• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friend Wants to Order a Cookbook

In summary, the conversation is about a friend who wants to order the 29 Min 2 cookbook but does not want to host and I do not have any other shows open to add the order onto. The friend e-mailed me and asked how she should order--online or through me and she'll send me a check. I want to direct her to the website and have her do it that way, but I feel silly giving her the online ordering directions, so I am going to call her.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a friend who just wants to order the 29 Min 2 cookbook. She doesn't want to host and I don't have any other shows open right now to add the order onto. She just e-mailed me and asked how should she order--online or through me and she'll send me a check.

When this happens, what do you do? I want to direct her to the website and have her do it that way, so that maybe she'll see other things that she'd like and start thinking of a wish list mentally. Plus then she'll know and feel comfortable placing other orders online in the future. I feel silly giving her the online ordering directions, when I could just call her and get her CC over the phone, or stop by her house and pick up a check. I feel weird typing a response e-mail with all the different ways we can place her order. Soooo, what would you do?

With a friend, I would just do what she is most comfortable with. I would place the order on P3 for her. Does she know that shipping would be $6.25? Does she expect you to give her a good deal?

You can enter in an individual order in P3.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
With a friend, I would just do what she is most comfortable with. I would place the order on P3 for her. Does she know that shipping would be $6.25? Does she expect you to give her a good deal?

I know, that's another thing I feel bad about. Paying so much in S&H for just one little cookbook. (I feel like a complaining guest... :rolleyes:) But you know what I mean. I want to cut her a break somehow, but since I don't have any other shows open, I don't know what else to do. Too bad I didn't think to ask her a few days ago, when I was salvaging a couple orders from my nightmare host/good host saga. (I had placed an order for my mom on the good host's order to boost her totals to get the show to qualify, and I could have added her cookbook to that.)

I think I'll call her and just do the individual order on P3 and just let her know how the website works, so that in the future she'll know how to do it. I guess...

If she isn't in a big hurry, could you hold the order and add it to a future show?

It is always hard to decide whether to give friends a "break" or not. I keep telling myself this is my business and end up charging the regular price to them and I shouldn't feel guilty. I do give family 10% off anything they want.

If you feel funny about it, you could order as a personal order under non-commission orders and charge her full price for the book. You get a 20% discount on any order you place as a personal order. I am not sure how the S&H is but you could always plug it into P3 and see, and if you do not like the result, simply delete the order.

I would send her to the outlet. Then if she finds a crazy good deal, the shipping isn't as hard to take. If you've hosted a show and have 10% off, you could let her use it if you wanted.

This business is about customer service. What would YOU want? To go on-line and enter a ton of info, have to sign up with password and enter in your credit card number and pay 30% of the price of a product for shopping OR make one phone call and a cookbook magically appears?

Personally, I would call her and ask what she prefers...."I won't be able to order it with a reduced shipping rate until xxxx. Would you like to pay a few bucks more to get it now or would you like to wait?" If it's for a gift, she'll want to pay the extra shipping but if it's for herself, she probably won't mind waiting and will appreciate the no-hassle shopping experience. Good luck.

Does anyone in your upline have an extra they could send you? Clustermates?

1. How can I order a Pampered Chef cookbook from my friend?

You can easily order a cookbook from your friend by going to their personal Pampered Chef website and selecting the cookbook you would like to purchase. You can also contact your friend directly to place an order.

2. Are there any discounts or promotions available for ordering a cookbook from a friend?

Yes, your friend may have special discounts or promotions available for ordering a cookbook from them. Be sure to ask them about any current promotions or discounts when placing your order.

3. Can I customize the cookbook I order from my friend?

Yes, you can customize your cookbook by adding your name or a special message to the cover. Your friend can help you with the customization process when you place your order.

4. How long will it take for the cookbook to arrive after ordering from my friend?

The delivery time may vary depending on your location, but typically it takes 7-10 business days for your cookbook to arrive after placing your order with your friend.

5. Can I return or exchange a cookbook ordered from my friend?

If you are not satisfied with your cookbook, you can return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Your friend can assist you with the return or exchange process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefBeckyD