she never received the products she ordered.

If neither one of those works, then maybe I'd call it a lesson learned to check and double check addresses and re-order her the products.

HO is probably going to tell you that they can't make any changes once it's been processed. However, you may be able to catch the shipment through FedEx.

cmdtrgd said:
I would see if I could get the name and number of the person who lives there or even just stop by to see if the shipment went there. Maybe you can get a new customer out of it! Worst case scenario, repurchase the products for her - it was your mistake.

I like that idea too...Stopping by the house, that is. It's an awkward situation, but you might get her products back!

You might be able to find out who the product was delivered to by going to this website. It's for Reverse Address look-up. You can type in the street address, and it should give you a name and phone number.

http://www.whitepages.ca/10002/reverse_address

Hope this helps!
Good Luck!!

Was the show already delivered? If not, you could go to the address, introduce yourself, and explain the problem. Offer the homeowner a small gift (like a Season's Best) when you pick up the boxes from them.

If they have been delivered, hopefully they're honest and contact HO to refuse delivery.

Just an update...

I reordered the guests items since it was my mistake. I even ordered her one of the HWC items as a gift. So today, I open my email and guess what? Her neighbor received her items and brought them to her!! UGH!!

I guess it's okay because I don't want to lose her as a customer. She even asked for the new fall catalog when it comes out.

For future reference: Just contact HO if something like that happens. They are very understanding and will contact FedEx if possible. Between PC and FedEx they have means to contact the person who gets a box in error and then get it to the correct place. Even if the person would be dishonest and say they didn't get it they wouldn't hold you responsible - They KNOW where it was delivered and that even though you made a mistake you aren't lying about not getting it.

Glad it worked out. I actually went to the house when my supplies were delivered to the wrong place. Made some new friends!

I called HO yesterday to see if they could stop the shipment. They said they were picking it in the warehouse, but they did cancel the credit card charge. Once it gets delivered, the guest will have to call PC and they will send FedEx out to pick it up.

I guess we all learn from our mistakes!

1. Can I cancel my reorder and get a refund for my mistake?

Unfortunately, once an order has been placed, it cannot be cancelled or refunded. We recommend carefully reviewing your order before submitting it to avoid any mistakes.

2. What if I don't want to reorder the same items?

If you do not want to reorder the same items, you can contact our customer service team to discuss alternative options. Depending on the situation, we may be able to offer a different solution.

3. Will I be charged for shipping again if I reorder?

Yes, you will be charged for shipping again if you reorder the same items. However, if you reach out to our customer service team, we may be able to waive the shipping fees as a one-time courtesy.

4. Can I make changes to my reorder?

Once an order has been placed, it cannot be changed. If you need to make changes, we recommend contacting our customer service team as soon as possible to see if any adjustments can be made.

5. Is there a time limit for reordering?

There is no set time limit for reordering, but we recommend doing so as soon as possible to avoid any potential inventory issues. If an item is out of stock, we may not be able to fulfill your reorder.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
Becky0216