1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Friend wants to order a cookbook

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I have a friend who just wants to order the 29 Min 2 cookbook. She doesn't want to host and I don't have any other shows open right now to add the order onto. She just e-mailed me and asked how should she order--online or through me and she'll send me a check.

When this happens, what do you do? I want to direct her to the website and have her do it that way, so that maybe she'll see other things that she'd like and start thinking of a wish list mentally. Plus then she'll know and feel comfortable placing other orders online in the future. I feel silly giving her the online ordering directions, when I could just call her and get her CC over the phone, or stop by her house and pick up a check. I feel weird typing a response e-mail with all the different ways we can place her order. Soooo, what would you do?

Apr 17, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

With a friend, I would just do what she is most comfortable with. I would place the order on P3 for her. Does she know that shipping would be $6.25? Does she expect you to give her a good deal?

3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

You can enter in an individual order in P3.

Apr 17, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I know, that's another thing I feel bad about. Paying so much in S&H for just one little cookbook. (I feel like a complaining guest... :rolleyes:) But you know what I mean. I want to cut her a break somehow, but since I don't have any other shows open, I don't know what else to do. Too bad I didn't think to ask her a few days ago, when I was salvaging a couple orders from my nightmare host/good host saga. (I had placed an order for my mom on the good host's order to boost her totals to get the show to qualify, and I could have added her cookbook to that.)

I think I'll call her and just do the individual order on P3 and just let her know how the website works, so that in the future she'll know how to do it. I guess...

Apr 17, 2009
  5. PamperChefCarol

PamperChefCarol Veteran Member

If she isn't in a big hurry, could you hold the order and add it to a future show?

6. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

It is always hard to decide whether to give friends a "break" or not. I keep telling myself this is my business and end up charging the regular price to them and I shouldn't feel guilty. I do give family 10% off anything they want.

Apr 17, 2009
  7. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

If you feel funny about it, you could order as a personal order under non-commission orders and charge her full price for the book. You get a 20% discount on any order you place as a personal order. I am not sure how the S&H is but you could always plug it into P3 and see, and if you do not like the result, simply delete the order.

Apr 17, 2009
  8. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

I would send her to the outlet. Then if she finds a crazy good deal, the shipping isn't as hard to take. If you've hosted a show and have 10% off, you could let her use it if you wanted.

Apr 17, 2009
  9. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

This business is about customer service. What would YOU want? To go on-line and enter a ton of info, have to sign up with password and enter in your credit card number and pay 30% of the price of a product for shopping OR make one phone call and a cookbook magically appears?

Personally, I would call her and ask what she prefers...."I won't be able to order it with a reduced shipping rate until xxxx. Would you like to pay a few bucks more to get it now or would you like to wait?" If it's for a gift, she'll want to pay the extra shipping but if it's for herself, she probably won't mind waiting and will appreciate the no-hassle shopping experience. Good luck.

Apr 17, 2009
  10. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Does anyone in your upline have an extra they could send you? Clustermates?

Apr 18, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted