• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Was I Wrong to Follow Up? Evaluating Pushy Behavior

In summary, the lady who wanted $55 worth of items did not respond, but the lady who wanted only pink items did respond. The $5 product lady is not interested in any of the pink items.
linojackie
I got a couple responses to my newsletter and outlet email with people saying they wanted to order this or that. With one of them, she said she'd buy the $5 HWC thing because she always likes to support. So I replied and asked if she would like to do an online party/fundraiser. All she'd have to do is give me her friends' email addresses and I would do the rest. No response.

Another lady pasted a copy of the screen with all of the items she wanted from the outlet. (A $55 order) I told her I would need to get CC# shortly to place the order for her, but before I gave her her total, was she interested in any of the pink items. No response.

So about 4 days later I emailed them both and said "Hey, I never heard back from you, are you still interested in ordering". No response.

Was I wrong? Was that too pushy?

I wouldn't think you're wrong for asking if they are still interested in ordering. I've had to remind myself often though, other people do not check their email as often as I do. :D If you have a phone number, try giving them a call. I'd feel more comfortable providing a credit card number by phone anyway.

I agree with NooraK, although I would not have tried to get a show from someone who wanted only a $5 product. Then again, I'm still new and a little nervous about asking.

pick up the phone and call them.

Definitely try calling. They could be having a crazy week, on vacation, don't check email often or your email could even be in their junk folder!!! Don't assume that they aren't interested. They did respond in the first place. Also, I always mention shows, esp catalog shows since people don't always realize that IS a real show!! Keep the emails short and to the point asking a question that is separate from the paragraph b/c if they skim, they may miss it.

Oh, I forgot to mention the $5 product lady is a long time friend of my husband's family. She also has held 3 shows with me and was interested in the biz. However, she is like 9 months pregnant right now and could very well be in the hospital having a baby as we speak.

1. Was I wrong to follow up with a customer?

No, it is not wrong to follow up with a customer. In fact, it is often necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and build a strong relationship with them. However, it is important to ensure that the follow-up is done in a respectful and appropriate manner.

2. What constitutes as pushy behavior in following up with a customer?

Pushy behavior in following up with a customer can include repeatedly contacting them despite them declining or showing disinterest, using aggressive or manipulative language, and not respecting their boundaries or preferences.

3. How can I evaluate if my follow-up was too pushy?

You can evaluate if your follow-up was too pushy by considering the customer's response and feedback. If they seem annoyed or uncomfortable, it may be a sign that your approach was too pushy. It is also helpful to reflect on your actions and consider if you were respectful of the customer's time and preferences.

4. What are some alternatives to pushy behavior in following up with a customer?

Some alternatives to pushy behavior in following up with a customer include sending a friendly reminder, offering additional value or information, and asking for their preferred method of communication. It is also important to respect the customer's decision if they decline or do not respond.

5. How can I ensure that my follow-up is effective without being pushy?

To ensure that your follow-up is effective without being pushy, it is important to listen to the customer's needs and preferences, respect their boundaries, and maintain a friendly and professional tone. You can also ask for their feedback and make adjustments to your approach accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • tiggger
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies