• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Incentives: Using 1/2 Off Items for Chef Tongs - Is It Wrong?

In summary, the hostess offered an incentive to the consultant and the consultant took advantage of this by using one of the hostess' 1/2 off items. There is nothing wrong with this and the hostess still gets the $20 item for free.
K_Jurich
OK I had a show on Friday that I am closing out today, anyway, I play an incentive game where they earn $ from me anyway my host had a $936 show and earned 190 in free and 3 1/2 price items and $20 in incentive from me. So she spent $188 and chose NO 1/2 off items. And chose the chef tongs and her $20 from me anyway. Is it wrong if I use one of her 1/2 items as her chef tongs. Then I only pay 10.70 insttead of the 20. Not sure what to do. Is it wrong of me to do it that way. She is still getting the 20 but since she chose not to use her 1/2 items I am using it for that. What do you think?

K_Jurich said:
OK I had a show on Friday that I am closing out today, anyway, I play an incentive game where they earn $ from me anyway my host had a $936 show and earned 190 in free and 3 1/2 price items and $20 in incentive from me. So she spent $188 and chose NO 1/2 off items. And chose the chef tongs and her $20 from me anyway. Is it wrong if I use one of her 1/2 items as her chef tongs. Then I only pay 10.70 insttead of the 20. Not sure what to do. Is it wrong of me to do it that way. She is still getting the 20 but since she chose not to use her 1/2 items I am using it for that. What do you think?

I think that is fine to do. She is still getting a $20 item for free - and the 1/2 item is sitting there unused. It's just a better deal for you as the incentive-giver!

I agree...nothing at all wrong with doing that!

If I offer an incentive, I put it on their order and use their % discount earned, so my expense isn't the total price of the item, either.

That's just a smart way of putting it into P3 and saving YOU some $$ while still giving her the incentive you promised her!

I agree. There's nothing wrong with that at all. Just make sure that she really doesn't want to use the half off benefit for anything else.

I did I asked her twice. She said she go everything she wanted cause she got 4 booking she said she had to save somethings to purchase there.

I don't think its wrong at all. I think its smart of you to take advantage of it.

I often offer incentives to the host. I never pay the full amount. The way it is worded is $20 in free products. At the very least I use the host discount to purchase the item. If she uses one of her half price items and it is cheaper than the incentive, I switch it before it closes. She is still getting what she wants at the same price, but I just pay a little less.

if i have an incentive for a host - i usually use her discount or use the half off items that they havent used. it just makes sense for my pocket book :)

I do what other's have already posted.

Same here. Go for it!

Heck no it isn't wrong!!! It is still for the hostess and it is a consultant gift. Just b/c you are paying less does NOT make it wrong!! Way to go on the show!!!

Yhanks everyone thats what I thought I just wanted to make sure.

1. Is it wrong to use metal utensils on non-stick cookware?

No, it is not necessarily wrong to use metal utensils on non-stick cookware, but it can cause damage to the non-stick coating over time. It is recommended to use wooden or silicone utensils to prolong the lifespan of your non-stick cookware.

2. Is it wrong to wash knives in the dishwasher?

Yes, it is not recommended to wash knives in the dishwasher as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the blade and handle. It is best to hand wash knives with warm water and mild soap and dry them immediately.

3. Is it wrong to use olive oil for high heat cooking?

Yes, it is not recommended to use olive oil for high heat cooking as it has a lower smoke point compared to other oils. It is best to use oils with a higher smoke point such as avocado oil or canola oil for high heat cooking.

4. Is it wrong to put hot food directly into the fridge?

Yes, it is not recommended to put hot food directly into the fridge as it can raise the temperature of the fridge and potentially spoil other food items. It is best to let the hot food cool down before placing it in the fridge.

5. Is it wrong to put metal cookware in the microwave?

Yes, it is not safe to put metal cookware in the microwave as it can cause sparks and potentially damage the microwave. It is best to use microwave-safe dishes and utensils when heating food in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ted122781
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • naekelsey